Review - Costa NeoRomantica - 9th Janury, Indian Ocean Cruise

onyx007

Review of the Costa Neoromantica

ship

The neoRomantica is small but nice. Shaded area around the pool are popular and in the "Diario del Bordo" announced control of occupied sunbeds is not done; there is written that after 30 minutes the chairs to be cleared ...

Meals

No food between 11-12 clock and 17-18 clock and after dinner of course ... The dinner in the main restaurant in the evening is open sitting from 18.30 until 22.00 clock, best Timing between 18.30 and 19.15. Between 19:30 to 20:30 you usually have to wait. But we always went (after the recommendation of the waiters on the first evening) between 18.30 and 19.00 clock to eat and actually had the whole week the same waiters (which makes it easier to give them a tipp)

entertainment

No theater, but performances in "Cabaret Vienna". Between two and three performances per evening. It is worthwhile to be there early to snag the good places (best for the second show, at the time when the first show is over after 45 minutes) twice came Folks local groups on board. Animations found on the main pool deck (but of course, only in good weather)

Evening Wear

except once, it is always "casual". In the club restaurant an elegant evening wear is required ... There were various theme parties and accordingly dresses recommendation:

-white evening

- Italian evening (red-white-green)

- Colorful / tropical evening

- Masquerade (face only, so who has a Venetian mask, can this bring along)

and the single "elegant" evening there was the phrase "Black / White"

Beverage Packet

Is great for the 5 days at sea; In the morning a better coffee and evening wine / water for dinner. Also note the "Drink of the Day ', as it is either not in part on the normal menu or else is not included in package price. We had also bought a packet of water bottles for the excursions ashore and for the room in the night.

Pack for Excursions

sunscreen, mosquito repellent, and possibly a one-way waterproof jacket, because the temperature is always high

currency

Euro and dollars are accepted everywhere (best bring along a amount of small bills, because sometimes change is missing) Of course, it's always good when you have a small amount in local currency here, since one usually has better prices and sometimes, for example, a local bus may take only local money...

Ports:

Seychelles (2 1/2 days)

The excursion "Praslin and La Digue" is Top and as long as you dont walk with a stick or sit in a wheelchair it's doable fro everyone .take it on the first day to make the tour, because you will board the Ferry right beside the ship. On the second day they use the public ferry and probably have at least 1 hour less on the two islands.

On the second day you can explore the main island on your own. To the city center you can walk and if you have not made the trip above on the first day, the Botanical Garden offers itself for a nice look at the plants you missed on Praslin, otherwise you can see there is nothing new. With the public bus 20 or 22 can do an hour drive through the north for 50 cents (5 rupees per person / trip) the best beach is in Beau Vallon (reachable with the same two buses).

Nosy Be

Due to rough seas this port has been cancelled on our trip, because this is the only place where you would have to tender. I would have made there made the trip "Komba and Tanikely"

Diego Suarez

Instead of Nosy Be we spent another day in Diego Suarez, where only two tours were offered unfortunately for this "Backup Day". The downtown area with some nice shops on Rue Colbert himself is walkable. On the second day and thus official, I have made the great tour "Amber Mountain" with lemurs and Camaeleon sightings. "Tsingy" was apparently also great.

Tamatave

we went to the onboard tour for "Zoo of lemurs", where we were able to observe these animals in cages but also in freedom. The market is big and here you can probably do the best and cheapest shopping. The roads in Madagascar are adventurous and poverty is greatest here.

La Reunion

So either volcano tour or how we did on this volcanic island, the "landscapes of Reunion", the path leads to over 2000 meters above sea level, where you must be very fast, because the clouds can dissolve only in the morning ...

Mauritius

The Full-Day Tour "landscapes in the south" is very good; you can do to the airport if you're flying in the evening and on the last day of the transfer.

Other questions I beanworte happy if I can ...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi thinking of trying this cruise next year just wondering what the weather was like in each of the ports also is there plenty of sunbathing area on the ship are there enough sunbeds for everybody just recently been on a p and o cruise and if you wasnt up early you had no chance of a sunbed any other information would be greatly appreciated

Hi thinking of trying this cruise next year just wondering what the weather was like in each of the ports also is there plenty of sunbathing area on the ship are there enough sunbeds for everybody just recently been on a p and o cruise and if you wasnt up early you had no chance of a sunbed any other information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, thank you for reading my review.

It's raining season, so it was quite wet sometimes, but it was always warm (around 25 to 32 Celsius; don't know what's that in Fahrenheit, but I think around 97 ?)

If you like the sun, you'll find more than enough sunbeds, but if you like to lie in the shade, then the space is limited. The sun is really strong, so you'll need to be careful.

You're welcome to write me any other questions.

I think I wrote the most helpful informations about this cruise already, everything else I thought should be anyway normal for someone who already cruised before..