Looking for cross body bag recommendation

I'm hoping for some recommendations for a cross body bag to use on excursions. I will be going on a 2 week cruise, my first cruise ever. I'd like a bag that doubles as a purse and has lots of organized space. I'm looking for one in particular that would have a pocket on the side that a water bottle could fit in. I'm hoping that it has a big enough area that a folded up rain jacket could fit in, too. Any suggestions? I'm seeing lots of bags but they're missing a pocket for a water bottle.

I have the Donner bag by Overland Equipmemt and I love it! - it holds a water bottle and has a front 'organizer' pocket. I have one in a couple of colors, and the brand has some similar bags that vary in size.

I got them from eBags - they do free returns on most things so you can order a couple of variations or brands and send back the ones you don't care for.

There are other brands too on eBags with the features you describe - I have tried a couple of them, but end up with Overland Equipmemt each time....

I also take a wristlet type bag to take to dinner - takes no space to pack.

Have a great first cruise!

Michele

I have the Donner bag as well. It is the best bag. I looked everywhere for a great cross body bag. Nothing came close to what i imagined I wanted. I had similar requirements as you. Then I read a thread on here about the donner bag and managed to find one and yay amazon would send it to Aus!

I used it all over our NZ cruise in January. I could fit a whole heap in the bag.:)

Have you looked at Kavu bags? I know they are really popular. Or maybe a stylish messenger bag they sometimes have a water bottle pocket.

I've never heard of these. I'll check them out.

I forgot to mention that I'd like a bag that is also water resistant/proof as my cruise is to Alaska.

I have the Donner bag by Overland Equipmemt and I love it! - it holds a water bottle and has a front 'organizer' pocket. I have one in a couple of colors, and the brand has some similar bags that vary in size.

I got them from eBags - they do free returns on most things so you can order a couple of variations or brands and send back the ones you don't care for.

There are other brands too on eBags with the features you describe - I have tried a couple of them, but end up with Overland Equipmemt each time....

I also take a wristlet type bag to take to dinner - takes no space to pack.

Have a great first cruise!

Michele

You all are the best!! I'll definitely look at this. Great advice on the wristlet. I never would have thought of that.

I have the Donner bag as well. It is the best bag. I looked everywhere for a great cross body bag. Nothing came close to what i imagined I wanted. I had similar requirements as you. Then I read a thread on here about the donner bag and managed to find one and yay amazon would send it to Aus!

I used it all over our NZ cruise in January. I could fit a whole heap in the bag.:)

Great to have a positive second opinion. Thanks!!

Bagalini & Vera Bradley

I just heard about Baggalini the other day and spent quite a bit of time looking at what Amazon had available. I didn't see any that had a pocket for a water bottle that I thought would work for me.

I'll check out Vera Bradley. Thanks!

I love this one - it's definitely what I'm looking for - but I think it's too big for wandering around port or on excursions. What do you think?

You're right - that one is huge. How about this one?

http://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/anti-theft-classic-messenger-style-crossbody/293035?productid=10359752&rlid=DETAIL_AI

(I am looking for a new travel crossbody, too.)

I am sad the Donner bags are no more....maybe others in the Overland Equipment line? also, I think I have seen some online at Magellans or Travelsmith - but it may have been the Travelon one.

I am tempted by that Travelon in navy!

I am sad the Donner bags are no more....maybe others in the Overland Equipment line? also, I think I have seen some online at Magellans or Travelsmith - but it may have been the Travelon one.

I am tempted by that Travelon in navy!

Yep, I'm considering the navy, too. :)

I have the Travelon small cross body (two of them actually).

http://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/anti-theft-react-small-crossbody/276967?productid=10311752&rlid=DETAIL

I find it just the right size for port. A couple of those recommended are very large and I don't carry that much stuff with me. I use this bag everywhere and I love that it has both a bottle holder (that zips closed when not in use) as well as a zipped pocket in the back that will hold my kindle (even kindle fire when I take it) and a top easy access pouch for my phone.

Baggalini bags aren't waterproof. Mine got soaked in Alaska. :( I have had better luck with the Haiku bags. The best selection is on Zappos.

My serious travel crossbody bag is made by Eagle Creek. It is waterproof, has an outside pocket for a bottle of water, features lots of pockets and organizer sections, plus sufficient space to stuff a packaway jacket or windbreaker. If you're interested in Eagle Creek, go directly to the manufacturer's website, find the style you like, then try Amazon, Zappos or other websites for actual shopping.

Hope this helps. The right bag makes travel easier..

I have the Travelon small cross body (two of them actually).

http://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/anti-theft-react-small-crossbody/276967?productid=10311752&rlid=DETAIL

I find it just the right size for port. A couple of those recommended are very large and I don't carry that much stuff with me. I use this bag everywhere and I love that it has both a bottle holder (that zips closed when not in use) as well as a zipped pocket in the back that will hold my kindle (even kindle fire when I take it) and a top easy access pouch for my phone.

I like this one but am afraid it might be too small for me.

Baggalini bags aren't waterproof. Mine got soaked in Alaska. :( I have had better luck with the Haiku bags. The best selection is on Zappos.

My serious travel crossbody bag is made by Eagle Creek. It is waterproof, has an outside pocket for a bottle of water, features lots of pockets and organizer sections, plus sufficient space to stuff a packaway jacket or windbreaker. If you're interested in Eagle Creek, go directly to the manufacturer's website, find the style you like, then try Amazon, Zappos or other websites for actual shopping.

Hope this helps. The right bag makes travel easier..

Good to know since Alaska is where I'm going. I'll check out Eagle Creek, too

Just came across this one - has pocket for water bottle and reasonably priced.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JK8JUHM/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

I purchased a pacsafe messenger bag from REI last year before traveling to Honduras. Love it because I can sling it over my body like a cross body bag and it is large enough to hold my iPad. It was quite a bit more expensive than the one I just found on Amazon. It is really well made and will be my bag again this September when cruising in Europe.