Photo Scavenger Hunt Ideas???

JenSDCA

For our upcoming cruise, my family is planning to do a photo scavenger hunt as a fun sea day activity. Any ideas for things to capture? Like any scavenger hunt, we want to have some items easy to find, and some a bit more challenging, maybe requiring more creative interpretation. All suggestions appreciated!

I also posted this in the photography board, but I imagine I might get more creative or Carnival-specific ideas here :D

One of the most fun scavenger hunts was who could find the most different country's that the crew members are from. Just take a pic of their name tags and have fun.

Great idea!! My younger boy would kick our backsides at that, he loves engaging with the crew members. Definitely going on the list :)

Some ideas:

• List 5 countries to find a staff member from (as someone suggested)
  • The ship's bell
  • Something from Fincanarti or whoever built the ship you're on (Glory has a neat mural on the wall on Lido
  • Pic with a member of the fun staff or the cruise director
  • Depending on time of day and ship, someone with a Guy burger or something like that
  • The funnel
  • This one may be hard, but someone with a diamond status card - don't want them bugging everyone. Platinum may be better

Some ideas I could think of that are more Carnival related. Had some other ideas but don't want them getting in trouble - like pic of deck 0 or something.

There is a sheet of paper framed that has the maritime laws about dumping trash, food, etc...at sea. It has other ma I time information on it to. There is only one on each ship that I have found and looked at, I would tell you where it is but then you would have an advantage[emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did an organized photo scavenger hunt on our last Princess cruise. It was very fun. One of the clues we had to find was find a clock that said X time. You really had to think outside of the box for this one. On the Grand, there are clocks above the elevators or near by. This made it easy to change the hands, take the picture, and put the time back. Some of the other's were take a picture with at least 3 show girls, find the cruise director and take your picture with them. Some sort of animal. It was a design in the glass of one of the restaurants/ Do some research on your ship and the theme. Maybe you will look for the statue of Liberty? or a picture of a president? I think every ship no matter what line has a coin that was placed at time of build for luck. Another thought, you could have to take a picture at top of the water slide. To make it fun, keep the time short and have teams be no smaller than pairs. Meet back at the start point and whoever has the most of the pictures wins. (have some prizes, duh!) This was one of the most fun activities that my DH and I had together. It also helped us learn the layout of the ship. BTW, we won, but everyone got the same prize :eek: It was a little keychain flash light.

So much fun! I can't wait to be back on board!

I'm a Carnival cruiser, so any ideas I suggest would be for that fleet...

A picture of the doors to one of the secret decks.

A picture of one team member eating pizza or some other specific food [maybe an ice cream cone!]

A picture of today's Fun Times.

A picture of today's menu [it's on the tv, and also posted outside the MDR]

A picture of the wake.

A picture of the view from the bow, or as close to it as they can get!

A picture of a lifeboat.

A picture of the atrium taken from inside the glass elevators.

A picture taken in the atrium, pointed straight up!

A picture inside the library...oddly, it's sometimes difficult to get in the library...they often have limited hours of operation!

Here is a picture of the coin from Sensation that I found on another thread, someone else will be able to correct me but I think every Carnival ship has their own in a unique location.

4531c7f1bbf69231f8cb70e4493601dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where did you find this? I am heading out on her soon, and would love to see one of these!

I found this list of ship's coins a long time ago:

Ship’s Coin locations

Conquest – located on Deck 14

Destiny – located near the basketball court

Dream – located at the bottom of stairs to waterslide (behind) (NO) Across from Waterslide

Ecstasy – located on the radar mast (forward right)

Glory – located on the forward slide on top of deck 12

Legend – located up the ladder from the 1-th deck and right above the mini golf course (radar mast forward right)

Magic – located on deck 11

Paradise – located on the radio array near the golf course

Pride – located by the miniature golf area

Spirit – located by hole 7 on the mini gold course (look up)

Valor – located across the deck from the waterslide entrance. (Yes)

Triumph – located near basketball court.

I asked 3 or 4 people including a ship's officer about the ship's coin when I was on the Sapphire Princess and no one knew anything about a coin so maybe this is only a carnival thing.

Where did you find this? I am heading out on her soon, and would love to see one of these!

I found this picture from another thread on this board, I'm not sure about the location. I'll be sailing on her in September though so I'll be looking. This will be my third cruise and I didn't know about the coins, it'll give us something else to do while onboard though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is generally at least one run by the activities staff, with prizes.

We have also had great fun doing the Camp Carnival family hunts. My kids still laugh about the time we took a white sock to a bartender and asked him to put grenadine on it because we needed a red sock. It led to our first ship-on-a-stick victory!

We also did one where we had to convince passengers to do stuff -- kiss their companion, dance in a conga line, build a human pyramid, pose in a 'see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil' pattern. I'm not quite outgoing enough to ask people to let me take their photo, but my husband is, and this was great fun. People love being asked to do stuff like this. He was careful about who he chose to approach and never got turned down or brushed off.

JenSDCA, I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea!! This sounds like SUCH FUN!!

Are you doing this on just one day, or over the course of the whole cruise? I'm contemplating adding in our ports, etc, and making it a week long competition. Whoever comes home with the most pictures/finds wins!

Found this on http://princesspinkygirl.com/cruise-ship-scavenger-hunt-free-printable/

* funniest mustache

* ship's officer

* something with a fish on it

* ship's steering wheel

* animal carved out of fruit

* towel animal

* someone eating a cookie

* sushi roll

* magazine cover with a Kardashian

* shuffleboard

* Promenade desk sign

* someone wearing a sea sickness patch

* a team member wearing a chef hat

* picture of another cruise ship

* someone playing piano

* someone in a Big 10 shirt

* stranger sleeping on pool deck (picture taken from afar, presumably)

* 2 people with matching shirts

* stranger balancing something on their head

* Taylor Swift lookalike

* Santa Claus lookalike (I love this one!)

* stained glass window

* someone wearing a family reunion t-shirt

For our upcoming cruise, my family is planning to do a photo scavenger hunt as a fun sea day activity. Any ideas for things to capture? Like any scavenger hunt, we want to have some items easy to find, and some a bit more challenging, maybe requiring more creative interpretation. All suggestions appreciated!

I also posted this in the photography board, but I imagine I might get more creative or Carnival-specific ideas here

1) Pictures of the captain or easier, any of the officers.

2) Do you know what is on the ship? One ship I was on included art work (not paintings) of elephants at the stair landings. If I was on that ship and if I was organizing this, I would ask for a picture of an elephant.

If you are on a Disney ship, a picture of a hidden Mickey.

3) A picture of someone walking on water, like this girl ...

DisneyDream.jpg

4) Someone (you don't know) sleeping on a lounge chair.

5) Someone who is badly sunburned.

6) Something with the name of the ship on it.

7) Something you would not expect to find on a cruise ship (like a bus, or a car, or a motorcycle ...).

8) Something that you cannot describe, like this ...

9) A picture of the wake.

10) A wild fish, whale, porpoise, dolphin, or sea turtle.

11) A mermaid ...

A590_zpsi5hyemn0.jpg

12) A bird on the ship (not flying).

13) A pool with no one in it ...

DSC_2339_zps26ef1c64.jpg

14) Someone in the landing area of a water slide ...

DSC_7517_zps28529cee.jpg

15) Sunrise or sunset.

16) Any real animal.

17) A towel animal.

18) Another boat or ship.

19) A hallway with no one in it ...

DSC_7784_zps10pswk8c.jpg

20) A night time photo ...

DSC_7633_zpswk96u0ns.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

We did this on a family cruise this past June. I gave them 35 minutes. My daughter said it was an appropriate amount of time. I took prizes along. I was generous and gave the winners gift cards. But you can do anything or nothing.

Here are the things to take a picture of. You get 5 extra points if one of you are in the picture. Each item is worth 5 points. It is all or nothing. No half points.

Towel animal Lifeboat

Piece of pizza Bald man

Sun glasses

Barf bag

Something with the Cruise ship logo on it

Drink of the day sign

Today’s fun times Flip Flops…not you or your partner

Pen with Logo on it Life ring

Bread Sculpture

Our dining room dinner/lunch menu

Fruit Sculpture Golf club

Ice cream cone with ice cream in it Luggage Tag

Drink Umbrella Selfie in your bathroom

Something Red Picture with chess pieces

Ships Officer Map of ships location

Promenade deck sign Fun ship Freddie pic of or real

Someone wearing a sea sickness patch Map of whole ship

Stranger sleeping on deck Sun tan lotion

A family reunion shirt Man in a speedo

A birthday celebration shirt ATM

Decorated stateroom door Ocean

Ping Pong table Stranger reading a book or kindle

Edited by justlovecruisin

How about 3 different pictures of anything that starts with the same letter as your first name-presuming you don't have a Xavier or a Zoey in the group! 3 different pictures of anything that is the same color or colors as your shirt. How about bonus points if you take a picture of a room number that has your birthdate in it or a name tag of someone who has the same first name?

Oh my goodness! So many wonderful ideas!!

I just might have to do a few hunts over the 7 days, so many great pics to hunt for!

Thank you from all of us!

And anyone else who does this, please come back and post what you did and how it turned out.

Linsuesue, I like the first name idea, especially since my husband and both boys all start with T, while I am the sole J.

Oh, this is going to be fun just to plan, let alone execute :D

And if we find the Miracle's coin, I'll report back so we can update the list.