Stream from Laptop to TV

Hello,

My wife and I were recently on the Explorer for a B2B.(Sep 23-Oct 8) We were fortunate to have one of the new deck 12 rooms that were added on during the last drydock. That being said, this room had a Samsung TV and our goal was to able to stream, via HDMI from my mMacbook pro to the TV.

We brought a universal remote and was able to pair it to the tv... sort of. The remote turned the volume up/down and was able to turn the tv on/off.

We also had the room steward bring in the original remote and was able to the tv to change the hdmi ports and were able to get into the general menu. We discovered, the "data" cable needed to be unplugged as well. We also discovered, at the back of the tv, at the bottom left side was a button that was able to control the tv the same way the remote could.

Here is the problem. We had a brand new hdmi cable and laptop hooked up to the tv, although no picture and no sound was able to be seen/heard. The TV said that no connection was there, although there clearly was.

We will be sailing on Harmony for a B2B in Jan/Feb 2017 and really want to be able to get this to work in order to stream from the MacBook to the TV. One would assume that the set up will be the same as these were new rooms/tv's on Explorer and of course Harmony will be new.

Can someone please explain what in the world we did wrong? (we got home and tested the connection on our Samsung tv here and it worked fine)

I look forward to any and all assistance.

Thanks,

Steve & Jen

This was a new TV, there were 3 hdmi ports. I am going to assume Harmony will have the same kind of TV. The person that mentioned hotel mode.... I have a feeling it was that. Even though you could change the inputs, the hdmi ports were still blocked. Whats funny... the usb port was active and working. We wanted to stream netflix but were unsuccessful.

This was a new TV, there were 3 hdmi ports. I am going to assume Harmony will have the same kind of TV. The person that mentioned hotel mode.... I have a feeling it was that. Even though you could change the inputs, the hdmi ports were still blocked. Whats funny... the usb port was active and working. We wanted to stream netflix but were unsuccessful.

It can be done. Just gotta dig thru these intrawebs. If you can figure out the TV model Samsung, it will help even more. But yeah, they enabled HOTEL MODE to stop us from doing that. But, we never give up, do we?

Well... yup, not going to give up. Will try those suggestions mentioned about trying to disable hotel mode in Jan when we are on harmony. If we get it to work, we will report back here as I am sure many other would like to do the same thing.