Fort Lauderdale’s is first with Mobile Passport Control

Beginning Friday, Fort Lauderdale’s Port Everglades will become the first seaport in the country to offer the Mobile Passport Control (MPC) program, an app that allows passengers to complete their U.S. Customs declaration paperwork using their smartphone, slashing the length of the debarkation process. The app is geared at U.S. Citizens re-entering the country and requires travelers to input biographic information. The app then provides an encrypted code that passengers present to a customs officer along with their passport to complete the process. “An added bonus is that MPC will be in service in time for the arrivals of Royal Caribbean [international]’s Harmony of the Seas and Holland America Line's ms Koningsdam,” said said Steven Cernak, Port Everglades chief executive and port director

Beginning Friday, Fort Lauderdale’s Port Everglades will become the first seaport in the country to offer the Mobile Passport Control (MPC) program, an app that allows passengers to complete their U.S. Customs declaration paperwork using their smartphone, slashing the length of the debarkation process. The app is geared at U.S. Citizens re-entering the country and requires travelers to input biographic information. The app then provides an encrypted code that passengers present to a customs officer along with their passport to complete the process. “An added bonus is that MPC will be in service in time for the arrivals of Royal Caribbean [international]’s Harmony of the Seas and Holland America Line's ms Koningsdam,” said said Steven Cernak, Port Everglades chief executive and port director

I've got Global Entry which by-passes the mass lines lined for Customs.

I've got Global Entry which by-passes the mass lines lined for Customs.

I have both Global Entry and Mobile Passport, and my (admittedly limited) experience so far is that the Mobile Passport lines are shorter. That will change as more people become aware of the Mobile Passport app.

I have both Global Entry and Mobile Passport, and my (admittedly limited) experience so far is that the Mobile Passport lines are shorter. That will change as more people become aware of the Mobile Passport app.

No line whatsoever at the GE area on our oasis Easter week debarkation.