HELP- Port Liberty to LGA

scubamommy!

Just booked our flights to LGA so we can do the tourist thing before our cruise and now I am trying to work out how we are to get back to LGA form Cape Liberty AFTER our cruise. Both Cape Liberty and LGA reps have been very unhelpful. All I can find is a car service for $189.00 for a family of 4! Does this sound right? Taxi's seem to be higher as well since they have to go through both states? When I mapquest it, it says 26 miles and takes about an hour. Can anyone recommend something more reasonable?

Edited by scubamommy!

Book a car service such as Carmel Limo http://www.carmellimo.com or Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com .

Fare for a mini van (you will need at least that size vehicle to take 4 people and their luggage) should be about $85 - $100 plus tolls and tip...for a total cost of about $120 to $140.

These are two of the largest car services in the NY City metropolitan area, and many cruisers use them.

Not sure what car service quoted $189, but that's too high.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, I actually changed our flight to fly out of Newark now instead. The flights were only $10 more and I could change for free within my time limit. The shuttle there should be a lot less and save us some time!

Good decision.

IMO Newark is the airport of choice for Cape Liberty if you're not going to Manhattan pre or post cruise.

Thanks, I actually changed our flight to fly out of Newark now instead. The flights were only $10 more and I could change for free within my time limit. The shuttle there should be a lot less and save us some time!

If you want to do the Manhattan thing before your cruise you can take the NJ Transit from Newark to Manhattan and be there within ~20-30 minutes. You'll get out at Penn Station (34th St) which is 1 stop on the 1, 2, or 3 train from Times Square. Or you can stick around Penn and do the Empire State Building and walk to Times Square.