LIVEish, 12 Days on Oasis (12/11 and 12/18)

chandom

First off a disclaimer and information slab of text.

I'm not much in the way of a writer/reviewer. My options are just that, mine. I try to stick with factual information and avoid confrontational topics. So don't expect to hear such items of discussion such as the estimated percentage of number of people wearing shorts in the MDR on Formal night or ratio of pepper grinders to tables.

I'll do my best to report back things like cost of the drink packages and if any discounts are being offered to Diamonds and above.

Like I did earlier this year, on Allure, I'll do my best to provide pictures upon request. Don't be upset if I'm unable to get something I'm comfortable with.

I really enjoy it when content get partly driven by the community.

Finally, I'm trying to enter the world of live video. So give me some time to figure out the best method. For personal reasons, I'm not going the route of Facebook Live.

Right now I'm looking at YouTube Live and Periscope.

Worst case, I'll record things and upload it to YouTube.

That is it for now. I'm currently on RedCoach heading from Tallahassee to Orlando.

On board background information.

Dec 11th sailing (7n): Port Canaveral, Nassau, Sea Day, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Sea Day, Sea Day.

Dec 18th sailing (5n): Port Canaveral, Sea Day, Labadee, Sea Day, Nassau.

Doing a B2B, changing rooms. In a Sky Class suite for both segments (GS then CLS).

Being in Sky Class, will have the Surf and Stream Voom package.

Pre purchased the Deluxe beverage package for both segements ($355.18 [Deluxe/$43 per day] and $277.30 [Premium/$47 per day] these are the out the door cost, with the 18% gratuity/service charge added). Will check once onboard if the Diamond and above discount is any better.

Pre purchased First Night Done Right for both segments.

Edited by chandom

Tech Toys

If anyone is wondering what tech toys I'm bringing along.

Cameras

Camera in my Galaxy 6 phone

Olympus TG-4 (Selling point for me was being able to capture RAW files)

Canon 7D mark ii, 10-22 and 24-105 lenses, and W-E1 wireless adapter (Had an EYE-FI X2 card, giving this a try).

Computer

Surface Pro 3, i7 with 8GB memory.

Other Tech Related Stuff

TP-LINK TL-WR810N (Used so I can connect all my wireless goodies to my laptop) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CVOLGOG/

GE Heavy Duty 3-Outlet Tap, 50281 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UE7SB4/

Anker PowerCore+ 10050mAh Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Aluminum Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K6T7AFM/

PureGear Extreme USB Wall Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QQPF48G/

Edited by chandom

Look forward to this thread. We are boarding Oasis when your return from your second leg, 12/23. I am interested in how much diamond members may get off the premium beverage package. We are not huge drinkers and would never make the pre-sail cost worth the money.

Thanks for the responses so far, looking forward to providing some real content!

Ran into my first minor tech hiccup. The charger and battery pack aren't agreeing with each other.

Normally I charge the pack with a different Anker branded charger. This PureGear one works fine with my phone, just causes the battery pack to charge real slow.

On a cruise related note: About 15 hours until I see her in Port Canaveral.

Sent from a mobile device

This is going to be probably the extent of my precruise travel post.

Took RedCoach from Tallahassee to Orlando. UberXL to the hotel out by the airport. Cost for this Uber run was just a hair under $11.

Why RedCoach? Just didn't feel like the drive to Port Canaveral. This is normally a five hour drive from Tallahassee when factoring a stop or two.

Plan for tomorrow is to take the free hotel shuttle to the airport. From the airpot Cortrans Shuttle to Port Canaveral.

But Michael, Cortrans will pick you from the hotel. Why the pickup from the airport?

Answer: The earliest pickup time from a hotel is between 10:00 am and 10:15 am. For the airport it is 9:30 am. Normally when staying in Port Canaveral area we tend to be at the port by 10:30.

Yeah, I'm one of those. I like to be one of the first to check-in and sit and relaxing in the terminal.

Now on a cruise related note.

Apparently the December 11th sailing was oversold. It was showing as soldout starting I think Tuesday. One member of our roll call got a call making an offer to sail on Harmony for no additional cost and a bunch of OBC thrown in.

Another member of the roll call had to cancel at the last minute, given a full refund. Yes, they did have insurance. But Royal refunded them so the room could be opened up.

For those that fear guarantee rooms. Someone didn't get a room assignment until late Friday.

I can now report I'm in the same county as Oasis

For those wondering about Cortrans.

Departure from the airport was around 9:30. Picked up from both A and B terminals.

Edited by chandom

Traffic for private vehicles drop off/parking is somewhat backing up.

Same thing for the commercial drop offs.

10:39 waiting in the commercial drop off area

10:52 still waiting

Driver claims this is due to not being ready for drop-offs.

Edited by chandom

Checking in, general boarding has already started.

Priority security screening is Pinnacle and Suites only.

Check in is Pinnacles and Diamond Plus in one line. Platinum, Emerald, and Diamonds

Edited by chandom

First cruise as Diamond Plus!

e5ad103b24aa5149dada33d042dcd330.jpg

Been a hidden secret, I took a cruise that someone didn't know about.

Just say, I have first hand experience of the Empress fiasco.

Also, the drink package is printed on the card, lower right corner.

Edited by chandom