Princess Luggage Tags - on flight too?

PacaCruiser

Last minute question, because they all come to you as you're doing things last minute.

The Princess Luggage Tags that you print provide your ship, etc. Any reason to put these on tags for the flight (on the off chance something happens) or just wait until you board your boat.

Last minute question, because they all come to you as you're doing things last minute.

The Princess Luggage Tags that you print provide your ship, etc. Any reason to put these on tags for the flight (on the off chance something happens) or just wait until you board your boat.

I wait until I get to the port to put on the tags. I do leave a copy of our itinerary on top our clothes inside the suitcase just in case our luggage gets lost and it needs to catch up to us at a distant port..

No after the flight.

These are my guidelines that I go by.

If taking Princess transfer directly from a flight, then YES, affix the tags to luggage when leaving home. It helps Princess gather the luggage to be transported to the ship.

Flying in and have independent transfer be ready to affix them after you retreive your luggage from the carousel.

If you are flying in and are visiting for a few days then NO, not necessarily do they need to be on be affixed before the flight.

If arriving at the port independently after a local stay or driving affix them before you are ready to depart for the port, so you won't have to be fussing around.

My opinion, YMMV

These are my guidelines that I go by.

If taking Princess transfer directly from a flight, then YES, affix the tags to luggage when leaving home. It helps Princess gather the luggage to be transported to the ship.

Flying in and have independent transfer be ready to affix them after you retreive your luggage from the carousel.

If you are flying in and are visiting for a few days then NO, not necessarily do they need to be on be affixed before the flight.

If arriving at the port independently after a local stay or driving affix them before you are ready to depart for the port, so you won't have to be fussing around.

My opinion, YMMV

Disregard the below question, I re-read your reply and understand you meant if we were going from the airport directly to the ship. Thanks again!!

Thank you everyone for the replies. We do have Princess transfer from airport to hotel, does this mean we don't have to retrieve our luggage upon arrival and take to the transfer? I figured we were still responsible for getting our own luggage.

Thanks again everyone, its our first cruise, so last minute freaking out is occuring a bit. :)

Disregard the below question, I re-read your reply and understand you meant if we were going from the airport directly to the ship. Thanks again!!

Thank you everyone for the replies. We do have Princess transfer from airport to hotel, does this mean we don't have to retrieve our luggage upon arrival and take to the transfer? I figured we were still responsible for getting our own luggage.

Thanks again everyone, its our first cruise, so last minute freaking out is occuring a bit. :)

Yes, you still need to retrieve your luggage. After you have your luggage look for the Princess rep (usually holding a clipboard). They will instruct you where to go.

You should always wait until you pick up your luggage to put the tags on. Why? Because otherwise, you are blatantly letting every person that comes in contact with that suitcase that you'll be gone on vacation and not at home. It only takes a minute to look up the sailing and see how long you'll potentially be gone. Great way to have your home robbed. It only takes a minute to pop the tags on if they're in the plastic holders (can be bought on this site BTW).

I have the plastic sleeves which makes it easy to attach to the luggage. I just wait until we arrive at destination airport or leave hotel before attaching the tags. Those tags can also accidentally be torn off during flying or somewhere behind the scenes at the airport.

We used to wait, now we put them on before leaving home. If the bags get lost enroute then maybe they will help getting the bags to the ship.

You should always wait until you pick up your luggage to put the tags on. Why? Because otherwise, you are blatantly letting every person that comes in contact with that suitcase that you'll be gone on vacation and not at home. It only takes a minute to look up the sailing and see how long you'll potentially be gone. Great way to have your home robbed. It only takes a minute to pop the tags on if they're in the plastic holders (can be bought on this site BTW).

When your bag is being handled don't they know you are on vacation and away from your home anyway?? :confused:

Can't they just read the name tags and your address and drive right to your home? :confused:

I put my business card in the luggage tag

It has everything you need to contact me, email, cell phone etc

No personal stuff like home address or phone number.

And if I do get separated and they send it to work, people will know who I am and know I am on holiday will hold it until the 'mystery man' gets back to work and explain things and get it sorted out.

If you are retired and have no business cards, perhaps a business address of someone else like son/daughter/uncle or a local business where you live that knows you .... I could go on .. just let them know before hand .................. just a suggestion :-)

We used to wait, now we put them on before leaving home. If the bags get lost enroute then maybe they will help getting the bags to the ship.
Absolutely.

We've posted on this before - we had a trip with multiple flight delays where we got to FLL airport late, and it was only because the Princess luggage tags were on our luggage that we were able to have our bags identified and delivered to the ship in time for sailing. We were given the choice of waiting for bags and missing the sailing, or making the sailing and having Princess bring the bags.

I wait until I get to the port to put on the tags. I do leave a copy of our itinerary on top our clothes inside the suitcase just in case our luggage gets lost and it needs to catch up to us at a distant port..

We also wait until the flight is over. I like your idea of the itinerary.

I also put a luggage tag on our carry-on, on the slim chance that I forget it somewhere on board while waiting for our cabin to be readied.

Bill

Yes, you still need to retrieve your luggage. After you have your luggage look for the Princess rep (usually holding a clipboard). They will instruct you where to go.

Maybe. Generally you have to collect your bags and wheel them over to the transfer folks. But I have also seen these folks pulling tagged baggage off the belts. Usually this is later in the day, so they are probably trying to help folks that were delayed.

I agree with Colo Cruiser: Your bags have a better chance of getting to your ship if the Princess tags are on when you leave home.

We (1) put our Princess luggage tags on before leaving home and have them wrapped in packing tape so they are both moisture proof and securely attached, (2) also have my business card as our normal baggage ID - no personal home info, and (3) include a copy of our itinerary inside each bag.

I put them on when we close up the luggage at home. Also put them on the hand carries and have two spares in the hand carries in case a check-in bag loses one. There is not much info on them for a thief to ascertain where we live and how long we are going to be gone, so no paranoia there, also, the thief would have no idea my close neighbors and kids are watching, locked and loaded.

Also, having them on the hand carries allows us to identify fellow cruisers going on the same voyage. Made a lot of friends that way. Since I found the plastic luggage tag holders, the ones with the little stainless steel cables for attaching them, we haven't lost one yet. Also, for the last decade or so we use those hard sided Samsonite Spinner suitcases, which stand up so well to abuse I can’t believe it.