"MANGO-TANGO" recipe

I just returned from the Serenade of the Seas cruise, where I had a frozen drink called a "Mango-Tango". It was DELICIOUS!! Does anyone know the recipe for this drink? I don't think I can wait until myt next cruise to have another;-)

Thanks for any/all replies.

Annie

Aren't they GOOD???? icon_biggrin.gif

We were working on this last week and somone found a recipe that might be like it, but not sure.

One thing I noticed was some said they had a kind of a swirled Mango Tango and ours were just all one peach-ey color.

What were yours? What kind of glass did they come in?

Mango Tango Smoothie

Miami Herald 6/23/94

1/2 cup mango -- peeled and diced

1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt

crushed ice

sprig of fresh mint for -- garnish

Place mango, yogurt and ice in a blender or food processor and whirl away. Pour into glass and garnish with a mint sprig if desired. You may want to add a little milk if the drink is too thick, or a little brown sugar for more depth of taste.

Source for Recipe

Walt Tuthill

Cruise Board Moderator

Contact at Shiptender@aol.com

My hubby was a barwaiter on Rhapsody and he said a Mango Tango is a combo of strawberry daquiri/pina colada/mango daquiri layered. I have ordered them without the pina colada cause I dont like coconut and I have ordered just the Mango part too.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Voyager of the Seas!

Voyager 10/04

Rhapsody 10/02 03/02 1/02 11/01

Elation 10/99

Grandeur 09/97

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nitra:

My hubby was a barwaiter on Rhapsody and he said a Mango Tango is a combo of strawberry daquiri/pina colada/mango daquiri layered. I have ordered them without the pina colada cause I dont like coconut and I have ordered just the Mango part too.

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Voyager of the Seas!

Voyager 10/04

Elation 10/99

Grandeur 09/97<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the Love Connection. The Mango Tango does not have the Strawberry Daquiri. Looking forward to one (either one but actually both) tomorrow.

Galaxy 6/03, Carnival Pride 7/02, Voyager of the Seas 7/01, Grandeur of the Seas 07/00, Enchantment of the Seas 06/99, Carnival Destiny 7/98, Grandeur of the Seas 7/97, Sensation 6/96, Imagination 8/95, Carnivale 7/90, Festivale 7/89, Seaward (Norweigan Sea) 7/88, Carnivale 9/86

<MARQUEE>Next up, the Mariner 6/04<MARQUEE>

The love connection doesnt have the mango on top at least from what I remember cause I dont like them because of the Pina colada and without it then you just have a strawberry daquiri. They are layered with the strawberry and pina colada.

The mango tango I had did have the strawberry cause my friends ordered it as is and I had it without the pina colada in it. You can get them at Ruby Tuesdays too and they are made with the strawberry and mango only layered and sometimes just swirled together, depending on the bartender.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Voyager of the Seas!

Voyager 10/04

Elation 10/99

Grandeur 09/97

From “Ocean Potions†– The Royal Caribbean Cocktail Recipe Book

Mango Cooler

Type of Glass:

Poco Grande

Alcoholic Content:

1 oz Dark Rum

¾ oz Triple Sec

Non-Alcoholic Content:

2 oz Mango Juice

1 oz Sweetened Lime Juice

Garnish:

Cherry & Orange Slice

Method of Making:

Blend with crushed ice

Seems there is some inconsistancy - I had several Love Connections last week on the Legend. It quickly became my fav. This version was Pina Colada, Strawberry Daquiri & Mango Tango... To die for if you like sweet slushy drinks.

Mango Tangos are my favorite foo - foo drink. :D

It is Pina Colada at the bottom and Mango Daquiri at the top.

Love Connection is Pina Colada, Strawberry and Mango Daquiri, at least on Royal Carribbean Ships. Theres a place called Island Drinks not sure at all on the name but they make the concentrate that Royal Caribbean uses for all there foo - foo drinks. They even sell the big machine. Unfortunately, their products are sold by the case. So, I wait until September for my next Mango Tango. :D

• 2 months later...

i also tried it & LOVED IT,,, :D for the first time on my RHAPSODY cruise 4 weeks ago..... my daughter had a virgin drink too and agreed,

i have to say i ONLY drink when i cruise because of all the fancy frou frou drinks,,,, :o ,,, and they are SOOO GOOD!!!! i tried a lime something on the CENTURY,, in May, that was also GREAT,, but i couldnt tell you the name if my life depended on it,,,,, :D

but as soon as i'm on the LEGEND in December i will be looking for that MANGO TANGO,,,,,,,,, :)

• 7 years later...
Mango Tangos are my favorite foo - foo drink. :D

It is Pina Colada at the bottom and Mango Daquiri at the top.

Love Connection is Pina Colada, Strawberry and Mango Daquiri, at least on Royal Carribbean Ships. Theres a place called Island Drinks not sure at all on the name but they make the concentrate that Royal Caribbean uses for all there foo - foo drinks. They even sell the big machine. Unfortunately, their products are sold by the case. So, I wait until September for my next Mango Tango. :D

I also looked into getting the Island Oasis concentrate but was disappointed that you have to buy it by the case. I'm looking forward to our Monarch cruise this weekend.

Archived