MSC Magnifica Drink Menu (Main)

SirBeavis

Hi,

A lot of people ask about the Drink Menus. I took a bunch of photos of the menus on the Magnifica in May 2017. Below is a dropbox link to the photos (easier than posting each one)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3zrmx1guazrcnor/AAAmuiSUnyYEBjMtZaW84Vgoa?dl=0

First time using dropbox, let me know if it doesn't work.

Cheers

Thank you, they worked for me.

We have just booked Magnifica for next April sailing out of Southampton. There does not seem to be much recent info on the ship on here. Did you enjoy it?

We've only done one MSC cruise before, Musica last year and it looks like the ship is quite similar. I believe one of the pools has a roof though which may be handy sailing out of the UK.

Is there only one speciality restaurant and did you happen to try it?

Thanks,

Julie

We were on Magnifica last year - it was one of the best cruises we've ever had. Absolutely loved the ship. She is in the same class as Musica so, yes, she's very similar.

MSC are planning to really Anglicise her when she sails from Southampton from what I've read - so more emphasis on English menus, etc.

I can't say about the pool with a roof - I'm not a pool person so never really notice these things.

We dined in the only speciality restaurant onboard - Oriental Plaza. If you like real Asian cuisine, you'll love it. It's a beautiful restaurant and we had fantastic service, but the food wasn't to our liking and we wouldn't go there if we had to pay. We had 2 complimentary evenings as we're both Black Card holders.

We were on Magnifica last year - it was one of the best cruises we've ever had. Absolutely loved the ship. She is in the same class as Musica so, yes, she's very similar.

MSC are planning to really Anglicise her when she sails from Southampton from what I've read - so more emphasis on English menus, etc.

I can't say about the pool with a roof - I'm not a pool person so never really notice these things.

We dined in the only speciality restaurant onboard - Oriental Plaza. If you like real Asian cuisine, you'll love it. It's a beautiful restaurant and we had fantastic service, but the food wasn't to our liking and we wouldn't go there if we had to pay. We had 2 complimentary evenings as we're both Black Card holders.

Thanks for the info.

We're really looking forward to another MSC cruise as we enjoyed it last time. We liked the food before so it will be interesting to see how they give it a British spin.

We did the status match last time (sorry to those who did it the hard way, I do feel guilty!), that was why I asked about the speciality restaurant. Is it Thai/ Malaysian/ Chinese style? When you say real Asian I'm guessing you mean nothing like the local Chinese takeaway:).

Julie

I checked back through some photos I have but only found this one. It's a bit blurred (camera phone!) and this site insists on turning the photo sideways. :rolleyes: This is how MSC describes it:

Oriental restaurant: the finest Asian cuisine from Japan, China and Thailand

Make a voyage of discovery through oriental cuisine!

Dishes include sashimi, nigiri, satay, dim sum and much more. Definitely not your average takeaway LOL.

Good for you on the status-match - enjoy! It'll be worth going to restaurant for the experience. If they offer a set "Black Card" menu and the listed items don't appeal, just let the server know. They changed it up a bit for us on the second night when we explained that we hadn't cared for what we had on the first night. And watch out for the wasabi - poor DH didn't know what it was and put the whole piece into his mouth! In all the years I've known him, I've never seen a funnier reaction! For those who don't know, it's that little, harmless-looking, green thing on the plate in the pic.

file

Edited by Beamafar

Thank you, they worked for me.

We have just booked Magnifica for next April sailing out of Southampton. There does not seem to be much recent info on the ship on here. Did you enjoy it?

We've only done one MSC cruise before, Musica last year and it looks like the ship is quite similar. I believe one of the pools has a roof though which may be handy sailing out of the UK.

Is there only one speciality restaurant and did you happen to try it?

Thanks,

Julie

Hi Julie, when in April are you going ? We are on the 23rd April sailing. We have been on Orchestra a couple of years ago and were surprised by how much we enjoyed it

Rosy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Julie, when in April are you going ? We are on the 23rd April sailing. We have been on Orchestra a couple of years ago and were surprised by how much we enjoyed it

Rosy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

we're going on 23rd too! I started a roll call a couple of days ago but no one else has joined yet.

It's nice to have some new choices out of Southampton and the prices are very reasonable.

Julie

I checked back through some photos I have but only found this one. It's a bit blurred (camera phone!) This is how MSC describes it:

Oriental restaurant: the finest Asian cuisine from Japan, China and Thailand

Make a voyage of discovery through oriental cuisine!

Dishes include sashimi, nigiri, satay, dim sum and much more. Definitely not your average takeaway LOL.

Good for you on the status-match - enjoy! It'll be worth going to restaurant for the experience. If they offer a set "Black Card" menu and the listed items don't appeal, just let the server know. They changed it up a bit for us on the second night when we explained that we hadn't cared for what we had on the first night. And watch out for the wasabi - poor DH didn't know what it was and put the whole piece into his mouth! In all the years I've known him, I've never seen a funnier reaction! For those who don't know, it's that little, harmless-looking, green thing on the plate in the pic.

5306ms.jpg

The photo is showing in preview, now!