Club Class -Who has done this with Princess Cruise Line. Tell your experience please

Ruth

Hello Cruise Critic's,

Club Class -Who has done this with Princess Cruise Line. Tell your experience please? Please tell the secrets of Club Class so we can truly experience this. We have booked Aqua Class on Celebrity for every Celebrity cruise is it similar to this on Celebrity. We are all about dining. The long dinners, wine etc. Please let us know your experience with Club Class on Princess.

Hello Cruise Critic's,

Club Class -Who has done this with Princess Cruise Line. Tell your experience please? Please tell the secrets of Club Class so we can truly experience this. We have booked Aqua Class on Celebrity for every Celebrity cruise is it similar to this on Celebrity. We are all about dining. The long dinners, wine etc. Please let us know your experience with Club Class on Princess.

We "did" club class a couple of weeks ago on the Crown. Still had the same noise problems as there is no physical barrier from passengers in the main part of the dining room, I suppose due to fire regulations on fire exiting. There was a little table side presentation but nothing to speak of, so worth the extra $ I think not. Our table staff were sadly lacking on how to decant and serve top priced reds:(

We enjoyed Club Class dining aboard Princess. No waiting for a table. Lots of tables for two which is what we prefer unless sailing with friends. The food was good and the service was excellent. We were on the Regal Princess and the Club Class dining area was the port side of the deck 6 main dining room.

We plan to use the Club Class dining area on all casual dress evenings on all future cruises. On formal nights we dine in the specialty restaurants.

We loved it - we were in a Suite and honestly forgotten about having the perk until right before we sailed (I must have been day dreaming about other things!) - but we used most nights on our 15 day Hawaii cruise on Grand Princess except one night we dined with non-Club Class friends in the main dining room, 2 nights in Crown Grill and one in Sabatini's. Didn't have the special meal every night, but did most nights - sometimes what was on the regular menu was more enticing. If you don't see something on the menu, you can always ask - we wanted surf and turf one night when they had seafood, Giovanni (I think was his name - the head waiter) found us filet in the kitchen for a table of 4. Beautiful steaks - that was a great meal. Even enjoyed it the last morning having breakfast cornered off from the rest of the dining room that was just a waiting area - got in one last omelette, etc. Loved it all around. Would I pay for the mini suites to get it? Maybe not but we liked it and usually sail in suites so it was like a bonus perk to us.

Just did Club Class on Pacific Princess. We really liked it and will most likely only book Club Class in future. Every night (and most lunches) we had something added to the menu. It could be an entree, salad, desert, or appetizer. Most times it was made in Club Class section, but a few times made in kitchen. We really enjoyed watching them prepare the extra items, you could smell it before it arrived which added to the experience. We selected the additional menu item many times and they were very good.

Each ship is different but the wait staff on Pacific was the best we have ever experienced. They really took a lot of pride in their job, really wanted to please and seem to really care about the ship (many return year after year on and by request). Hope you have as wonderful experience as we did with Club Class.

We had CC in April on the Caribbean Princess. We enjoyed it very much. I have not been on celebrity and this was our first Princess cruise. We thought the food and the service were excellent. We loved the anytime aspect and no waiting. Loved Nelson, the head waiter. What a sincere and most lovely man! We hope we see him again one day. We were in a suite and also had the Sabatinis breakfast. Loved all of the food we had!

We "did" club class a couple of weeks ago on the Crown.

Our table staff were sadly lacking on how to decant and serve top priced reds:(

While I don't doubt your experience with the wine, I am surprised. One of the things that has always impressed me is the apparent training of waitstaff on Princess. I'm a red wine enthusiast, ordering a bottle with dinner. Princess waitstaff have always made the opening and serving of the bottle a smooth and precise presentation, down to the detail of ensuring that the wine label faces you as they open the bottle.

Land side, I've been in nice restaurants and experience staff that prop the bottle on the table, hold it between their legs, etc. as they open it, considering that appropriate. Never on Princess.

As for Club Class, I can share comments from three couples sitting at the table next to me in Sabatini's on Grand Princess May 2017: they will ONLY sail Club Class.