JVD through NCL or on your own

dna529

Definitely worth it. We went while on a Celebrity cruise, but I am sure it is the same excursion people. They drop you off right at the beach. I would research other options but I think those are a ferry to JVD and then a cab over to white beach. Have to adhere to ferry schedules. Now if you could find a private charter for the day for $500 I would do that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Rebel Yell excursion through the ship is indeed the best option for Jost for day visitors, it will sell out quickly. You'll find many people here who waited too long and are looking for an alternative.

There are independent cat operators who include Jost on their itinerary but you are there only a short time as compared to the Rebel Yell. But if interested these are Kuralu, Aristocat Charters, and Patouche. Joe at Patouche may also have a powerboat option to Jost and it's worth checking on.

The other option would be a taxi to Soper's Hole, ferry to Great Harbor, and walk or taxi over the hill to White Bay. Cost is about $60pp round trip and takes from 2 - 3 hrs.

If price is not an issue there are private charters like Mitch - I can't remember his pricing but you can email him. That gives you the opportunity of going to other spots on Jost, as well as Little Jost and Sandy Spit...

http://www.oceanmagicmitch.com/

I booked with ocean magic Mitch for our cruise next year. It is $700 for 7 people plus $100 fuel charge plus tip. Add $100 for each extra person up to ten. We are booked for 9 am until about 5 pm. It comes out to about the same price as the ship pp but you get more time and get to go whereyouwant. I hope this works out. We have 4 people so far but I know more people will want to join from our roll call.