Bringing alcohol/sodas on board.

tran93le

So I’ve researched & watched a YouTube family that always brings a 12 pack of soda with them on board as a carry on. Is this actually true? & with bringing that 1 bottle of alcohol on.....is that strictly for champagne & wine? Can I bring like a bottle of pre made margarita, something that’s not wine or champagne? Also, what is the size limit for the bottle?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One 12 pack soda per person per port. 1 normal size bottle wine per adult at embarkation. Alcohol is easy to smuggle, just not allowed at all during embark. At ports alcohol is supposed to be handed in just after security. Also easy to get past... At $80 a bottle on the ship and $10 on land you can't blame anyone for trying. Happy cruising.

Yes on Carnival every passenger is entitled to carry-on up to 12 sealed cans, cartons, or pouches of any non-alcoholic beverage maxing out at 12 oz per container. Every passenger can replenish these at each port, but no glass or plastic bottles allowed.

Each passenger 21 yrs and older are permitted 1 750ml bottle of wine or champagne at initial embarkation only. The the bottle must be carry-on with the vintner's seal and label evident. No other alcohol is allowed.

Yes on Carnival every passenger is entitled to carry-on up to 12 sealed cans, cartons, or pouches of any non-alcoholic beverage maxing out at 12 oz per container. Every passenger can replenish these at each port, but no glass or plastic bottles allowed.

Each passenger 21 yrs and older are permitted 1 750ml bottle of wine or champagne at initial embarkation only. The the bottle must be carry-on with the vintner's seal and label evident. No other alcohol is allowed.

Thank you! This helped clearing some things out

We have always dragged soda, energy drinks and 2 bottles of wine. It's kind of a pain. And we never drink it all. Too busy enjoying the ship to schlep to the cabin. We still wind up spending 500 on alcohol on a 7 day cruise.

We decided to buy cheers this time instead as it includes soda, specialty coffees and energy drinks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
So I’ve researched & watched a YouTube family that always brings a 12 pack of soda with them on board as a carry on. Is this actually true? & with bringing that 1 bottle of alcohol on.....is that strictly for champagne & wine? Can I bring like a bottle of pre made margarita, something that’s not wine or champagne? Also, what is the size limit for the bottle?

Royal Caribbean allows one 750ml bottle of wine per person, per cabin. They do not allow sodas.

Royal Caribbean allows one 750ml bottle of wine per person, per cabin. They do not allow sodas.

This is a Carnival thread, so they are okay posting that here. Carnival does allow 1 12 pack of sodas per person and 1 bottle of wine per adult.