Cunard gave in 100% refund!?

Germancruiser

Hi all,

I could not believe my eyes, when I saw it on the cunard board. Cunard gave a 100% refund for this cruise all the world talked about.

In my opinion 50 % were okay, but a full refund??? Of course it won´t make Mikky Arrison a poor guy- but....!!!

Some of those passengers sounded like they were on a slave bark and had to row the ship themselfes.

A german paper reported some pax told they felt like prisoners and got a depresion. Oh man, if they get a depression on board such a ship, they really have problems and should see the doctor.

What do you think??

Greetings

Michael

Hi all,

I could not believe my eyes, when I saw it on the cunard board. Cunard gave a 100% refund for this cruise all the world talked about.

In my opinion 50 % were okay, but a full refund??? Of course it won´t make Mikky Arrison a poor guy- but....!!!

Some of those passengers sounded like they were on a slave bark and had to row the ship themselfes.

A german paper reported some pax told they felt like prisoners and got a depresion. Oh man, if they get a depression on board such a ship, they really have problems and should see the doctor.

What do you think??

Greetings

Michael

I feel it was ludicrous for Cunard to give them 100 percent refunds, but I think they had considered more than the problems with this particular cruise when they made that decision. QE II was hyped to be a superior cruise experience before it was built, and has since been plagued by negative feedback about its cuisine, service, etc. I think this was done for PR purposes to compensate for all of the problems this ship has had since it went into service.

Good luck to those passengers that got a 100% refund. I think that Cunard were very generous and Carnival obviously thought hard about the PR and goodwill it owed too. My concern is that they sent a mixed message. 50% refund to start with and then after some passengers staged a protest and threatened not to get off the ship they said you can have all your money back. I wonder how many threatened mutinies we will see in future, orchestrated by the something for nothing brigade?

Phil

May be in the future any cruise expecting to have problems will be cancellend once you are in the ship and the invited to get off with a 100% refund, but you find in a port without anything to do in the following days, or accept a "new cruise" with new conditions. Or, increase the prices for covering new insurance expenses.

This is just wrong. It is going to have a negative impact on the rest of the industry. I hope not, but it probably will raise the prices for everyone because of problems like this.

I wonder why the airlines don't do this? Oh right probably because it would be considered a terrorist threat to make such threats on an airplane for being late getting to a destination.

I was in Alaska on the Celebrity which ended up with a hole in it from an iceberg and we had to stay in Seward for 2 extra days which meant we loss out on 2 ports. We were given a 50% off coupon for next cruise plus $ 500 per cabin. We then booked a cruise to Hawaii a year later and it was cancelled completely 4 days prior to the cruise -- were given a free cruise any where in the workl. We are now booked for a summer cruise from Rome to Istanbul.

Danklcsw:)

The biggest bogus "credit" is for a percentage credit off of something in the future. Usually it's a percentage off of brochure fare, so that 50% off works out to something far less than 50% of what you can actually book for.

Do you think that Celebrity will settle with Rolls Royce in the pod suit for 50% off all future pod purchases for their new ships? I think not.

Cunard weighed the issues and did what was best for them not the passengers.

Regards

Archived