2008 Europe SHIPS, ITINERARIES & DATES

Ella2

Since some folks are still having trouble getting full info on the RCCL website, here is the information regarding the 2008 Europe deployments. All of these SHOULD be open for booking today (computer systems willing).

Voyager of the Seas

7-Night Mediterranean

May 24- November 22, 2008

Barcelona, Nice, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Naples/Capri, Sicily, Barcelona

Navigator of the Seas

5-Night Short Western Mediterranean

April 26; May 10, 24; June 7, 21, 2008

Barcelona, Provence, Sardinia, Sicily, Barcelona

4-Night Short Western Mediterranean

May 1, 15; June 12, 26, 2008

Barcelona, Sicily, Ibiza (overnight), Barcelona

7-Night Eastern Mediterranean

July 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 2008

Rome, Sicily, Athens, Ephesus, Heraklion, Rome

12-Night Eastern Mediterranean

September 7, 2008

Rome, Sicily, Athens, Ephesus, Istanbul (overnight), Thessalonika, Valletta, Sardinia, Barcelona

10-Night Greece & Turkey

September 19; October 10, 31, 2008

Barcelona, Sicily, Thessalonika, Istanbul (overnight), Valletta, Barcelona

11-Night Eastern Mediterranean

September 29, October 20, 2008

Barcelona, Palma De Mallorca, Sardinia, Athens, Istanbul, Valletta, Barcelona

Jewel of the Seas

12-Night Scandinavia & Russia

May 23; June 4; August 27, 2008

Harwich, Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg (overnight), Tallinn, Harwich

13-Night Scandinavia & Russia

June 27, 2008

Harwich, Klaipeda, Tallinn, St. Petersburg (overnight), Helsinki, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Harwich

11-Night British Isles/Norwegian Fjords

June 16, 2008

Harwich, Paris/Normandy, Cormwall, Cork, Dublin, Glasgow, Flam, Alesund, Bergen, Harwich

12-Night Scandinavia & Russia

July 10, 22; August 3, 15, 2008

Harwich, Tallinn, St. Petersburg (overnight), Helsinki, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Harwich

To be continued, I don't want to go over the character limit in one post...

Independence of the Seas

4-Night Short Break

May 17; August 23, 2008

Southampton, Cork, St. Peter Port, Southampton

10-Night Canary Islands

May 21, 2008

Southampton, Madeira, Tenerife, Las Palmas, Lanzarote, Vigo, Southampton

14-Night Mediterranean Treasures

May 31; June 28: July 26; September 20, 2008

Southampton, Gibraltar, Barcelona (overnight), Nice, Florence/Pisa, Sardinia, Malaga, Lisbon, Vigo, Southampton

14-Night Mediterranean

June 14; July 12; August 9: September 6, 2008

Southampton, Gibraltar, Cannes/Monte Carlo, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Sardinia, Seville, LIsbon, Vigo, Southampton

10-Night Mediterranean

August 27, 2008

Southampton, Gibraltar, Barcelona (overnight), Lisbon, Vigo, Southampton

11-Night Canary Islands

October 4, 15, 26, 2008

Southampton, Madeira, Tenerife, Las Palmas, Lanzarote, Lisbon, Vigo, Southampton

Legend of the Seas

13-Night Italy & Croatia

April 13; May 8: June 2, 27; July 22; August 16; September 10; October 5, 30: November 24, 2008

Rome, Portofino, Florence/Pisa (overnight), Sicily, Split, Venice (overnight), Dubrovnik, Naples/Capri, Rome

12-Night Greece & Eastern Mediterranean

April 26; May 21; June 15; July 10; August 4, 29; September 23; October 18; November 12, 2008

Rome, Mykonos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Limassol, Alexandria, Athens, Naples/Capri, Rome

Brilliance of the Seas

10-Night Best of Europe

May 19, 2008

Southampton, Parise/Normandy, Vigo, Lisbon, Tangier, Ajaccio, Nice, Barcelona

12-Night Mediterranean Venice

May 29; June 22; August 9; September 2, 26; October 20; November 13, 2008

Barcelona, Cannes/Monte Carlo, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Naples/Capri, Venice, Split, Tunis, Barcelona

July 16, 2008

Barcelona, Florence/Pisa, Naples/Capri, Venice, Dubrovnik, Rome, Nice, Barcelona

12-Night Mediterranean Greek Isles

June 10; July 4, 28, 2008

Barcelona, Nice, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Mykonos, Ephesus, Santorini, Athens, Naples/Capri, Barcelona

August 21; September 14; October 8, 2008

Barcelona, Nice, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Mykonos, Ephesus, Athens, Santorini, Naples/Capri

November 1, 2008

Barcelona, Naples/Capri, Athens, Ephesus, Santorini, Rome, Florence/Pisa, Nice, Barcelona

That's IT! :D Please pardon any typos, just wanted to get this out to everyone who is interested.

May do this one:

12-Night Greece & Eastern Mediterranean

April 26; May 21; June 15; July 10; August 4, 29; September 23; October 18; November 12, 2008

Rome, Mykonos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Limassol, Alexandria, Athens, Naples/Capri, Rome

What is the deposit that is required? I tried to book a similar one with Carnival, and it was $500 PP (seemed high).

Shoreless, it is available for booking, I can see it with no problem on the TA booking engine.

Did you want some pricing for a specific category? I just need the number of people and category you're interested in, will be happy to post pricing for you.

Shoreless, it is available for booking, I can see it with no problem on the TA booking engine.

Did you want some pricing for a specific category? I just need the number of people and category you're interested in, will be happy to post pricing for you.

Thanks. There are two of us, and we'd want either a balcony or a JS. I haven't been on any RCCL ships, so am not familiar with the layouts. In looking at the deck plans, it appears to have a "hump" on one side? Would cabin 9584 be considered a good choice?

We booked 2 JS on June 14th Med cruise on Independence OTS. The RCCL rep said bookings have been amazing. Most prime cabins for this voyage are already booked in less than 6 hours.

Prices are high, but we are celebrating a double graduation, and our kids wanted to do this ship.

Shoreless, on this cruise there is a HUGE pricing difference between the JS and the least expensive balcony cabin, an E3. The JS for two, including taxes and fees but not including air, insurance or transfers is $9699.24. The E3, same stipulations, is $5899.24.

A JS is NOT worth THAT much more, IMHO...go with the least expensive balcony cabin you'll be happy with. The "hump" cabins are nice, those are the ones that are on the part of the hull that juts out from the sides of the ship, so you feel like you are right over the water. BUT, they really are pretty much the same as other comparable category balcony cabins in terms of size.

Hope that helps!

Shoreless, on this cruise there is a HUGE pricing difference between the JS and the least expensive balcony cabin, an E3. The JS for two, including taxes and fees but not including air, insurance or transfers is $9699.24. The E3, same stipulations, is $5899.24.

A JS is NOT worth THAT much more, IMHO...go with the least expensive balcony cabin you'll be happy with. The "hump" cabins are nice, those are the ones that are on the part of the hull that juts out from the sides of the ship, so you feel like you are right over the water. BUT, they really are pretty much the same as other comparable category balcony cabins in terms of size.

Hope that helps!

You're right. That's a big difference. It will be a balcony, if anything. Even the balcony is pretty expensive, and I shouldn't think it will go down because they're only doing that itinerary once. Thanks very much for looking it up for me.:)

I am so grateful you posted the European future cruise information. My husband and I could not find the 11-day British Isles/Fjords cruise on the RCCL web site, but were able to book it anyway last evening thanks to your helpful posting. We wanted the same aft JS we had last year for the Scandinavian/St. Petersburg cruise. The aft views are absolutely awesome on a cruise like this one. Again, thanks so much!:D

Glad you were able to book, Realtor at Sea! :)

And shoreless, you're welcome. I agree, the price probably won't go down, but the beauty of RCCL is that if it DOES, you can have the price reduced (unless it is a restricted special). The sooner you book the better. :)

Glad you were able to book, Realtor at Sea! :)

And shoreless, you're welcome. I agree, the price probably won't go down, but the beauty of RCCL is that if it DOES, you can have the price reduced (unless it is a restricted special). The sooner you book the better. :)

We just booked it, and got the hump cabin we wanted. Thanks so much for posting this.:)

OPSoccermom:

We are also thinking of booking that cruise (June 14th - Independence). It's between that one and the Brilliance May 29th doing Med also but we're leaning more towards the one on the 14th.

Looks like we may be on that sailing too.:)

Ella2: Thanks for the schedule. We have been looking for it for the last few months.

We just booked the 12 day-Greece and Eastern Meditteranean on Sept.23,2008 on the Legend. Good thing we did. This was the cruise we wanted and would have missed it,if not for your help. The RCI rep. said the balcony cabins were going fast. Our deposit was $900 for the 2 of us. We were going to book on upcoming cruise on the Mariner on April 15, but did dare to wait.

Now we have research and planning to do as we have never been to Europe which part of the fun

Cruising the Med. is soo expensive :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I'm going to have to change my plans and try backpacking or doing a tour on land instead. I could do so much more and for so much longer!

Sad though, I do love to cruise ;)

I'm interested in this one, but it isn't showing up yet.

We did this cruise a few yrs ago on the Splendor. I think it will be great on the Jewel.

This is our favorite cruise of all time.

Norway was incredible,as was Ireland. Loved when they had the locals come aboard and dance for us in their custom dress.

Lucky you!!

Ella2: Thanks for the schedule. We have been looking for it for the last few months.

We just booked the 12 day-Greece and Eastern Meditteranean on Sept.23,2008 on the Legend. Good thing we did. This was the cruise we wanted and would have missed it,if not for your help. The RCI rep. said the balcony cabins were going fast. Our deposit was $900 for the 2 of us. We were going to book on upcoming cruise on the Mariner on April 15, but did dare to wait.

Now we have research and planning to do as we have never been to Europe which part of the fun

We booked that cruise as well....June 15. The rep said the itinerary and especially balcony cabins were selling like hotcakes and I wanted an adjoining cabin for DD. I was a little surprised at the large deposit - but I guess take it or leave it.

We are thrilled with the itinerary.

I can't thank the poster enough for getting this information out.

Archived