New wine limits?

mom2NnB

Copied this directly from the Carnival website:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

I don't remember seeing the one bottle rule before. Is this a new update on the site?

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

I don't remember seeing the one bottle rule before. Is this a new update on the site?

This has been around for a little while and last month we took 7 bottles onto the Pride, no questions asked.

This has been around for a little while and last month we took 7 bottles onto the Pride, no questions asked.

Did you take them on with your carryon and were you charged the $10 corkage fee or were they for your cabin? Curious how strict they are about the corkage fee...a friend of mine was not charged.

Yes, this was just added today,...notice that now you arent allowed to bring soda onboard. Guess Carnival is getting tough, now we will have soda smugglers.:p

Here is the link

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Yesterday it said this

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of nonalcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage

Yes, this was just added today,...notice that now you arent allowed to bring soda onboard. Guess Carnival is getting tough, now we will have soda smugglers.:p

Here is the link

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

LMAO. I can't wait to hear some of the booze smuggling critics reaction to this one.

Wonder how this will affect those that already have their tickets and contract. Theirs still has the outdated version allowing sodas and "reasonable" amounts of wine.

LMAO. I can't wait to hear some of the booze smuggling critics reaction to this one.

Wonder how this will affect those that already have their tickets and contract. Theirs still has the outdated version allowing sodas and "reasonable" amounts of wine.

If they are truly enforcing this, I dont think it matters when your ticket was issued. Maybe Carnival got tired of reading all the smuggling threads :p

just to bring my CAFFINE FREE DIET Pepsi. :) For health reasons I try to avoid Caffine and Sugar as much as possible. Water is fine during the day, but when I'm having food I like a glass of diet soda and as I sure they don't have diet 7-up/Sprite/whatever coke's soda is, I'll be stuck with diet coke.

HATE Coke products - too gassy - makes me burpy.:D

Seriously, hope they give up on the non-alcoholic drinks being off limits thing by November.

In my documents for my April cruise it says the amount is at the "discretion of security"....hmmm wonder what that means now. What if you "fine" wine comes in a box????? (actually thinking box because it would be easier to travel with and unable to break on the plane etc) Interested to hear what late March/early April travelers find. Let us know

I wonder if this is a reaction to the "jumper"?

If they are truly enforcing this, I dont think it matters when your ticket was issued. Maybe Carnival got tired of reading all the smuggling threads :p

Well, seeing how they are quite good at using the contract to get out of things, I would think one could use it to their advantage in this case. You paid your fare and agreed to the contract in force at that time.

Doesn't matter to me. I will smuggle on the booze & mixers either way. Was just thinking out loud.

In my documents for my April cruise it says the amount is at the "discretion of security"....hmmm wonder what that means now. What if you "fine" wine comes in a box????? (actually thinking box because it would be easier to travel with and unable to break on the plane etc) Interested to hear what late March/early April travelers find. Let us know

I wonder if this is a reaction to the "jumper"?

This is from the ticket Contract, which Im sure will be changed shortly :)

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

e). Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the Supper Club. Prohibited alcoholic beverages confiscated in embarkation day will be discarded without compensation. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

(f). Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. Excessive quantities, as determined by Carnival, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Well, seeing how they are quite good at using the contract to get out of things, I would think one could use it to their advantage in this case. You paid your fare and agreed to the contract in force at that time.

Doesn't matter to me. I will smuggle on the booze & mixers either way. Was just thinking out loud.

Yeah, I would hate to be there when they tell someone that brought on a couple of $60 bottles of wine they it will be taken and discarded. The security staff will be drinking some "fine" wine in weeks to come. This should be very very interesting..:D

I guess too many people were abusing the policy..taking on 48 count cases of water, rolling coolers full of soda and 10 bottles of wine. Yet, maintaining it was a reasonable amount. Carnival got tired of playing that game.

I carried on small cans of diet coke on my Spirit cruise this summer; I will really be disappointed if they enforce this new rule! That means I will have to buy a soda card, and get my soda by the glass when I can find a bar open! I like being able to grab one out of my fridge in the middle of the night. I hope people sailing this weekend will come back and post on how this is enforced!

Last year security did not want to allow me to take 3 bottles of wine. They told me it is only 1 bottle per person and of course I argued that it is not written anywhere that you can only have 1. She offered me to put in checked luggage which was outside and around the corner and who knows where??? I asked for a supervisor and NICELY stated that we were going for 7 nites and I was told by my Carnival agent that 3 would be ok. I was allowed to take them, finally. It's really not worth the hassle. This time I will order a bottle in the DR. I will probably pack a 6 pack of coke for DH and his smuggled crown;) in the checked suitcase of course. Guess they are just trying to get more of the revenue. My thing is, we still spend a ton of $$$$ Give me a break.

The soda rule is not good!!! Especially if you're bringing something not available on the ship. DH will only drink Diet Mountain Dew which was nowhere to be had onboard or in port on our last cruise.

He will make me cancel if he can't bring it with him this time. (I'm not kidding - he won't go without it!!!:( )

Archived