New wine limits?

mom2NnB

well, the connection might be: if you can bring on Coke and getaway with rum in mouthwash.... I am sure CC has read all about how people take one coke bottle in the sixpack and refill it with what they want...aka Rum....
it has been posted on here several times: buy a six pack of coke...untwist one or two of the bottles, refill them...put them back into the plastic carrier...and there you go.....

....or you could be like my brother and drink so much wine that you get drunk....
I have seen many of fights betweens couples just from drinking their wine in their cabins....
wine can make you drunk

Yet they still allow mouthwash :p LOL Never understood how so many people did that... yuk, gotta still taste minty.

There have been years that had more "jumpers" and suicides than this last one, and no policy change. I think people are reading too much into it. The bottom line is revenue... they are a business, if each person just brought on a 6 pack, that's a $1.2 MILLION dollar loss for each ship per year... This policy has changed before, and it will likely change 10 more times in our lifetime.

[quote name='GoinCruisin']This has nothing to do with alcohol... that policy has always been there. Maybe he bought along too much wine :confused: But the policy up until recently WAS one bottle... [/quote]

I wouldn't be too sure about that....
It's not only the 1 bottle only now, it's the checking of the checked luggage (fantasy) and non alcoholic beverages. Could be because many sneak alcohol in the other containers .....
They could have tied this jumper and the others to smuggeld alcohol....
At this time [I]no one [/I]knows for sure......

[quote name='KelliKevin']well, the connection might be: if you can bring on Coke and getaway with rum in mouthwash.... I am sure CC has read all about how people take one coke bottle in the sixpack and refill it with what they want...aka Rum....
it has been posted on here several times: buy a six pack of coke...untwist one or two of the bottles, refill them...put them back into the plastic carrier...and there you go.....

....or you could be like my brother and drink so much wine that you get drunk....
I have seen many of fights betweens couples just from drinking their wine in their cabins....
wine can make you drunk[/quote]

So you think they are going to start limiting the amount of wine you can purchase on the ship??? I think you are really reaching with this one.

Did they limit mouthwash? If you want you can still put you booze in a mouthwash bottle then get some green food coloring.:D

I wouldn't be too sure about that....

It's not only the 1 bottle only now, it's the checking of the checked luggage (fantasy) and non alcoholic beverages. Could be because many sneak alcohol in the other containers .....

They could have tied this jumper and the others to smuggeld alcohol....

At this time no one knows for sure......

They haven't JUST started checking checked luggage... that's nothing new. They haven't really cared what's in checked luggage and maybe they will now. I would be willing to bet it has nothing to do with the few issues lately... or they would have made the change during "jumper year" a few years back.

I think you are not understanding me. I am just saying that given all the expenses Carnival could have encountered from some of these situations, I can see why they may start enforcing some rules.

My relatives, yes, unfortunetly....brought their own wine. They drank in their cabin..they got stupidly drunk.....

I really feel if they were paying for it...they wouldn't have drank so much, so quick, etc.

Plus maybe Carnival would have actually stopped serving them. I have heard that they do that every once in awhile.

I think it is proven that you have alot of "free" stuff, you probably drink more.

I think you are not understanding me. I am just saying that given all the expenses Carnival could have encountered from some of these situations, I can see why they may start enforcing some rules.

My relatives, yes, unfortunetly....brought their own wine. They drank in their cabin..they got stupidly drunk.....

I really feel if they were paying for it...they wouldn't have drank so much, so quick, etc.

Plus maybe Carnival would have actually stopped serving them. I have heard that they do that every once in awhile.

I think it is proven that you have alot of "free" stuff, you probably drink more.

Not necessarily... I have brought my own and drank just as much (which is alot)... it takes alot for Carnival to cut you off. I watched someone fall off a barstool, they didn't cut her off until she fell off twice :rolleyes: Most people that smuggled their alcohol werent schlepping back and forth to make drinks... if they were like I was, they had it there for cabin purposes... having a drink on the balcony, entertaining friends, having a drink while getting ready, having a drink in the morning :D :p When people bring on alcohol, it's not free... they more than likely paid for it. But I know ALOT of people that have smuggled alcohol and they drank no more, no less.

But when Carnival sees they can potentially get another $20 Million a year by changing the policy... that I can buy.

Sorry about your relatives getting drunk. We took 8 bottles of wine with us on the Miracle last month and never got drunk. It's a pain having to go to a bar when you are ready for a glass of wine or two before you go to bed. It's not free either:rolleyes: . We paid for the wine before we left for the cruise.

They haven't JUST started checking checked luggage... that's nothing new. They haven't really cared what's in checked luggage and maybe they will now. I would be willing to bet it has nothing to do with the few issues lately... or they would have made the change during "jumper year" a few years back.

Yes I know they have always checked all the luggage....that's is nothing new. What is new is they are confiscating the alchohol in the checked luggage.

And what is the jumper year you are referring to? According to the statistics I have read 2006 was their biggest year (carnival) with 5 not counting this more recent one just a couple months into 2007........

Yes I know they have always checked all the luggage....that's is nothing new. What is new is they are confiscating the alchohol in the checked luggage.

And what is the jumper year you are referring to? According to the statistics I have read 2006 was their biggest year (carnival) with 5 not counting this more recent one just a couple months into 2007........

2005 had 13 missing at sea, or suicides... 5 on Carnival. It was the most in that had been seen, It was being called the year of the jumper because there were so many, I wasn't comparing numbers.. that's what it was referred to many times around here.

What happens if we are just taking the liquor on board for a trip? It's tired from sitting at the liquor store. We are not consuming it. The post said no excess taken on board for consumption. It's an arguable point.

Lnda

2005 had 13 missing at sea, or suicides... 5 on Carnival. It was the most in that had been seen, It was being called the year of the jumper because there were so many, I wasn't comparing numbers.. that's what it was referred to many times around here.

I believe that was 2006.........

Anyways too many......

What happens if we are just taking the liquor on board for a trip? It's tired from sitting at the liquor store. We are not consuming it. The post said no excess taken on board for consumption. It's an arguable point.

Lnda

LOL, actually it doesn't say anything about excess :p

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard

I believe that was 2006.........

Anyways too many......

No, there were 13 in 2005 as well :rolleyes: and 5 from Carnival (remember, 2 went over at the same time.... one incident, 2 people)

Not sure what your argument is... I mentioned what was referred to in 2005!!! Really hard to have said what was going to happen in the future... the same amount of people went overboard in both years!! The change didn't happen after 2005, that's all I was saying... geez!!! So now you want to argue over how many went overboard??? I guess maybe it's not as shocking in 2006, since it had also happened in 2005... geez.

We have enough people to argue with in this big ol' world... let's not get catty or short with our fellow "relaxed and lovin' life" cruise critics friends:)

If you want to respond to me in a grouchy way... just take a deep breath and hold..... ;)

I doubt this would be true. I see it all the time where a group of 2 to 4 people walk up to one of the bars on the ship and order 3 or 4 or 5 shooter drinks in a row... and down they shoot. All like in a 15 minute duration.

And I remember a couple days where I drank more than I should of. Paying for it vs. free doesn't really matter.

No, there were 13 in 2005 as well :rolleyes: and 5 from Carnival (remember, 2 went over at the same time.... one incident, 2 people)

Not sure what your argument is... I mentioned what was referred to in 2005!!! Really hard to have said what was going to happen in the future... the same amount of people went overboard in both years!! The change didn't happen after 2005, that's all I was saying... geez!!! So now you want to argue over how many went overboard??? I guess maybe it's not as shocking in 2006, since it had also happened in 2005... geez.

Ya know whenever someone doesn't agree with you, you have a defense thing that someone want's to argue with you. I in no way am argueing with you......

You posted that if it had anything to do with drinking that they would have changed the policy back a couple years ago which you referred to "jumper year"

According to statistics last year (2006) more people went overboard (22 as a matter of fact and 5 with carnival) plus 1 this year...

So I am thinking that maybe that is why they changed their policy.

We won't know for sure unless Carnival states otherwise.....

I brought 3 bottles of wine and shared them with table mates last time, smuggeled 2 bottles of harder stuff, never opened one ( gave it to steward ) , and only made a couple of drinks out of the other one.

Next cruise I am just bringing one small bottle.

It is the soft drinks that bothers me here, we brought 4, 6 packs of half cans in one of our suitcases.... and we really enjoyed having those.

LMAO they don't day the size of bottle..LMAO just fill a gallon jug and off you go. They say 1 bottle well 1 gallon bottle should be allowed..:0

I will be going next month and I am bringing a 2- 24 pack of water. I only drink Zephyrhills water, and according to my Dr I have to drink 6 bottles of water @ day..lol I guess I will need a Dr's note.

Well if Carnivals going to start enforcing rules then they better be consistent with it...REGARDING the holding of sun chairs by the pool area

Ya know whenever someone doesn't agree with you, you have a defense thing that someone want's to argue with you. I in no way am argueing with you......

You posted that if it had anything to do with drinking that they would have changed the policy back a couple years ago which you referred to "jumper year"

According to statistics last year (2006) more people went overboard (22 as a matter of fact and 5 with carnival) plus 1 this year...

So I am thinking that maybe that is why they changed their policy.

We won't know for sure unless Carnival states otherwise.....

Ya know, you are the same way. Sure seems like an argument :rolleyes: I said:

or they would have made the change during "jumper year" a few years back.

And you started in on the stats for last year... Look at my comment... in no way was I saying anything about numbers, at the time, it was the highest number of jumpers and you would think if they were going to make a change, they would have made it then. But you started in on "when, how, that was 2006, and posting stats (then deleting)"

I am only going by the stats on Cruise Junkie... if your source is more valid, that is fine... I was simply stating that during 2005 (5 on Carnival), there were more jumpers than ever on Carnival... no changes. I'm not arguing with you anymore, obviously you missed my point. I still maintain that Carnival is a business, and an added $20 Million to their bottom line, during a time when fuel is killing them, along with all the other factors lately, would be the driving force in this decision.

I have had too much to drink and ran out in to yard to jump in the hot tub because I felt the need to go "overboard", with no ocean in sight.

The jumper was a *****, plain and simple. He would have done something stupid whether on land or at sea, and my guess is he has now done stupid things on both.

Regardless of the cause of the rule change, folks will smuggle. Right or wrong. They would have done it prior to the rule change anyway. (And I'm not saying whether I am or not, just in case the Carnival Cops are lurking).

The biggest problem of this whole situation is going to be the 'no fans of Coke' faction, and the "no fans of tap water' faction. Those are the folks who will be, or currently are, up-in-arms.

Go Cats

Archived