New wine limits?

mom2NnB

NCL didn't allow any wine brought on my January sailing. All wine was taken or you had to pay $15 per bottle on the spot to get it back.

Yes, NCL allows the wine onboard just pay the corkage fee up front. All lines say they will charge a corkage fee for wine in the dining room. NCL charges theirs up front so they are sure it gets collected. A pain for those who are drinking in their room but just the same for the those who have wine in the dining room. It's a compromise, at least you get to drink the wine you prefer.

I've never been charged a corkage fee on any cruise I've been on. Of course, last one was 2/07. That may be different now with the new rules.

I like the idea of a well cleaned out shampoo bottle. A "family sized" shampoo bottle of 151 ought to do me fairly well for a 7 day cruise, lol! :eek: :D Personally, from all the posts I've read here, I think that trying to do anything short of hand inspecting each piece of luggage is going to allow those all-too-crafty smugglers (of which I am one and taking notes from this post, lol) to get by. You know what they say....where there's a will.......

Be careful,sometimes no matter how well you clean the bottle, the taste remains. When I was younger my mom used a mini sized detergent bottle for our Iced Teas and believe me - drinking the soap taste was disgusting!!!!:D:D

Be careful,sometimes no matter how well you clean the bottle, the taste remains. When I was younger my mom used a mini sized detergent bottle for our Iced Teas and believe me - drinking the soap taste was disgusting!!!!:D:D

This is too funny, tea & soap is not a good taste.

I bought travel shampoo bottles at Target for under a dollar years ago to smuggle tequila into concerts in my socks, as they search people as they enter. I'll be bringing those on the cruise.

My wife and I will each bring a bottle and we'll make due on our six day cruise. RCCL did not allow us to bring any wine. So two is better than nothing. As for sodas, it seems like a pain to lug it aboard. My kids can share a can at dinner and I don't want them drinking too much of it anyway on a cruise. The new policy is kind of odd considering it's not usually wine drinkers who cause problems on ships.

Last October I brought 3 bottles of wine in my checked luggage and they were fine. I actually left one on the vanity because I only had 2! I'm sure the stewards appreciated that one.

This August I'm going to carry one on... and put on in my checked luggage. And hopefully for good measure I'll put a note on the bottle in my luggage so they won't take it.

And if it doesn't work? Then at least I don't buy super expensive wine in the first place....

Archived