"Shower Only" Staterooms on the Vista Class

innlady1

I'm looking into cruises for fall and winter. Can anyone please tell me how large the showers are in the "shower only" staterooms (the ones designated with an *) :confused:

We've only had verandah staterooms with a tub/shower. We had a "shower only" on Princess and it was tiny; I wonder if HAL's might be larger?

Thanks!

I've been in lots of showers in the inside cabins; I'll assume the outside cabins are at least as large.

They are a very generous size. There's plenty of room to stick your arms out to reach all the nooks and crannies; you can bend over to reach your feet. The shower curtain won't be in the way.

The old joke about soaping down the sides of the shower stall, then spinning around doesn't work here.

I've been in lots of showers in the inside cabins; I'll assume the outside cabins are at least as large.

They are a very generous size. There's plenty of room to stick your arms out to reach all the nooks and crannies; you can bend over to reach your feet. The shower curtain won't be in the way.

The old joke about soaping down the sides of the shower stall, then spinning around doesn't work here.

Thanks, Ruth! The old joke holds true, very true, with the showers on Princess, at least the ones in the Caribbean Princess balcony staterooms! :eek:

I've often wondered, because neither DH nor I take a bath...we always shower...so there's really no need for one, IMO. I've been "eyeing" the verandah staterooms on Deck 4 with the large balconies, and I know some of those have showers only...hence, the reason for my question! ;)

The old joke holds true, very true, with the showers on Princess,

I fully agree with you about the showers on Princess. We were on the Coral Princess and had the teeniest shower, plus there was a grab bar jutting out from the wall so that it made it feel as if you were showering with a friend, but friend wouldn't move! Holland America's showers are much larger compared to Princess. I think you'll be quite comfortable with your choice.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thanks, LetsGoAgain and ger_77. The Princess showers couldn't be any smaller, could they? Perhaps they set a record in the industry! But, it did have me concerned about the "shower only" on HAL...as those have been our only experiences. :)

Thanks, LetsGoAgain and ger_77. The Princess showers couldn't be any smaller, could they? Perhaps they set a record in the industry! But, it did have me concerned about the "shower only" on HAL...as those have been our only experiences. :)

The showers on Celebrity have to rank a close second!;) :eek:

So....what is different in these rooms(veranda with shower only) ? Is the room bigger? is the balcony larger? Why no tub? thanks
Possibly because some passengers (us for example) prefer a shower stall to a tub/shower combo. We have made cabin choices due to this.

They would also be more accessible to folks who have trouble with their knees, I would think. Don't have to climb over the side of the tub. For the same reason, they might also be safer in rough weather, as long as they have grab bars...

guess i was not clear...I know why one might not want or care about having a bath tub---I was curious as to the reason why those rooms do not have tubs. Are the rooms bigger? or is it just so that those who need a shower only have rooms to choose from?? My friends are looking into booking one of those rooms, and wondered if they were getting something in place of the tub---like larger bathroom or stateroom. Thanks

There are shower-only cabins so that people who want/need a shower-only have a choice of cabins. Otherwise the only way to get a shower-only would be to book an inside cabin.

There was a woman on my Statendam cruise in '00 who had to go to the gym to shower; she couldn't climb into the tub in her cabin, but wanted a window.

guess i was not clear...I know why one might not want or care about having a bath tub---I was curious as to the reason why those rooms do not have tubs. Are the rooms bigger? or is it just so that those who need a shower only have rooms to choose from?? My friends are looking into booking one of those rooms, and wondered if they were getting something in place of the tub---like larger bathroom or stateroom. Thanks
If HAL wants to sell outside/verandah cabins to those of us who do not want (and there is a difference between want and need) a tub, they have to have cabins without them. I haven't sailed on the Vista class, but on the R & S class ships, the tub really isn't any wider than the shower (as the HAL showers are nice sized), so I sure can't imagine the cabin being any larger.

When I signed up for my first HAL cruise I opted for my first outside cabin because it had a tub. Having only sailed on Princess (where you had to put your foot on the toidy in order to shave your leg) I couldn't get over how much room I had with the tub/shower on HAL. Hmmm but the showers on HAL are bigger huh? Maybe next time I'll opt for the inside at the SLIGHTLY reduced cost to check this out. :D

The showers on HAL are larger than Princess. We don't know what we will get until we get our cabin assignment. We have a guarantee F outside, and some Fs are tub and some shower only. Normally we get bumped up several categories with a guarantee and will like whatever they give us.

You can always book a suite!:D They have tubs AND showers!!! As seen in the pic below....or you can request a Handicap room (though you may piss off someone who really needs it!:rolleyes:) Of course, having said the comment about the suite though (we were in a SA on the Noordam) I suddenly remembered that while I love showers I was in the TINY TINY shower looking at all the room in the tub that ALSO had a shower!:cool: I used the shower in the tub the rest of the week.:p

158501719_NbCMU-M.jpg

158501743_tqWB8-M.jpg

....or you can request a Handicap room (though you may piss off someone who really needs it!:rolleyes:)

You may do more than "piss off" someone who really needs it---you may deprive them entirely from taking a cruise. :mad:

To do so is just plain selfish.

Archived