Edocs When do they arrive.

dutrie

How long before your cruise did the edocs arrive?

I am down to 31 days and my TA says that despite receiving a message that edocs are available, NCL won't make them available until I am under 30 days to the cruise.

Also, does the availability of edocs depend on whether or not you booked with a TA or directly with NCL?

David

I'm about 60 days out and most on my rollcall have received notice that their docs are ready for printing......except me.

I asked my TA and she said that I'm booked into a group and the consolidator hasn't released the docs yet ..whatever that means:confused:....does anyone know?:confused:

I'm about 60 days out and most on my rollcall have received notice that their docs are ready for printing......except me.

I asked my TA and she said that I'm booked into a group and the consolidator hasn't released the docs yet ..whatever that means:confused:....does anyone know?:confused:

This is the exact situation I am in. Many on my roll call have their edocs. My TA said that since in received a group discount, the edocs are not released until 30 days before the cruise date. Last year I booked with the same TA and was able to download the edocs about 60 days before the cruise, so I too am confused.

The strange part is I received an email with a link to the edocs site from my TA telling me that the edocs were ready two weeks ago, but they are not ready.

I guess I just have to wait.

I went through this for this cruise (in 10 days, got my edocs 12 days out). I was booked through a TA who used a group booking. NCL will not release the docs until everyone in the group is paid in full. It could be 30 days out, but it could be much later (like me).

According to NCL (I called them and got a few questions answered even though I was with a TA), edoc should be available around the 60 day mark, no later than 45 days. Unless you are booked through the group department (like a lot of TAs do). Then, edocs come out when everyone in the group is paid in full.

I got this same story from NCL and from my TA, and it played out. On Monday, I called my TA (for the umpteenth time about this issue), they called the group dept at NCL who said that some people in the group still weren't paid in full. The TA said they would look into what was going on with the group. And my docs showed up either late Monday night or early the next day.

eta: between 60 and 30 days, my TA was telling me they would be released at 30 days. After 30 days, the TA was saying they are never released until 14 days prior (*cough* liar *cough*).

Same thing happened to us last year. We got our edocs about 3 weeks out. Another thing about the group issue is that NCL won't release the edocs for the group until everyone in that group has filled out their on-line registrations, either. That was the case with us. Someone in the "group" hadn't registered yet.

I just printed out our eDocs from the NCL website. There's no reason to fret and wonder if they'll arrive in your email in time; they're readily available once you've filled out your required online information. :)

I have filled out my online information but my eDocs are not yet ready, so I'm not sure that this is always true... Although I have a receipt for payment in full from my TA, when I log onto NCL website it says payment pending. I'm assuming I'm in the same "boat" as the previous posters and am waiting for others in our "group" to make final payment. I'll start to panic in a week or so. :o

I just printed out our eDocs from the NCL website. There's no reason to fret and wonder if they'll arrive in your email in time; they're readily available once you've filled out your required online information. :)

You should probably read some of the other answers before making a generl statement like this. I filled in my information back in late October for my Jan 18th sailing. My edocs were available on Jan 5th. The same is not true for everyone, and yes, it depends on how you were booked.

I have filled out my online information but my eDocs are not yet ready, so I'm not sure that this is always true... Although I have a receipt for payment in full from my TA, when I log onto NCL website it says payment pending. I'm assuming I'm in the same "boat" as the previous posters and am waiting for others in our "group" to make final payment. I'll start to panic in a week or so. :o

Oh, now that I might worry about. I was showing paid in full in early November, but just the edoc said "pending."

the edocs are not ready once you fill inthe online registration stuff. i think that was more of a coincidence for you.

i filled my registration in after i booked it and it has been "pending" ever since, even after final payment. i just hit the 60 day mark yesterday. maybe i will try that link and see if i can do it that way.

I called my internet TA and they confirmed that because we are "part of a group" it takes longer to get the eDocs and we should expect them about 21 days prior to sailing.

I agree with a previous poster that as long as we get them with enough time to fill them out, it doesn't really matter, but I think it's just the "what if" they didn't come for some reason, or if the reservation got screwed up, etc. Getting them is one more assurance that "everything's going to be alright". lol... :rolleyes:

does it really matter when you get them as long as you have them before you leave for the ship???i'm not being a smart a** i'm really just wondering?????

doesn't matter if you ever get them. the one person who has ever asked to see my tickets: the security guards!!

NCL just ask your name/ID, they can find you on the computer. it is a good thing to fill our the pre-registration, saves playing 20 questions at check-in.

Hi,

We booked air with NCL for our Mediterranean cruise in March. After I filled out the pre-registration material, the edoc window said that the air has not been finalized. At other times, the documents were ready after final payment. That might be another reason for the slower service in this area.

Susan

Hi!! I have never gotten my edocs the same time. I just got my edocs for my March 1st cruise. but I have had to wait until 10 days before the cruise......I can't figure it out!!

I have also had a different experience as far as who wants to see them....

On the sun last year we had to show them before they let us in the building to get to the ship. On the Dream we had to show them to the man at the counter and the agent market the ticket prior to us going forward.......

I think you will get several different answers from many people.....:D

In my experience this is not always true.....:(

does it really matter when you get them as long as you have them before you leave for the ship???i'm not being a smart a** i'm really just wondering?????

I am just trying to be certain that everything is a go for this cruise. I have read too many stories about people loosing their reservations for one reason or another.

Although I filled out my registration months ago, and the charge for the final payment confirmed on my credit card in November, My Reservations on the NCL site still shows the Make Payment as not complete.

The explanation about the group bookings makes sense. I just wish my TA wouldn't make a different excuse everytime I contact.

Well, whether I have to have them or not doesn't matter to me. I booked this cruise back in July, I'm entitled to documents and I want them. It makes me feel better to have them.

I did have an experience with docs before....and it was on Norwegian. Everyone had gotten their docs but me. I wasn't in a group this time. I called my TA and she kept saying that nothing was wrong, I'm sure you'll get them soon, etc. It was getting closer and closer to the cruise and I called again, but this time she was on a cruise and I spoke to her assistant who called NCL. Well, it seems that I had changed cabins and NCL had keyed in the new (higher) rate for my cabin category. So when I showed up they probably would have asked me for more money!!:eek: It was fixed, by my TA's assistant, who said "it's a good thing you called." I don't use that TA anymore...not because of the mistake (which was really NCL's) but because she brushed off my concerns when all she needed to do was check with NCL.

So, humor me. I want my cruise docs.:)

Can't I book Shore Excursions either?

For those of you who are also booked into groups,

Have you tried to book a Shore Excursion?

I did and next to "status" is says pending.

Anyone know what this means?

I am just trying to be certain that everything is a go for this cruise. I have read too many stories about people loosing their reservations for one reason or another.

Although I filled out my registration months ago, and the charge for the final payment confirmed on my credit card in November, My Reservations on the NCL site still shows the Make Payment as not complete.

The explanation about the group bookings makes sense. I just wish my TA wouldn't make a different excuse everytime I contact.

Was your credit card charged to NCL for final payment or your TA? It might be that the TA took your payment and hasn't paid NCL yet.

Can't I book Shore Excursions either?

For those of you who are also booked into groups,

Have you tried to book a Shore Excursion?

I did and next to "status" is says pending.

Anyone know what this means?

I definitely was able to book a shore excursion. I booked the Cave/Mangrove one in Samana shortly after I booked the cruise, even before final payment was made. Maybe they're just processing your request?

Archived