M-Class Ships Cabin #6000 pros and cons?

travelingkitty

Would like information on this cabin. Does it have a porthole or window? Is it larger than a regular outside? Do you have the sq. ft.? What about noise from the theater? Any information about the other cabins on Penthouse and Vista decks that in the very front of the ship would help. I am thinking about this ship for June 12th.

I don't have any personal experience with this cabin -- but, I am going to be in it on 6/3 on the Summit. I was recently able to see the Infinity when she was in San Francisco - so, I ran up and took a look. So - this info. is for the Infinity, but I'm assuming it'll be similar on the Summit. The window is a porthole that looks out over the helicopter pad. The room is wider than the standard oceanview cabin and seemed pretty roomy. The bathroom was ok - the shower was sideways -- more like a home shower in a tub -- it went width wide across the bathroom. Can't say about the noise since the ship wasn't moving.

I'd love to hear from someone that has actually sailed in this room.

I've been in one of those front cabins on my last cruise (Constellation).

On some boards people say it's a noisy cabin cause it's adjoined to the staff's halllways. I did not hear anything!

Pros:

1. The cabin is larger than all the other outside staterooms.

2. Different view out of window.

Cons:

1. You have to walk very far to get to your stateroom.

2. When the sea is rocky, the front of the ship is the worst place to stay.

If the cons don't bother you, try it!

(Excuse my English, I hope I've found the right expressions.)

We stayed in 6000 on Millie and loved it. It was a nice large room with a big rectangular window looking out the front of the ship. Yes, you could see the helipad, but you also had a nice view of the scenery. We didn't hear any noise at all. It is a bit of a walk, and you do feel a little more motion, but we though the large room and unique view were well worth it. We'd stay there again.

Thank you for your reply about cabin 6000. I talked to Celebrity yesterday and was told there was only a porthole in that cabin and then a little bit later was told there was a nice size window. I asked for the sq. ft. of the cabin but Celebrity didn't seen to know what it was compaired to a regular outside cabin.. I would have thought they would know all the sq. ft. of each cabin on the ship.

I am glad to get your information about staying in this cabin and that it really does have a large window. and a larger cabin. I have been at the front of a ship before on my last cruise on HAL and loved it because there was no one to brother me and I was by myself on the last cruise to Mexico. Had a wonderful time. I little bit of movement would not be bad as it just might rock me to sleep at night. I have also been in a suite on HAL on the back corner of the ship and loved every minute of the time spent out on the very hugh balcony that goes all the way down the side if the suite also. If you ever have the chance, book into the suite on the back corner of a ship. It is wonderful.

Does anyone else have any information on the cabins that go right across the front of the ship on decks 6 and 7. They look a lot larger and the configuration looks like it might be a fun room full of extra space. There are 4 cabins across the front of deak 7 and 6 cabins across the front of the ship on deck 6. Looking for any information on these cabins. I am looking to book into cabin 6000 as that is the only one open as of this minute. Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Jo Ann:confused::p:)

Hi travelingkitty,

I attached a few photos. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for the pictures. The cabin is so much larger than a regular outside would be. do you have any idea what the sq. ft. is? I have not been in an outside cabin but figured it was about the same as an inside except for the window. The pictures really helped. What do you see when you look out the window? Can you see ocean and land really good? Traveling by myself now I figured I would not need a balcony or suite.:confused:

Not sure what the sq footage was, but it felt more spacious than any other cabin we've been in (inside and balcony). You can see the helipad, but you can also see the ocean, land, etc. Much like looking out the front windshield of a car. There's a ledge in front of the window that a smallish person can sit in. I enjoyed sitting there and watching where we were headed. It was a very private cabin. Only one neighbor and the doors were very far apart. (Service door on the other side.) We didn't ever hear any noise, and I'm a light sleeper. There may be some front cabins better than this one, but I wouldn't hesitate to get this one if it's the one available.

We stayed in 6000 on Millie and loved it. It was a nice large room with a big rectangular window looking out the front of the ship. Yes, you could see the helipad, but you also had a nice view of the scenery. We didn't hear any noise at all. It is a bit of a walk, and you do feel a little more motion, but we though the large room and unique view were well worth it. We'd stay there again.

As you can see from the others photos, it has a very large ROUND porthole but a square frame around it. We're in 6004 in June, a HC accessible cabin. Which runs crosswise. View is off to side and front It's sq footage is around 300' Both photos are from the Geocities site. Perhaps you who have photos of 6000 should send yours into that site as none are listed there of that or the 7000 ones:)

6004-3.jpg.fee28826dc9b2e7e66959488f2f9b342.jpg

6004-6.jpg.a9dffe9a1c38a1d5384f5987c8e3c4dc.jpg

As you can see from the others photos' date=' it has a very large ROUND porthole but a square frame around it. We're in 6004 in June, a HC accessible cabin. Which runs crosswise. View is off to side and front It's sq footage is around 300' Both photos are from the Geocities site. Perhaps you who have photos of 6000 should send yours into that site as none are listed there of that or the 7000 ones:)[/quote']

were you in alaska? it must of been nice entering hubbard glacier with a foward view.;):)

were you in alaska? it must of been nice entering hubbard glacier with a foward view.;):)

They were in Alaska from their comments,and had a photo out of the porthole/window straight ahead in Juneau to the port and was a mostly unimpeded view! but they are NOT my pictures, but off the website http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html As I stated they have no pictures of 6000 cabin. People who do should perhaps try to upload to same.

We WILL be in this cabin (6004) on the 6/19 southbound out of Seward, and hope to enjoy it, as there will be 3 of us, and it is a really large cabin . Bath is about 150 sq' alone...needs room for a wheelchair to get into. My sister & I both use canes, and I need the safety bars in shower and near the "facility" to "get up" We use a chair sometimes when exiting the ship, and embarking, if the ramps are steep! Last year in NZ/Aust. ALL the ramps seemed to be a 45o+ angle and TALL.

They were in Alaska from their comments' date='and had a photo out of the porthole/window straight ahead in Juneau to the port and was a mostly unimpeded view! but they are NOT my pictures, but off the website http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html As I stated they have no pictures of 6000 cabin. People who do should perhaps try to upload to same.

We [u']WILL[/u] be in this cabin (6004) on the 6/19 southbound out of Seward, and hope to enjoy it, as there will be 3 of us, and it is a really large cabin . Bath is about 150 sq' alone...needs room for a wheelchair to get into. My sister & I both use canes, and I need the safety bars in shower and near the "facility" to "get up" We use a chair sometimes when exiting the ship, and embarking, if the ramps are steep! Last year in NZ/Aust. ALL the ramps seemed to be a 45o+ angle and TALL.

I have seen 'geocities' mentioned several times in threads but have no idea what that is. How do you look up cruises and rooms at this site?

Thank you for all your information on the cabin. I now see it would be great to get a cabin in the front of the ship. I had to get a HC room when my mom was with me but she passed away a few months back and now I cruise by myself, (Always got a suite when she was with me). Not as much fun but have meant some wonderful people on the ships and on the boards here at Cruise Critic.

I have seen 'geocities' mentioned several times in threads but have no idea what that is. How do you look up cruises and rooms at this site?

Thank you for all your information on the cabin. I now see it would be great to get a cabin in the front of the ship. I had to get a HC room when my mom was with me but she passed away a few months back and now I cruise by myself, (Always got a suite when she was with me). Not as much fun but have meant some wonderful people on the ships and on the boards here at Cruise Critic.

It's a site that has links to cabin photos for most Category cabin on Celebrity Ships. It's that website that is listed in my post that you "quoted":D

Do any of you have pictures of cabin 7002 or 7003 on an M-class ship? We're booked in 7002 on the Millennium on the Southbound cruise from Seward on July 17th, and hope we made a good choice.

Thanks!

Claire

• 1 month later...

I have booked one of these cabins for a Caribbean cruise in February and would love to see a picture of it. If you get a chance, I would be grateful if you could post a picture when you return.

Have a great trip.

Do any of you have pictures of cabin 7002 or 7003 on an M-class ship? We're booked in 7002 on the Millennium on the Southbound cruise from Seward on July 17th, and hope we made a good choice.

Thanks!

Claire

If you go the the thread started by me - chooice between Millie 6001 or 7002 you will see the pictures of 7002. GReat pictures. I would put a link to the thread, but I don't know how.

Archived