Our Perspective CB New England/Canada 8/22-8/20

Luv2escape

Thanks for the review,

I agree the ship has to many passengers, The Solstice and Other Princess ships about the same size have less passengers...I think they have a hard time working with all the passengers on the CB when its peak full time with lots of quad and triple rooms booked up also. I agree with the food it was ok, but the Service was just not as good as our last princess cruise or any cruise in recent years. I hope they make it better! Princess is known for better then the CB was offering our week.

BTW on the money question...US currency is accepted pretty much everywhere, but you'll sometimes get screwed on the exchange if the place only will give Canadian $$$ change.

As an example, the bus tour in St. John's is $16 US/$18 Canadian.

However, at some stands on the boardwalk in Halifax, if the bill is say $8, and you pay with $20 US, you'll get $12 Canadian back, which means you're eating the exchange rate.

That's strange! We did the St. John and Halifax cruise a couple of years ago, and the only Canadian change we received was in "loose change". Dollars were in US. We came home with about 60 cents in Canadian change. Sounds as if different places have different policies:confused:

I know you can bring your own wine and champagne onboard. We have done this many times in the past and even though Princess tells you there will be a corkage charge in the dining room there has never been one. Does any know if they are now actually charging a corkage fee or are they still letting that slide?

Depends on the waiter. We were charged on some nights on our last cruise and not charged on other nights....strange:confused: We did anytime dining.

lobster ice cream???

Is there nothing Yankees won't put lobster in?

There are two ice cream shops that we saw when in Bar Harbor.

Friends of ours recommended Bill's Ice Cream Shop on Main Street.

Many choices available. The Blueberry was great with lots of fresh blueberries in it. DH is adventouous and yes had the "Lobster Ice Cream"

savory with pieces of lobster running though it!:p

There are two ice cream shops that we saw when in Bar Harbor.

Friends of ours recommended Bill's Ice Cream Shop on Main Street.

Many choices available. The Blueberry was great with lots of fresh blueberries in it. DH is adventouous and yes had the "Lobster Ice Cream"

savory with pieces of lobster running though it!:p

Count me in on the Blueberry Ice Cream with real Blueberries.....yummmmm;)

Archived