Radiance of the Seas - Cabin 4560

This is my first post and soon I will be on the Radiance of the Seas for the first time. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Did you like the location? Thank you in advance for any information about the Radiance. I'm so excited!

Radiance is a beautiful ship. You will love her.

We're considering a cabin in a similar location to yours - it looks very convenient. Nice and central, and easy to get to everywhere from your cabin.

Enjoy!

Thank you for the reply. I'm wanting to find out anything and everything I can about the Radiance. Do you know where I can find a copy of the five night menu? I will post about the location when we return. Thanks again!!

What date are you sailing, I am on the Sept 25th cruise for 5 nights. I am in 4053 Interior and I think this is a great location. I will miss my balcony this trip but oh well. Jump on over to your roll call and meet all of the cruisers you will be sailing with, they will have all of the info you need.

Happy Sailing :)

Mike

Also, welcome to CC.

• 1 month later...
What date are you sailing, I am on the Sept 25th cruise for 5 nights. I am in 4053 Interior and I think this is a great location. I will miss my balcony this trip but oh well. Jump on over to your roll call and meet all of the cruisers you will be sailing with, they will have all of the info you need.

Happy Sailing :)

Mike

Also, welcome to CC.

I hope you had a great cruise! Did you like the location of your cabin?

I love the Radiance and look forward to our second cruise on her next month. Enjoy the glass elevators facing the sea, the Solarium, Seaview Cafe, self-leveling billiard tables, mini-golf, Schooner Bar, etc. I think that you will really like the location of your stateroom, very convenient mid-ship and close to the Guest Relations and shore excursion desk. Radiance is a beautiful ship, you will love her!

I love the Radiance and look forward to our second cruise on her next month. Enjoy the glass elevators facing the sea, the Solarium, Seaview Cafe, self-leveling billiard tables, mini-golf, Schooner Bar, etc. I think that you will really like the location of your stateroom, very convenient mid-ship and close to the Guest Relations and shore excursion desk. Radiance is a beautiful ship, you will love her!

Thanks! I now have no worries about our location. I'm actually packing right now. I can't wait to be on the Radiance. It sounds like there is a lot to do on this ship. Did you like the food? I think we are going to give Chops a try.

We just got off Radiance, last Sun. It was our first RCCL cruise. We thought the ship is very nice. Loved all the glass.

Food--always a subjective matter--was very good. MDR was great, although a small selection. Service there was good too. Our waiter was Dharma.

The buffet is very easy to navigate--all in separate sections. Food was very good. I personally liked it alot. DH's only complaint was that you can't self-serve the drinks. Didn't bother me at all, and I understand why they do it this way.

Seaview Cafe was good too. We ate at Chops and loved it. I had jumbo shrimp (Chops was for DH) and they were as big as the palm of my hand.

We had a hump balcony, which had TONS of storage. The bathroom sink area is small though. Only ammenity in there is shower gel.

You will have such a good time. :)

Pat

We just got off Radiance, last Sun. It was our first RCCL cruise. We thought the ship is very nice. Loved all the glass.

Food--always a subjective matter--was very good. MDR was great, although a small selection. Service there was good too. Our waiter was Dharma.

The buffet is very easy to navigate--all in separate sections. Food was very good. I personally liked it alot. DH's only complaint was that you can't self-serve the drinks. Didn't bother me at all, and I understand why they do it this way.

Seaview Cafe was good too. We ate at Chops and loved it. I had jumbo shrimp (Chops was for DH) and they were as big as the palm of my hand.

We had a hump balcony, which had TONS of storage. The bathroom sink area is small though. Only ammenity in there is shower gel.

You will have such a good time. :)

Pat

Sassyredhat, It sounds like you had a great cruise. From what I've read the Radiance is a pretty ship and I can't wait to explore.

I'm not hard to please so I'm sure I will enjoy the food. I tend to plan my meals in advance when I'm going to a restaurant so I don't make my friends wait for 15 min. for me to decide (I tend to want it all :o). Was the shrimp at Chops an appetizer or an entree?

I do have an OV and I have been told that it's in a good location. I hope I have a large amount of storage space like you had in your hump balcony.

Thank you for the info and if you have anymore, I will be more than happy to read it. :D

Regarding Chops Grille, I had the best filet ever there and we plan to go again during our next cruise. We have also really enjoyed Portofino's Italian cuisine.

I think, I'm going to skip dinner tonight so I have more room for Chops Grille. I've read that the portions are large. I just might go for the filet and the shrimp. :)

The portions are hugh at Chops but my favorite is Portofino's only because I prefer seafood. Definately try the Seaview Cafe and try to do so on the first days before it's discouvered. It's aft on deck 11 (maybe 12), just behind the children's play area. The best fish and chips, onion rings, and cuban sandwich I've ever had. It has very few tables so try to get one on the rail and as you sit there facing forward you'll see unlimited blue sky and blue sea. As you look around, you'll feel the tension of life leaving you and understand why you sail!

The portions are hugh at Chops but my favorite is Portofino's only because I prefer seafood. Definately try the Seaview Cafe and try to do so on the first days before it's discouvered. It's aft on deck 11 (maybe 12), just behind the children's play area. The best fish and chips, onion rings, and cuban sandwich I've ever had. It has very few tables so try to get one on the rail and as you sit there facing forward you'll see unlimited blue sky and blue sea. As you look around, you'll feel the tension of life leaving you and understand why you sail!

Seaview Cafe sounds beautiful. We will be sure to go there right away. I've never had a Cuban sandwich but if you like it that much I'm sure I will too. I can't wait to feel stress free!!!

No extra fee for the Seaview Cafe.

The entertainment varies from cruise to cruise. The performances by the Singers and Dancers are the only constants.

MsSoCalCruiser, the menus for the everning are posted outside the main dining room each morning. Just stop by and look and you'll be able to browse and decide to your heart's content.

Thanks so much! I can see myself sitting there. Now, where is it located? I might need to bring my GPS so I don't get lost. :D

The Seaview Cafe is on Deck 12 (starboard,aft) just past the kid's pool and Adventure Beach. The Windjammer Cafe also offers outdoor seating. :)

• 3 weeks later...