liquor list for owners suite

mttwinmom

I was wondering if anyone had the list of liquors to select from if you're booked in an owners suite. I heard you should get this list back to the butler as early as possible so there isn't a long delay in receiving your sellection. Also, does anyone know if mixers are given too.

I do hope someone post a listing. Or at least, does anyone know if anything like Frangelico, Kahlua or Irish Cream is available as a choice so I can add it to my cups of coffee? Also, are mixers included as well? (ie. can I have diet coke as a mixer even though I will drink it straight.. LOL)

I do hope someone post a listing. Or at least, does anyone know if anything like Frangelico, Kahlua or Irish Cream is available as a choice so I can add it to my cups of coffee? Also, are mixers included as well? (ie. can I have diet coke as a mixer even though I will drink it straight.. LOL)

While I can't remember the exact list, it was very, very limited. On the other hand, we were able to substitute, but only limited (for example we subbed Absolut for one bottle of other vodka) - but dunno if this is the norm or if concierge was just very nice (the butler originally said no) - and we only requested one sub. We got the regular stock (vodka, rum, and whiskey) from the OS list and liqueurs from bar-setup since we were cruising with a few people. We ordered our Kahlua thru bar setup so I don't know if that was a possible switch. Also, mixers were not included, but since you get free sodas in the OS, you can stock up on whatever you like if it's available. Other mixers, like OJ, cran juice, milk, etc can be ordered as a part of room service (we kept a small pitcher in the fridge). Knowing they were not available, we carried on our own cream (for Kahlua), caffeine-free coke, white cranberry, and seltzer (I think they did have club soda). Made some great frozen milkshake drinks with our tiny blender with rum, banana liqueur, bananas and berries (frozen in the mini fridge), milk and choc syrup (that we also carried on)!

This is actually what I think is the perfect use for RumRunners: Between the bar setup and OS bottles, we had plenty, but still had a few people who drank vodka martinis with either vermouth or other liqueur - but just a touch for flavor. None of these were available on bar setup, so we brought on rumrunners with about 1/2 cup of each "flavoring". Had a great martini bar setup for our parties and didn't feel the slightest bit guilty for bringing them on.

Robin

A current list is sort of hard to find...it's one of the things the butler takes with him (and doesn't bring back) after you've made your selections on the first day of the cruise.

As I recall, Kahulua (or Bailey's) is not on the list but just ask your butler for it when you get on board. A nice, large bottle was delivered to our stateroom on day 2 of our cruise. ;)

Happy cruising!

thanks alot. Not sure if I understand about the bar set up. Are we able to request other bottles of liquor then what's on the list (at our expense) to be brought to our room. Sorry for the silly questions, just haven't had this "extra" before.

thanks alot. Not sure if I understand about the bar set up. Are we able to request other bottles of liquor then what's on the list (at our expense) to be brought to our room. Sorry for the silly questions, just haven't had this "extra" before.

The Bar Set Up is separate from the free OS bottles, and must be arranged ahead of the cruise. Do a search on "Bar Set Up" and you will get all the information you need, including how-to, selection lists, and prices.

Robin

The menu is in the room when you arrive. there is only 12 or so to choose from. The menu is pretty generic. Someone said that the butler can substitute wine if you like. That is what I will do this fall.

I think there were only two choices of wine on the "freebie" list (suite passengers) so has anyone ever substituted champagne? I would rather have champagne than wine or the hard stuff.

I know......you are all going to say just check with the butler/concierge but I was just curious if it had been done and if so, what quality champagne would they offer.

We just got off a 5-day on the Majesty and had an OS. We took the Beefeater's Gin, the Chardonnay and the Cabernet from the list. The cab was excellent! We never got to the chard because of all the wine we got through the various exchanges. The cabin comes with a chilled bottle of sparkling wine. We also had a chilled bottle of sparking wine due to the Anniversary package we purchased. We traded those two bottles for one Rancho Zabaco that was also excellent. The Anniversary package came with a bottle of La Terre at dinner that was quite drinkable (granted we usually drink wine that is about $17-25/bottle on land).

We just returned from the POA on the 29th.

The liquor list above appears to be current. We did not ask for anything that was not on the list.

As an OS occupant, your butler will deliver any and all soft drinks, juices (I love tomato juice) a pitcher of cream for your Kaulua, and cartons of milk.

Once you ask for them, he will (should) keep your refrigerator stocked with those items (ours did).

I did, however ask if I could substitute beer for the liquor....unfortunately, no. It never hurts to ask, though.

If you ever have any questions, you should feel free to ask your butler, as I would imagine that he has heard them all.

NCL will knock themselves out taking care of the OS folks.

Also, we discovered that you can call the butler at any time, and he will get you into the LazyJ restaurant. That, (IMHO) is one of the greatest perks for suite holders.

Not sure if it will apply, but when we were in the GV, they didn't list everything we wanted and we just wrote down our request and it was delivered. They'll probably do the same in the OS as long as it is reasonable.

Never Hurts to Ask???;)

• 3 years later...
I think there were only two choices of wine on the "freebie" list (suite passengers) so has anyone ever substituted champagne? I would rather have champagne than wine or the hard stuff.

I know......you are all going to say just check with the butler/concierge but I was just curious if it had been done and if so, what quality champagne would they offer.

Would also like to know if champagne could be substituited for any of the liquor. Anyone??Thanks,

Karen :)

Would also like to know if champagne could be substituited for any of the liquor. Anyone??Thanks,

Karen :)

There was a post or two a couple weeks ago where this was discussed and it really seemed to vary for people - hard to say for sure.

Kahlua definitely is... Let me see if I can find the list again... This is the latest I've seen passed around.

Beefeater Gin

Grant’s Blended Scotch Whiskey

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Sauza Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

Alice White Chardonnay

Kira Private Reserve Merlot

DML

We received this list last week from the pre-cruise concierge, so it should be current.

Please choose 3 bottles from the list below.

Liquor

Beefeater Gin

Grant’s Blended Scotch Whiskey

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Sauza Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

Alice White Chardonnay

Kira Private Reserve Merlot

Does anyone know if the will give you a small glass of simple syrup from the Haven bar and some mint leaves so you can make mojitos?

I would definately upgrade the smirnoff to at least Absolut. I dont need top shelf but NCL had downgraded the OS list to well and bottom shelf LOL

Archived