Flight departs 10:30am in Miami, enough time?

byhwong

Hello All,

My flight going home is 10:30am departure from Miami (International flight to Canada). Cruise arrive at the port at 8:00am, it seems very tight and I am not feeling very comfortable about it. Do you think there will be enough time to make the flight? Does anyone have the similar departure time where they are able to make the flight?

Thanks all.

yikes. it sounds pretty darned close.

Just too many things to account for:

after you dock, customs must clear all non-US citizens (they took a very long time on our last cruise to even arrive). Then you'll have to get to the airport and go through the luggage check (unless you do LEX) then go through security, which could take quite awhile if there are thousands of cruisers at the airport at the same time.

I personally wouldn't chance it.

Let's back plan this

Flight departs MIA at 10:30

Airline recommends 2 hrs for domestic 3 hrs for international

Is Canada considered international?

Let's say not.

At the very least, for you luggage to make the flight, you MUST be checked-in (not in line but checked in) by 9:30

15 -30 minutes waiting to check in 9:15

30 minutes travel time to airport 8:45

15 minutes to clear Immigrations 8:30

15 minutes to locate luggage 8:15

15 minutes to get off ship and get to luggage 8:00

I see you waiting for a long time at the airport to try to secure a new flight back home.

alot of things are possible..even impossible flight s to catch..

i ve never regretted taking a later flight..i ve arrived at airports where

we had to wait 2 hrs from check-in thru security..yet, i ve been thru check-in and security in a half hr..

BTW..that 2 hrs was at MIA..and the half hr was at SEA/TAC..

Hello All,

My flight going home is 10:30am departure from Miami (International flight to Canada). Cruise arrive at the port at 8:00am, it seems very tight and I am not feeling very comfortable about it. Do you think there will be enough time to make the flight? Does anyone have the similar departure time where they are able to make the flight?

Thanks all.

Wow. That doesn't give you much time should the unforseen happen.

I wouldn't risk this one....you should never book before noon.

Our last cruise we were held up a bit due to internation people not REPORTING to customs when they were supposed to, so it delayed customs allowing us to disembark. We were first off the ship (maybe 5 people ahead of us) at 8:45am.......rushed to get our luggage, one was missing..had to search...someone inadvertently picked it up as theirs,9:15 am grabbed a cab, 9:30 am, hit traffic and arrived at the airport at 10:15 AM... HAD just enough time to hit the bathroom, get through security for our 12:15 pm flight...too many variables to attempt that flight, change it now and avoid the aggrevation later. Didn't your TA advise you on a later flight when you booked your cruise?

Barb

Our Bermuda cruise last year ran into some rough seas coming back and the ship reduced speed to make the journey more confortable. This resulted in our getting back about 2 hours late. Then, it seemed they took forever to let people off the ship, and the folks boarding had quite a long wait.

I'd hate to have had an early flight that day!

I just about bet most people here will tell you you will make it. I know that I wouldn't be feeling very good about it. I booked our earliest return on our upcoming cruise and it isn't wasn't until 1:30 and I was a little worried at first. Now I have been told is has been changed to 3:15 so definately no problems now.

Wow, the replies comes in very quickly. Thanks all for your reply. Change fee is $75 + differences in ticket price when I change now, $150 when I am at the airport.

Yes, I knew it will be extream tight when I book flight ticket. But I cannot change the flight right now, here is why. Cruise is Destiny from Jan 25 to Jan 30 2010. The last day of the seat sale fare for my flight is right at Jan 30. If I change for the next flight which departs at 1:30pm or the any flight next day, price for my ticket will be doubled.

Now I'll just have to keep checking to see if there is any prices drop for later date and change when price dropped to an acceptable level. If price never drop, well, lets hope for the smoothest debarkation and airport check it. :o

Hello All,

Thanks all.

Whenever we can't get the right time for a flight we just stay the extra day and tour the area.

Wow, the replies comes in very quickly. Thanks all for your reply. Change fee is $75 + differences in ticket price when I change now, $150 when I am at the airport.

Yes, I knew it will be extream tight when I book flight ticket. But I cannot change the flight right now, here is why. Cruise is Destiny from Jan 25 to Jan 30 2010. The last day of the seat sale fare for my flight is right at Jan 30. If I change for the next flight which departs at 1:30pm or the any flight next day, price for my ticket will be doubled.

Now I'll just have to keep checking to see if there is any prices drop for later date and change when price dropped to an acceptable level. If price never drop, well, lets hope for the smoothest debarkation and airport check it. :o

Just be advised that your chances of missing the 10:30 flight and just automatically being put on the 1:30 flight are also slim to none.

If you miss the 10:30 flight (without calling the airline to notifiy them) they are within their rights to completely cancel your entire reservation.

Even if you notify them, you'll be placed on Standby. Unless you have high frequent flier status with the airline, you are on the bottom of the list IF any seats become available on the 1:30 flight.

Let's say you are a family of 4. It's possible only 2 seats will be available. Who's flying?

It could be a couple of days waiting around until you secure flights back home.

On our first cruise out of Miami we nearly missed our flight. Our flight was at 1:30 and we didn't get to the airport until 12:45. There was a huge line waiting to be checked in and we were at the end of it. If an airline person hadn't walked by and heard us talking, we would have missed our flight. As it was, she took us to the first class line and had them check us in. After that experience, 10:30 would not seem do-able to me.:eek:

Archived