Tips question again

cruiser1177

Sorry i know there's like a million questions and answers on tipping already but i can't seem to get a firm answer as to whether the tips charged for drink includes soft and alcoholic drinks or just alcoholic drinks?

Which drinks onboard are free and which are not?

Lemonade in the buffet, iced tea, not bottled water (which is still really really good), juice in the morning at the buffet....all free. Hot tea is free in your room... syrupy coffee in the buffet is also free.

Soft drinks cost money....pretty sure there is a tip...but not much. Specialty coffees cost money and the freshly brewed coffee does too.

Alcoholic drinks have a 15% tip included.

Sorry i know there's like a million questions and answers on tipping already but i can't seem to get a firm answer as to whether the tips charged for drink includes soft and alcoholic drinks or just alcoholic drinks?

Any beverage "served" to you by bar staff will have a 15% service charge tacked on. This includes beverages obtained with the soda card where the service charge is pre-paid when the card is purchased.

The 15% tip applies to any drink you pay for.

In addition to the above, milk is free at meals.

Hi Guys

Just read on this thread that hot tea n your room is free. I take it that is from room service.Do you just give your room steward a tip?

Many thanks

Coffee, hot tea, milk, iced tea are all free from room service. We always take a stack of dollars to keep handy to tip the person who delivers to the room.

Any beverage "served" to you by bar staff will have a 15% service charge tacked on. This includes beverages obtained with the soda card where the service charge is pre-paid when the card is purchased.

What drinks at dinner are free? and I read once that people fill their glasses with wine and take it to dinner, is this allowed?

What drinks at dinner are free? and I read once that people fill their glasses with wine and take it to dinner, is this allowed?[/quote]

It's a cruise ship, not a prison camp. :p

Lol :D Yes I know..... Just i don't think any other hotel or restaurant allow's you to bring drinks from your room, that's why i asked :p

Archived