US Air baggage allowance for Golden Princess in November

vickyc

We have booked golden princess with a 3 night stay in Las Vegas prior to the cruise. We are flying Virgin Atlantic from Gatwick to Las Vegas where we have a very generous luggage allowance.

We then have an internal flight with US Air from Vegas to Los Angeles to pick up the ship and my travel agent has told me he thinks the baggage allowance is only 20KG per person, only one suitcase each.

Can anyone confirm this as the website is very confusing.

Also we have to get our own transfers from Los Angeles airport to San Pedro port, there will be 4 people, I know it will not be cheap but would it be best get a taxi and does anyone know the approximate cost.

Thank you for any answers in advance.

Firstly, if you have not made your reservations for LAS->LAX, I would strongly suggest you check out LAS->LGB (Long Beach). Jet Blue (perhaps the best of the North American based airlines does this route.

LGB is closer to the port and MUCH less of a zoo than LAX.

USAir's baggage charges: http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/traveltools/baggage/baggagepolicies.aspx

can't help on the taxi costs as I never fly in the day of the cruise, so have never gone from the airport -> San Pedro by taxi.

When did you purchase your ticket on US? If it was purchased before 26 August, you will have to pay $15 to check the first bag, and $25 for the second, if you pay online before arriving at the airport. If you pay at the airport, price is $20 for the first bag and $30 for the second.

If your ticket was purchased on or after 26 August, you will pay $20 for the first bag and $30 for the second if you pay online. If you wait until arriving at the airport to pay, it will cost you $25 for the first and $35 for the second.

Each bag is limited to 50 pounds or 22 kg. You can check a third bag, but it will cost you $100.

You need a new TA, as this is very simple to find out.

Archived