RCCL Does Read Those Survey Cards!

transam84

I recently had a bit of an issue with MTD and staff attitude on Explorer of the Seas. This was the first time on 7 cruises I have encountered the slightest bad/unhelpful attitude. So, I filled out the survey card at the end of the cruise and dropped it in the box, figuring it would go into a great void. Well, I just got a very nice call from RCCL customer relations. Very nice, understanding and apologized for the incident. They were appreciative of the feedback especially on a new survice. So, Kudos to RCCL! They do listen and care. I'm impressed. :)

I recently had a bit of an issue with MTD and staff attitude on Explorer of the Seas. This was the first time on 7 cruises I have encountered the slightest bad/unhelpful attitude. So, I filled out the survey card at the end of the cruise and dropped it in the box, figuring it would go into a great void. Well, I just got a very nice call from RCCL customer relations. Very nice, understanding and apologized for the incident. They were appreciative of the feedback especially on a new survice. So, Kudos to RCCL! They do listen and care. I'm impressed. :)

Yes they do read and respond to them. One crew member told me on a cruise that they have crew meetings all of the time to go over the survey and even mention a person's name if written on the comment card. I always write down a crew members name if I have received excellent treatment or service from them. They do get recognized for it!

Yes - in addition to mentioning the bad, please do mention excellent service by name. I have been told by staff that they get days off, bonuses and their selection of what area they want to work - all based on customer feedback. They weren't hitting us up for it - it came up naturally in a conversation we were having. In fact, one of our favorite bartenders gave us his email and told us to email him before our next cruise so he could request a location where we can all hang together again. :)

On our recent cruise we praised our room attendent but gave justified criticism to the Medical staff and NEVER heard a word,did the same on the welcome home internet survey and NEVER heard a word.So Yeah they may read them but it DOES NOT MEAN they will respond ...........Frank:confused:

Guest maddycat
I recently had a bit of an issue with MTD and staff attitude on Explorer of the Seas. This was the first time on 7 cruises I have encountered the slightest bad/unhelpful attitude.

My apologies for going off topic. Would you please tell me what problem you had with MTD? We had MTD on our May Explorer cruise and loved it so much that we signed up for it again on our October Explorer cruise.

My husband filled out the survey from our recent Enchantment cruise and he received a phone call from RCL. Upon further discussing our cruise experience with the rep, we were given a $60 OBC to use on a future trip. He didn't have anything bad to say, or complain, just some general observations.

We weren't contacted either, however we did complete the cards with good feedback about our cabin attendant and our MDR attendants (both were superior). I guess that we had told them our feelings so to us that was enough, however if it all depends on position on the ship and what they get as "rewards" I am disappointed that we were never contacted. Our cruise was fantastic.

Yes - in addition to mentioning the bad, please do mention excellent service by name. I have been told by staff that they get days off, bonuses and their selection of what area they want to work - all based on customer feedback. They weren't hitting us up for it - it came up naturally in a conversation we were having. In fact, one of our favorite bartenders gave us his email and told us to email him before our next cruise so he could request a location where we can all hang together again. :)

When they called me about the MTD issue I told them how great Ricardo the concierge on Explorer was. He was the best concierge I have had, and there have been some outstanding ones. He is so warn and genuine. When I told him about my issue it was barely out of my mouth when he grabbed for the phone and said "I'll fix it", but by that time I just wanted to get a burger at Johnny Rockets. The rep was very happy to hear the words of praise and said she would definitely pass along the good feedback about him. He and his wife (also on Explorer) are saving to hopefully someday start their own business. I gave Ricardo a nice tip but I hope RCCL give him a little extra for the words of praise. It is nice to hear that good work is rewarded.

We have cruised twenty times on Royal Caribbean. Every time I have filled out the Customer Satisfaction Survey. I mention staff by name who have given us exceptional service. I praise production shows I liked and bands on the ship that I thought were especially good. I have even praised some of the ship's art and sculpture (not Park West), but the ship's own art.

Never once has Royal Caribbean written or called me to discuss what I have written or thank me for writing or even send me a standard form letter to thank me for my comments. I had begun to imagine that RCI does not read these forms or care what they say.

Not RCCL, but Disney. When we disembarked, someone took one of our suitcases and left their's. We were almost the last ones on the ship so it was easy to figure out who took ours. Their name was on their luggage tag sitting next to ours. Disney immediately got on it!!! They figured out that the luggage was on a bus headed straight to the airline at MCO. Disney took our cell number and sent us on our way to the airport. We were standing in line to check in with AirTran when my husband's phone rang. They found our bag and wanted to know where we were. Within minutes, a Disney suited gentleman came up to us and handed us our luggage!!! Upon arriving home I sent an e-mail to Disney about this experience and how well they handled it. Also mentioned how wonderful our servers were. I received an e-mail back thanking me for this and that a copy of my e-mail to them would be put in the respective employee's folders. I always hope great service gets rewarded:)!!!!

We have cruised twenty times on Royal Caribbean. Every time I have filled out the Customer Satisfaction Survey. I mention staff by name who have given us exceptional service. I praise production shows I liked and bands on the ship that I thought were especially good. I have even praised some of the ship's art and sculpture (not Park West), but the ship's own art.

Never once has Royal Caribbean written or called me to discuss what I have written or thank me for writing or even send me a standard form letter to thank me for my comments. I had begun to imagine that RCI does not read these forms or care what they say.

I understand your frustration. I too had wondered if RCCL really reads any of those survey cards. That is why I posted this to let people know that they are reading and listening even if it doesn't seem it. I think they are particularly concerned about new "things" that they may be trying like MTD. I myself am a bit shocked at how concerned they seemed. I guess with so many people on each sailing they have to pick and choose. I think it would be great to respond to all surveys but I'm guessing they have some criteria. I'm thinking MTD, since it is new, really struck a chord with them. Now hopefully they will take action!:)

I just got off Serenade of the Seas last Saturday and wrote my first EVER negative review of dining on an RCCL ship...specifically the My Time Dining on that ship. And that is as a Diamond member with many past RCCL sailings.

I too am one who usually uses the comment cards to praise all the specific staff members who made that cruise memorable. But the My Time Dining was such a HUGE disappointment on Serenade that I really just couldn't let it go.

I honestly do NOT expect or want a call about my comments, I'm not asking for anything...other than that they try to make better something that just was not well delivered for us on that cruise.

Other than that, I gave the cruise an EXCELLENT rating overall. RCCL definitely needs to know the good and the bad, and I do know they are responsive. Hopefully it will do some good for future cruisers.

I just got off Serenade of the Seas last Saturday and wrote my first EVER negative review of dining on an RCCL ship...specifically the My Time Dining on that ship. And that is as a Diamond member with many past RCCL sailings.

I too am one who usually uses the comment cards to praise all the specific staff members who made that cruise memorable. But the My Time Dining was such a HUGE disappointment on Serenade that I really just couldn't let it go.

I honestly do NOT expect or want a call about my comments, I'm not asking for anything...other than that they try to make better something that just was not well delivered for us on that cruise.

Other than that, I gave the cruise an EXCELLENT rating overall. RCCL definitely needs to know the good and the bad, and I do know they are responsive. Hopefully it will do some good for future cruisers.

Wow I was completely impressed with MTD on the Serenade in January. My Aunt was also very happy with MTD in April. It just show what a couple of months can do!

We too always fill out the comment cards and praise individuals by name and job duty. We do know for a fact that they receive recognition and other extras for that praise. We also know for a fact that if a dining room waiter receives a poor rating they will be demoted as soon as the info gets back to the ship to assistant waiter, etc. This not only means decr in rank but in pay which really hurts. That's why we try to take care of any dining room problems early in the cruise and it's amazing how excellent the service will become, imho.

I did not expect a call either, but I am really glad that my comment about MTD got noticed. And furthermore that there is potential that they take action to improve it (especially on some ships where it needs improvement). I think MTD is an awesome concept and from reading the mixed reviews appears to be inconsistent in effectness. I honestly want MTD to continue to its fullest potential. I was glad to be able to talk to a real live person (a rare thing in this electronic age) and fully explain what happened and make suggestions on how I think it could work better. That is why I posted this to let people know that they are listening to our comments and it is so nice they care and want to make MTD better. :D Beyond that I don't expect anything personally.

Archived