marriott biscsayne bay

singbluesilver1

It is close to the port, but not really walking distance to Bayside. I believe the Metro mover passes closer by, but some here don't recommend it at night. Take a cab. That hotel has great bayviews.

We were at Bayside a couple of weeks ago and had a nice time. There was live music and it wasn't very crowded.

I actually just called them and my rate dropped so they adjusted it for me

I hope they upgrade us to a bay room as it's our honeymoon!!

Write a nice little note to the GM of the hotel and see what they can do for you. I did it back in June for a night in Baltimore for our 20th anniversary and was given a suite in the newly finished tower for the price of a regular room.;):D

What exactly do you say without sounding like an ass lol

Maybe thank him/her for the excellent service the staff gave you when you called and how you're looking forward to enjoying your honeymoon stay. The kindness they showed on the phone has increased your excitement...something cheesey like that. :p

It might not hurt to mention you've read great reviews on CC and are looking forward to experiencing it yourself.

Good luck! Come back and tell us how it is...we're staying there January 1 unless the IC comes waaaayyyy down! :(

LOL

First of all, I won the hotel of hotwire. I did not even book with the hotel itself.

I sent an email off to the GM and just explained that I have never been to Baltimore over night and my husband and I were coming down to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I asked if he could put in a request for a room with a king size bed (with hotwire you usually just get what you get) because I wanted our night away to be special. I got an email back from him saying that he would take care of us. When we arrived not only did I get a room with a king size bed, we got a new suite.

Use the cruise and honeymoon as a reason. Go for it!!

marriott is pretty good with sap. you can sign up for their frequent guest program too www.marriottrewards.com

you'll get points for your room and tax, plus sometimes stuff you charge to the room (it varies from property to property.) and sign up for their last minute weekend rates...sometimes you can get stupid cheap rates (that are cancellable)...for instance, generally every holiday you can get rooms near or in DC starting at 52 bucks a night (this is in some of the marriott brands that aren't full service....but you can do well even in more full service places...)

I've been in their program for about 15 years and have taken-using points-as in basically free-1 cruise, 1 land trip to aruba, 1 to mexico and got 5 free nights and 1 free ticket to hawaii....YAY!:D

Congrats and good luck too!

Yes, have stayed there and it was fabulous. Puzzled that you find $109.00 "high", but to each his own. We have paid far more than that for hotels in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, honeymoon, and cruise. Enjoy. :)

I was thinking the same thing....heck valet parking in Miami runs about $30 alone.

Archived