Shore Excursions - RCC

jules67

Going on 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise in 3 weeks. Is it best to book once on the ship or should we try to book on-line via Mexico excursion websites for cheaper price?

Any suggestions? What excursions are best?

If you book ahead of time, you are guaranteed to get the excursions you want -- sometimes popular excursions have limited or no availability if you wait to get on the ship. Also, we like to get our excursions paid for before we cruise so we don't have that expense waiting for us after the vacation is over.

I will usually try to book my excursions myself (not through the ship) to save money and sometimes get a better excursion. The only times I book with the ship are when I can't find what I want on my own, the price is the same or there are time constraints, like going to Tulum when in Cozumel (you have to take a ferry to the mainland). Most tour companies if you book outside the ship will have several ship people on them so they are aware of the ships schedule and work with it. My sister was on a cruise one time to Belize that got into port late. The tour oparator she went with kept an eye on the ships version of the excursion and made sure his group was ahead of the ships every step of the way.

Archived