Use 2 Past Passenger Discounts in 2 rooms then switch??

Jrabbit128

Just want to know if anyone has ever done this? If, lets say for example, you and your significant other are past passengers and right now, the cruise line is offering a PP discount. If you are going with another couple, can you book 2 rooms, one under each name to get the discount, and then be able to switch back so that you and your significant other are in the same room onboard?

Just curious to see if that would be an option since we are trying to plan a trip for next year.

Yes you can. Our travel agent did this when we sailed the Carnival Liberty a couple of years ago. It never even occured to me to ask, she just did it when we called and told me to switch cabins once onboard the ship. We got through check-in and went immediately to the pursers desk and they happily moved everyone to the cabins we wanted. We did this with three cabins. Myself, my wife, and my youngest son went on this cruise with my sons friend from school and another couple we're friends with. My TA put one person in each cabin with one of us getting us the discount for all three cabins. Hope you have a great cruise.

Bob

Its amazing how many people rip off businesses. This country sure doesn't have any morals left. And I don't care if it is you booking the cruise or the TA. It is still wrong. They aren't past passangers. They don't qualify for the discount.

As mentioned by others, Carnival PVP's do this for people. People don't ask for it.....they offer it and do it for you. Carnival supposedly reads these boards. Don't you think they'd tell their employees to stop doing this if it was a problem for them? When it happened to me I never had a clue until my TA told me what she and the Carnival rep she booked us with had done. It was explained to me by my TA that if one person is a past guest the entire cabin qualifies for the discount. So I don't see this as "ripping off" Carnival.

Bob

Its amazing how many people rip off businesses. This country sure doesn't have any morals left. And I don't care if it is you booking the cruise or the TA. It is still wrong. They aren't past passangers. They don't qualify for the discount.

Carnival is thinking business wise! If getting the discount of a few bucks is the make or break part of the deal (which more than likely it will and would be) then they would be happier giving the discount to all involved (to a degree) then to lose out on the money. Its a thing of losing a hundred $ or so, or losing out on a sail all together! My business partners and I are doing the same kind of thing right now. We run our own wrestling promotion in Michigan and a new venue came up. My trainer (one of the partners) and I have both worked a show at this venue before and the turnout for fans was very low (low probably isnt even the best word to describe it. Turnout was that bad!) So, to just fill more seats, we are offering a BOGO (buy 1 get 1) We are not offering that at any other venue, just this one... It will help us get bodies in seats and could be the deal breaker with somone coming to a show or not.

Where you been:confused: Carnival has been encouraging this for years..........

Carnival is thinking business wise! If getting the discount of a few bucks is the make or break part of the deal (which more than likely it will and would be) then they would be happier giving the discount to all involved (to a degree) then to lose out on the money. Its a thing of losing a hundred $ or so, or losing out on a sail all together! My business partners and I are doing the same kind of thing right now. We run our own wrestling promotion in Michigan and a new venue came up. My trainer (one of the partners) and I have both worked a show at this venue before and the turnout for fans was very low (low probably isnt even the best word to describe it. Turnout was that bad!) So, to just fill more seats, we are offering a BOGO (buy 1 get 1) We are not offering that at any other venue, just this one... It will help us get bodies in seats and could be the deal breaker with somone coming to a show or not.

I dont think "Carnival" is thinking about it at all. I think the individual PVP or TA wants to "make the booking happen" and is going to do what they can to make the customer think they got a deal so they come back and book with them.

-------------

OP, they do it all the time for parents with kids .... so how can you say they cant do it with friends and couples ...If you do it for one you need to do it for everyone and switch them around once onboard. Whatever you can do to cut costs, do it. I sat thru a selling 90 minute seminar to get a cheaper cruise (sure not free like they said, but still cheaper)

We did it for our cruise back in January. My girlfriend and I and our two boys. It was funny checking in because I was checking in her son and she with mine. Different ethicities - so our sons' looked like us. Once onboard, walked straight to the guest services counter and switched the boys cards. No issues.

You mean like those caring businesses that give new customers better rates than long time customers? (insurance and phone companies come to mind).

Archived