Question about deck plans--doesn't make sense to me

Jeafl

We booked three cabins on the Liberty (empress deck). Carnival's website shows them all as triples, which is fine since we have 3 people in each.

Here is the problem though. On at least 3 different websites those rooms are showing as quads. If they are truly quads, will Carnival try and move us to different cabins if some parties of 4 need those cabins? We went through a lot of trouble to even get all 3 cabins reasonalbly near each other, and I don't want to screw that up, especially since I will have one of my kids in each of the cabins.

Tha cabins in question are 7350, 7386 and 7394 if that matters.

I would go with what the Carnival site says, since its the official site. The quad thing on other websites might be with a cot or something. Do you have your reservation linked? If so and they have to move you, they most likely won't move you down in category, and they would most likely move all the cabins if they are linked.

cruisedeckplans shows them each sleeping three.

Cabin 7350 4E IST3

185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 upper rab:0

View: no window or balcony

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

Cabin 7386 4E IST3

185 sq ft

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

Cabin 7394 4E IST3

185 sq ft

chair and coffee table

I would go with what the Carnival site says, since its the official site. The quad thing on other websites might be with a cot or something. Do you have your reservation linked? If so and they have to move you, they most likely won't move you down in category, and they would most likely move all the cabins if they are linked.

Can't be a cot, since Liberty doesnt have rollaways, too new.

OP I dont see any sign they are quads, so personally I wouldnt worry.

We booked three cabins on the Liberty (empress deck). Carnival's website shows them all as triples, which is fine since we have 3 people in each.

Here is the problem though. On at least 3 different websites those rooms are showing as quads. If they are truly quads, will Carnival try and move us to different cabins if some parties of 4 need those cabins? We went through a lot of trouble to even get all 3 cabins reasonalbly near each other, and I don't want to screw that up, especially since I will have one of my kids in each of the cabins.

Tha cabins in question are 7350, 7386 and 7394 if that matters.

If this were me, I'd rely on information found on Carnival's website. If there was any question about the deck plan info, I'd call them direct.

I have 3 people booked in a room that according to the website only sleeps 2. I called Carnival last night and the ship plans for liberty on carnivals website are wrong. They posted the same layouts for all the ships in that class - but some of liberty's rooms are different. She said it was the same way for another ship - but forget which one. So don't go with what the site says - call them.

Kathy

If this were me' date=' I'd rely on information found on Carnival's website. If there was any question about the deck plan info, I'd call them direct.[/quote']

yeah, just for safety sake i would call also. afer reading how someone had been bumped out of a handicap cabin i called and checked on all my bookings. i book ahead and yes, i pay a higher price (don't do the early saver) so i can pick my cabin... that being said i don't want to be bumped out of it at last minuete and have some location i don't want after paying the big price. so as you said you went to alot of trouble getting these cabins and don't want to give them up over some silly reason.

As others have mentioned, call Carnival and get the cabins linked. Then Carnival knows that if they move one of them they should move all of them together. If they are not linked, Carnival won't know the cabins should be located together (possibly even if booked on the same reservation, I don't know). They will link cabins next to each other or even an inside and outside cabin that are directly across the hall from each other. It is a fairly common request for the same reason you mention (parents with kids in an adjoining cabin), so they will know what you are asking for.

just make sure that you call at least 3 times. You'll get a different answer each time so you'll have to figure out which one is correct.

Bill

LOL This really did make me laugh out loud. :) The sad thing is, it really is true.

I'm not sure if they are linked together or not. I originally booked with a PVP but had the reservation turned over to the TA from Hades. (BIG mistake) I guess I should have made sure that they were. All I know is that the only reservation I have is for the room that I am physically sleeping in. All the communication (Fun Pass info etc) for the other 2 rooms was emailed to the other parties, not me. I guess I will call Carnival and make sure they are linked.

LOL This really did make me laugh out loud. :) The sad thing is, it really is true.

I'm not sure if they are linked together or not. I originally booked with a PVP but had the reservation turned over to the TA from Hades. (BIG mistake) I guess I should have made sure that they were. All I know is that the only reservation I have is for the room that I am physically sleeping in. All the communication (Fun Pass info etc) for the other 2 rooms was emailed to the other parties, not me. I guess I will call Carnival and make sure they are linked.

Carnival cant discuss your booking with you or if they are linked, if you transferred to a TA, only the TA can answer questions like that

Archived