Dpes anyone know which ships have five to a room?

cruisinreunion

We are looking to book a cruise for the family, five of us. Most of the inexpensive rooms only accomodate four it seems. We would be willing to have a cot in the room to save $$ but it seems we are getting no where with this. We do have the NCL card and a few tickets for $$ off the price but NCL seems to be the worst. When we move up to a suite the cost is too much for us right now and to book two rooms is costly also. How do other people do it? Do you book a single person with another cabin? Do you stick someone in with someone else's room? Thanks for your ideas

Only ships built before 2000 can accommodate 5 to a room. There may be some ships that have family cabins that will hold five. These include Carnival's Fantasy class ships, plus Destiny, and Triumph. These ships are allowed to put a cot in a quad cabin to accommidate five. Other ships are not. The New Carnival Dream will have cabins for five also. EM

We are looking to book a cruise for the family, five of us. Most of the inexpensive rooms only accomodate four it seems. We would be willing to have a cot in the room to save $$ but it seems we are getting no where with this. We do have the NCL card and a few tickets for $$ off the price but NCL seems to be the worst. When we move up to a suite the cost is too much for us right now and to book two rooms is costly also. How do other people do it? Do you book a single person with another cabin? Do you stick someone in with someone else's room? Thanks for your ideas

Check Disney, we sailed them with 5 to our cabin.

I agree with the previous poster that two adjacent or an interior/exterior with two bathrooms and a 3 and 2 combo maynot be me too much more expensive then an outside cabin for 5.

Celebrity´s M-Class (Infinity , Summit , Millineum and Constellation) have family oceanview staterooms which accomodate 5 very nicely , and they have huge balconies too.

I believe the Solstice class has the same , although I have never been in one.

Kim

We booked one of the FV cabins on our upcoming trip on Celebrity but it did cost more than two connecting balcony rooms (about 10-15% more).

Sorry cannot help, OP -- I know you had already costed out 2 rooms and thought it was high.

We sailed on Carnival Victory with five in a cabin - twice. (Carnival Triumph and Carnival Destiny are similar ships.) DH and I had the beds pushed together to make a queen-size bed, son #1 had the sofabed, son #2 had the pull-down bunk, and son #3 had a rollaway cot. We booked a balcony cabin and found that helped with space issues - after some got dressed, they could go out on the balcony and give others some room. The bathroom was a decent size by cruise ship standards and for us having only one bathroom wasn't an issue - we have only one full bath in our home. And if it is a problem, there are also showers in the gym area.

We just did the NCL Sky for a weekend cruise a couple of weeks ago. We had the DS(5) and DD(2) and a niece(12) along. Two bunks on the wall for the niece and DS, then mom, dad and DD on the two beds pushed together. It was tight but we made it work. The Sky offers 3,4 and if you combine them on a B2B it's seven nights. We got an incredible deal for the 5 of us. Under $900 for 5 on a three night.

We had a blast as we jam packed our days and just crashed at night.

Archived