Please give me your thoughts on the Triumph.

Riley's Mom

I am getting ready to book our next cruise going out of New Orleans next year on the Triumph. The last three Carnival ships we have sailed on were in the Conquest class. Will we be disappointed with this smaller ship?

Would love to hear from anyone who has sailed on her and your thoughts.

Thanks, Carla

Triumph class is very close in size to Conquest class, so Im not sure how this would be a dissapointment, no pay restaurant, but much is the same as Conquest class. I was surprised to find out OVs only on decks 1 and 2, the rest seem to be balconies higher up.

Spirit and Fantasy class are the two smaller classes of ships.

I do tend to cruise for the ship first ans itinerary second. I did notice that this ship is a little smaller than the Conquest or Liberty.

We will be booking the Spa deck balcony cabins so they should be the same size as the Conquest or Liberty.

Also, can't wait to visit New Orleans. Have never gone and always wanted to.

Carla

We also sailed Triumph twice and Victory (sister ship) once. We picked them for the great price each time. We enjoy every cruise and had a great time on the Triumph. Only problem is those darn decks (3 and 4, I think) that don't go all the way through. The first cruise we got trapped several times, but you get used to it.

Hey Carla, we are sailing right after you on May 8, 2010. Are you planning to get into town a day or two early to have fun in the Big Easy? Bring your appetite. We have the best food and lots of friendly people down here. Hope y'all have a great time and a fun cruise.

I want to cruise from NOLA. I don't care what the ship is... it would be really nice to travel the river the entire way in daylight, but sadly that is not the way it ususally is.

Then you would have to travel in July but the sun would still set before you reach the mouth. Most ships depart NOLA at 4pm and reach the Gulf around 10-11pm depending on traffic.

Dave

I am getting ready to book our next cruise going out of New Orleans next year on the Triumph. The last three Carnival ships we have sailed on were in the Conquest class. Will we be disappointed with this smaller ship?

Would love to hear from anyone who has sailed on her and your thoughts.

Thanks' date=' Carla[/quote']

Carla, my DW and I sailed on the Triump in May 2007, 7-day Western Carib out of Miami. We had a wonderul time, greatly enjoyed the ship and would sail on her again in a heartbeat. That was the biggest ship we have ever been on and it seemed huge to us; and it was our first experience with a balcony cabin.

We are on the Liberty next month and looking forward to that trip also! While I think it is a bit larger I don't think the size is really that important to us?

As to New Orleans, would be curious as to your thoughts after you have been there? We were there for a business conference just prior to Katrina. Not impressed at all and would most likely never go back.

Thanks for the imput!! I'm sailing on the Triumph in March 2010. While this is my 10th cruise, it's going to be the first for my cabinmate.

We picked this cruise because it's a short one (I prefer cruises ten days or longer, but my cabinmate wants a short one for her first), we can fly down and return by train and we are going with a local radio station so the deposit was under $50!!

I'm wondering is the Triumph the same class as the Miracle??

We requested late dining so which dining room will we be in?

Thanks!!

Carnival Cruises

Fascination --3 day cruise 2001 My first cruise!!!

Miracle --7 day cruise 2006

Fantasy -- My 5 day to 7 day swine flu cruise 2009

Triumph -- 5 day cruise--The first year of two cruises!!!

Thanks for the imput!! I'm sailing on the Triumph in March 2010. While this is my 10th cruise, it's going to be the first for my cabinmate.

We picked this cruise because it's a short one (I prefer cruises ten days or longer, but my cabinmate wants a short one for her first), we can fly down and return by train and we are going with a local radio station so the deposit was under $50!!

Thanks!!

Carnival Cruises

Triumph is its own caategory, Triumph category, just under the Conquest class size... nice sized ship. Bigger than the ones you have listed you have been on so far.

Thanks!!

Carnival Cruises

The Triumph is definitely bigger then the Miracle. The Triumph and Victory are basicly the same.

My wife and I sailed on the Triumph for our Honeymoon in 2007. It was our first cruise and it was a wonderful ship! The lido deck bars (there are 2) were our favorite spot. There was always plenty of night life up there!

Enjoy! Don't forget to look for the "hidden door" I have heard so much about. I never personaly found it, but it would have been cool to see directly out in front of the ship!

Hi there! Our first cruise was on the Triumph! We loved her! We had an awesome time! Beautiful ship - loved the lay out! Staff was very friendly. Gosh I could go on and on!

Our second cruise was on RC's Mariner of the Seas - a bigger, newer ship - but it wasn't as fun as the Triumph! :(

Next cruise.... Carnival Dream!!! Can't wait to be on Carnival again!!!

Hi, Carla!

How are you? We were on the VOS with you 4/08. Wasn't that a great cruise? We have a cruise booked on the Triumph 4/3/10 and we can't wait. We wanted to go to the Bahamas. We are kind of tired of Cozumel. I have been trying to start a roll call but no one has responded. So I guess we are the only ones going. Some of the cruisers that we went with on the VOS are going on the Triumph 5/1/10. We couldn't go then because of my husband's job. It would have cost less then but we couldn't do it.

Have fun on your cruise!

Just got off the Triumph. This was my second time cruising her. She looks just as good, if not better, than the first time I sailed on her. Don't know how they do that!

By the time you sail, they will probably have anytime dining. This cruise, they served both 6:00 and 8:15 seatings in the Paris, not sure if the London also served both as we were in Paris.

The secret deck is awesome! There is one on Deck 9. Just go all the way to the front of the ship, and between the cabin doors, there is a door that I think warns you about the wind or something. We were out there for sailaway. Great view!!!!

She doesn't seem very small when you're trying to get from one place to another, or when you're standing in port looking up at her.

I printed out the deck plans of all but the cabins-only decks and carried them around for the first 2 days 'til we got used to the "can't get there from here" decks 3 & 4. We still got trapped once or twice after that, but usually one of us would remember the layout.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived