Where do you stay in Seatle prior to cruise?

Sailkeywest

For those of you who arrive the day before your cruise departure, where do you stay? I was looking at 'Inn at the Market' because we want to visit Pikes Place for wine/flowers prior to our cruise. Any other suggestions?

Thank You for any information, as always :)

For those of you who arrive the day before your cruise departure, where do you stay? I was looking at 'Inn at the Market' because we want to visit Pikes Place for wine/flowers prior to our cruise. Any other suggestions?

We stayed at the Silver Cloud stadium. They are right next to Safeco/Qwest fields and have a free shuttle to the pier or anywhere else you need to go except the airport.

They do not have a shuttle from the airport either.

They had a great internet price.

There is a brewery accross the street, and its about 1 mile south of Pike Market.

Stayed at the Sheraton downtown (via Priceline)...great

location...two blocks from Metro station to Space Needle,

6 blocks (almost flat blocks) to Pike Place Market, and

3 blocks to a CVS and supermarket for wine. The

hop on/hop off bus stops there if you have time for a

tour.

Barbara

We stayed at the Sheraton hotel pre-cruise and loved it. It was only 4 or 5 blocks to Pike's Market. We are thinking of another cruise to Alaska next year and will stay there again.

We stayed at the W hotel post-cruise and it was very nice as well. They offer the Acura experence where they will drop you off within a mile or 2.

That being said we still like the Sheraton better.

TMT

We stayed at the Red Lion on 5th and would definitely stay there again. The beds are wonderful and there is free wi-fi in your room. We had a beautiful view of the sound and even parts of Pike's Market, which is an easy (and flat) walk. We purchased the Cruise and Park package online and were taken to Pier 91 in a Town Car. Right now we are sitting on the Star Princess waiting to disembark - we will get a taxi back to the hotel to pick up our car and then be on our way. :)

Maria

Another vote for the Sheraton downtown. Very clean and well-maintained. Easy access to restaurants, the waterfront and Pike Market. Snagged it on Priceline and we were very pleased.

I agree with an above poster - you might want to check out the West coast departures board. Lots of great advice on Seattle and hotels. Tripadvisor is an excellent resource too once you have a hotel or two in mind.

Just being a smart a$$....I stay at my house:D

Depending on when you come to Seattle, the Hilton at the airport will be a great location ...as it will be right across the street from our light rail system and for $2.50 you can take light right right into the city....(the airport station will open Dec '09) and there is an overpass with elevator to get you/your luggage across the street.....right now the last two miles are not complete to the airport.

Light rails takes you right into the city to Nordstoms, Westlake Center and Macy's, the monorail that take on to the Seattle Center and Space Needle and a slight walk to Pike Place Market, or use the hop on hop off buses for free.

Right now the light rails out of the city stops at the Tukwila Station and then transfer passenger going to the airport by bus to the airport ...no additional cost(so from Seattle to the airport, it will be $2.50)...

Just being a smart a$$....I stay at my house:D

Depending on when you come to Seattle, the Hilton at the airport will be a great location ...as it will be right across the street from our light rail system and for $2.50 you can take light right right into the city....(the airport station will open Dec '09) and there is an overpass with elevator to get you/your luggage across the street.....right now the last two miles are not complete to the airport.

Light rails takes you right into the city to Nordstoms, Westlake Center and Macy's, the monorail that take on to the Seattle Center and Space Needle and a slight walk to Pike Place Market, or use the hop on hop off buses for free.

Right now the light rails out of the city stops at the Tukwila Station and then transfer passenger going to the airport by bus to the airport ...no additional cost(so from Seattle to the airport, it will be $2.50)...

I had heard about the new light rail system and it sounds like a great option for getting into the city. Can you tell me if any of the hotels are near a stop? Or will the only stops downtown be at the malls? I guess any hotel within walking distance of Westlake Center may be considered the closest?

We stayed at the Pan Pacific. The ship docks there and the morning of embarkation, we walked out of the motel and onto the ship. Bags were handled for us by the motel to the ship...WAY cool:cool:

We stayed at the Pan Pacific. The ship docks there and the morning of embarkation, we walked out of the motel and onto the ship. Bags were handled for us by the motel to the ship...WAY cool:cool:

There is a Pan Pacific in Seattle, but the one you are talking about is in Vancouver at Canada Place.:eek:

In Seattle you would still need to take a taxi to the port.

There is a Pan Pacific in Seattle, but the one you are talking about is in Vancouver at Canada Place.:eek:

In Seattle you would still need to take a taxi to the port.

I am such an idiot!:eek: Thank you for the correction. DW says I don't know how to read at times:D.

I had heard about the new light rail system and it sounds like a great option for getting into the city. Can you tell me if any of the hotels are near a stop? Or will the only stops downtown be at the malls? I guess any hotel within walking distance of Westlake Center may be considered the closest?

The Westin in Seattle (shorter cab ride to the pier) is just down the block from the transit elevator which brings you/luggage up to street level (Pine St)...the escalator brings you up to 5th Ave

Archived