DBA is dancing again! (How it works with Express Docs)

DutchByAssociation

My TA sent me a letter confirming that HAL is going to only e-documents 9/25/09, except for World and Grand Voyages. However, they also offered to print them out for me and mail them to me if I just ask. I only need to have entered the required documentation information in the HAL computer system first.

What do the printed-out luggage tags look like? They can't be very sturdy if they're printed on regular printer paper.
You fold an 8.5x11 sheet lengthwise into thirds, and then in half, so at the fold they're 3-ply. If you put a blank sheet in back before folding they're 6-ply. :)

DBA, I will be interested in how you like the Zaandam since I had mentioned to you about a month ago we are taking her for the Circle Hawaii cruise next year. Have a great time.

Bob

If you followed the recent Amsterdam and Westerdam photo features I've had, I plan to have something like that on the blog after my return. Of course, I might not be able to get a lot of the various stateroom categories since there will be a sailing underway and it's not a tour, but I typically run around like a mad man once I get onboard.

I'll ask again and hope someone can/will answer.

Is there any reason or need to print anything more than the boarding pass we now print? We can get luggage tags at the doc and with the boarding pass, isn't that all we really need?

DBA... I really would like to know about this. Thank you if you have/share the response.

I'll ask again and hope someone can/will answer.

Is there any reason or need to print anything more than the boarding pass we now print? We can get luggage tags at the doc and with the boarding pass, isn't that all we really need?

DBA... I really would like to know about this. Thank you if you have/share the response.

The rest of the paperwork includes the itinerary which some people might like to give to friends, guidelines for dress, etc which can be a quick reference to bring with you, and so forth. For newer cruisers, it wouldn't HURT to bring it, but if you know exactly what to expect once onboard just the first page (and possibly some luggage tags if you personally feel there is a need before the dock) is all you need.

:confused:

So, the answer is all we really NEED is the boarding pass that we currently print now?

The dress code for the whole cruise will be printed on the first day's program, day by day listing the itinerary. I'm not concerned with family and wardrobe and misc needs.

I'm trying to determine if HAL/the port will require anything of us aside from proper ID, credit card if on board expenses will be settled by charge card and our boarding pass. If all we print is the boarding pass, is that all we need for boarding?

Thank you.

The only thing you really need is your passport (well us Aussies do) but of course you really should bring your printed boarding pass. Our docs never arrived last December and I printed out the boarding pass and onboard spending info and that is it. One page double sided. They had luggage tags at the pier which we filled out over a cocktail at the pier hotel.

I don't even think they did anything with our boarding pass except look at it and hand it back.

I don't even think they did anything with our boarding pass except look at it and hand it back.

They just read the booking number. If you can tell them that, you don't even need the boarding pass. (DD couldn't find hers at the check-in desk, but knew her booking number.)

I reallylike the idea of laminating or taping the tags but you cant do that if you don't have a room number.....
Use tape, and don't cover that line until you have a room number. :) Or just wait as long as you can before laminating them.

Personally, I don't think either are necessary. If you really think a tag can't survive from the terminal to your cabin, put 2 or 3 on each bag! :)

DBA:
I'm not asking the following question about the minimum documentation with which one could board a HAL cruise because I have any intention of arriving at the dock that way, but so that if I should leave something at home a thousand miles away, I shan't have to return there to get it unnecessarily.
If someone showed up claiming to be a theft victim with nothing more than a passport and tear stains on his cheeks and he had at least fifty Mariner days and several booked and paid for excursions to demonstrate that he had at least very recently had a valid credit card, would he need anything else in order to board, assuming that there was nothing suspicious about him?
Am I correct that if the cruise involves a foreign port, they couldn't take him without a passport even if they wanted to take him?

Archived