balcony glass question

alkotik

On our last cruise on Pearl we tried a balcony cabin on 9th dec for the first time. It was great but I was a little disappointed that when you sit you can not actually see through the glass railings because it was all covered with sea salt. Is it normal? Should we have asked to clean it? Would a higher dec be better?

The ship has a fresh water wash down capability for the balcony cabins, but they of course don't want to do that when you are on the balcony or the balcony doors are open. I don't know how many times per cruise that they run the wash down, but you will get salt spray every day if there are any waves to speak of.

Deck 11 has the same issue.....yes.... ask to have it cleaned....or as we did....brought some of those new Windex wipes and did it ourselves when it needed it.

Chuck

WOW.. how tall are you? How did you clean them and keep from falling overboard by being bent over the railing? That would scare me to death.

Hi, we're on the NCL Jewel 10-30-09, 11th Deck. First time on NCL. Are there glass enclosures we can see through or just metal and we need to look above? Is there an 'overhang', so if its raining, we can still use our balcony?We can bring windex to clear the glass, no biggie.

Thanks in advance.

I've cleaned them myself by taking a hand towel, wetting it down and then hang it over the side and slide along the glass. It does a fairly good job.

I'm too short (5'1") to try to reach over. They'd have to put out a headline, "Short, fat woman from Ohio falls overboard," if I tried to clean it that way.

Hmm...then again you could bring a little dish mob....they are about 12 inches long with foam on the end .

In Toronto we have the emergence of gangs, with guns. I wonder what would happen if we countered them with a little dish mob?

Sort of a Sharks / Jets thing, I expect! ;)

Cleaning them yourself with a wet towel hung over and slid along works fine, and it is very common and depends a great deal on the weather and sea conditions on how bad it gets during your cruise, they clean the balconys with the water sray thing in MOST ports they cannot of course clean them at sea. You will notice as soon as you make port they will be out there cleaning and painting etc.

Archived