What's VIP pool seating?

cruisewish

I saw this listed under the Suite Enhancement program. Where is it and how do you find it? I read that it's available on Voyager-class ships (we're on the Mariner) so it should be there somewhere....right?

The area of chairs that are between deck 11 & 12,the ones that rise up on angle towards the sky bar, are designated for suite passengers only.

I wonder if any of the suite passengers would be embarrassed to sit in this area. It seems a little pretentious. Maybe I just have suite envy.:(

Absolutely not. One of the many reasons people pay more for suites is the ability to avoid some crowds and lines. Let's put it another way, on Freedom class ships they have a Diamond Club Lounge just for Diamonds. That is in an area that on a Voyager class ship is a PUBLIC area. Think any Diamond members feel guilty about using that public space? Of course not!

Absolutely not. One of the many reasons people pay more for suites is the ability to avoid some crowds and lines. Let's put it another way, on Freedom class ships they have a Diamond Club Lounge just for Diamonds. That is in an area that on a Voyager class ship is a PUBLIC area. Think any Diamond members feel guilty about using that public space? Of course not!

a couple of suite guests told us they sat elsewhere because they did not like the reserved section(their right) but this left fewer seats for us common folk plus suite guest who where friends with the common folk could not bring their friends with them to the reserved area

a couple of suite guests told us they sat elsewhere because they did not like the reserved section(their right) but this left fewer seats for us common folk plus suite guest who where friends with the common folk could not bring their friends with them to the reserved area

Solution - Give the suite guests pool chairs located in a better location!:D

I am about as 'common folk" as you can get - DH a maintenance worker in a paper mill and myself upper management in a police department. We aren't made of money - new or old :D. If you think your public servants get paid well, please realize that the guys that work with my husband making paper bags make way more per hour than I do. Also, since I must fly to nearly every port, I save my money and don't take a cruise as often as folks who can drive. However, when I go, I want a nice vacation. Will you see me sitting in the "snobs only section" of the pool deck. Perhaps if it is in a good area. Will I be embarassed? Nope. Heck, I don't have a grudge against people who choose to pay top dollar for that extra space in the plane including good food and free drinks. Please don't have a grudge against me for splurging for our 25th anniversary in style. The suite perks helped make up my mind to book the GS to make it just maybe a little more special for our special time. My biggest fear however is if I can ever force myself into "just a balcony" room:eek:

I am about as 'common folk" as you can get - DH a maintenance worker in a paper mill and myself upper management in a police department. We aren't made of money - new or old :D. If you think your public servants get paid well, please realize that the guys that work with my husband making paper bags make way more per hour than I do. Also, since I must fly to nearly every port, I save my money and don't take a cruise as often as folks who can drive. However, when I go, I want a nice vacation. Will you see me sitting in the "snobs only section" of the pool deck. Perhaps if it is in a good area. Will I be embarassed? Nope. Heck, I don't have a grudge against people who choose to pay top dollar for that extra space in the plane including good food and free drinks. Please don't have a grudge against me for splurging for our 25th anniversary in style. The suite perks helped make up my mind to book the GS to make it just maybe a little more special for our special time. My biggest fear however is if I can ever force myself into "just a balcony" room:eek:

I certainly would not hold a grudge.

on Freedom class ships they have a Diamond Club Lounge just for Diamonds. That is in an area that on a Voyager class ship is a PUBLIC area. Think any Diamond members feel guilty about using that public space? Of course not!

This is actually a very good point. This may stop some of this reserved pool chair bickering. One point I have read over an over is the whole 'public space' theory.

Those overflow longes for diamonds are for sure-public spaces too!! :eek:

This is actually a very good point. This may stop some of this reserved pool chair bickering. One point I have read over an over is the whole 'public space' theory.

Those overflow longes for diamonds are for sure-public spaces too!! :eek:

Excellent point. Hadn't thought of that comparison.

I will have the opportunity to enjoy these "Suite Seats" on my upcoming AOS B2B in March :rolleyes: - it will be the first time, and I am not 100% sure how I feel about it. Yes, we are paying a small fortune to have the pleasure of living in a Grand Suite for 2 weeks, but the part I am not sure about, is whether or not I need everyone knowing about it! :o

I was on the Freedom a few weeks ago, and often looked over at the roped off area for suite guests on sea days.....and lo and behold, 90% of those seats were empty the whole day! I think what really bugged me about it was that there were so many other passengers walking around looking for good poolside seating and couldn't find it......while those seats remained empty......

I couldn't help but think if those seats were still empty by noon on a sea day - they should have released them to anyone wanting to use them. I realize that isn't going to happen.....just a thought.

The area of chairs that are between deck 11 & 12,the ones that rise up on angle towards the sky bar, are designated for suite passengers only.

Yep this is where they were located on the Mariner last week. Thery are in the sun. I believe there was only 3 small rows...it was really no big deal........that ship is not lacking in lounge chairs in the sun or the shade........

I will have the opportunity to enjoy these "Suite Seats" on my upcoming AOS B2B in March :rolleyes: - it will be the first time, and I am not 100% sure how I feel about it. Yes, we are paying a small fortune to have the pleasure of living in a Grand Suite for 2 weeks, but the part I am not sure about, is whether or not I need everyone knowing about it! :o

I was on the Freedom a few weeks ago, and often looked over at the roped off area for suite guests on sea days.....and lo and behold, 90% of those seats were empty the whole day! I think what really bugged me about it was that there were so many other passengers walking around looking for good poolside seating and couldn't find it......while those seats remained empty......

I couldn't help but think if those seats were still empty by noon on a sea day - they should have released them to anyone wanting to use them. I realize that isn't going to happen.....just a thought.

A "perk" of having reserved seats for suite guests is that you can show up at 1:30 in the afternoon if you wish and there will be a seat waiting for you. ;) Releasing the seats at noon would kinda do away with that "perk".

I really think these extra perks are long overdue for the high prices that are paid for suites. And I am a person who sails non-suite more than I sail with a suite. (Have only had suites twice). I just don't understand "suite envy". If you want suite perks, book a suite. If you don't want to throw away all that money for a suite, simply enjoy all that the ship has to offer for non-suite passengers.......:)

When I first heard about this, I did not like the idea, but I they did a great job in picking the location. As mentioned, the reserved section (on the Liberty, anyway) is on the tiered layers between deck 11 and 12, right in front of the skybar. There are no reserved seats right on the pool deck level. It's a full sun area, and not too far from the pool.

After having sailed on the Liberty, with 2 sea days in blistering heat, I don't have a problem with these seats as there was never a problem finding a few chairs at any time, even right on the pool deck.

Those are my favorite seats as we like to stay out of the action. Now I am disappointed. Hubby will not like that at all. We have saved for 2 years for LOS cruise. We never sit near the pool. Too many people to deal with. We usually sit on the one of the upper decks out of the way. Now we won't be able to sit where we loved to.

Those are my favorite seats as we like to stay out of the action. Now I am disappointed. Hubby will not like that at all. We have saved for 2 years for LOS cruise. We never sit near the pool. Too many people to deal with. We usually sit on the one of the upper decks out of the way. Now we won't be able to sit where we loved to.

There is plenty of room up there............

Archived