Ruby Handicap cabin

DRW

I'm not going to be snarky here, but I do hope you are wheelchair bound if you're booking the handicapped cabin. :(

I'm mobility challenged and have a government issued handicapped id, and would benefit enormously from the handicapped washroom, but even I leave these cabins for the folks that need the extra room to get their wheelchairs through the door.

I was repulsed on a recent cruise by a man who boasted of using the 50% decrease of hearing in ONE ear as grounds for booking a handicapped cabin. :mad:

Booked in D-703 looking for any info on handicap cabin?

There is a board on this site for disabilities cruising. One of us there might have been in this cabin, and can offer some opinions.

Do you a have specific questions, such as how the cabin might meet your needs as a disabled person, or are you wanting to know how different it might be from a regular cabin that you're used to?

Please know that not all individuals with a handicap cabin require a wheelchair. My mother has suffered long and hard with osteoporosis and arthritis for years with multiple joint replacements. While she can walk and does not need a chair, she is unable to use a restroom in a standard cabin. She requires handicap bars and is unable to step up.

Also, my husband has Parkinson's, and while he can walk, he again needs a handicap a restroom and area large enough to walk and turn. Things are not always the way they appear. Please dont judge. We would gladly give up a handecap cabin for good health. As for the hearing impaired person, all I can say is shame.

Sometimes Princess puts you in a handicap room even though you do not need it. This happened to us last year, we booked a BG gty. and were assigned a handicap room. I can only assume there were no request for the room and they wanted to occupy all rooms.

Archived