Price drops for new bookings?

CanWeGoYet?

I've been watching a few short cruises for early december, planning to go with a friend to celebrate her milestone birthday. Today all the ES prices dropped off, just learned they pull the ES rates 3 months prior to the cruise. :( She had been working on child care arrangements & just about had that worked out when the great rates disappeared today.

There look to still be lots of penthouse suites available or aft wrap cabins on the cruises we were considering. Does Carnival have a day of the week where they offer specials for new bookings only? I know Celebrity has the tuesday specials - anything comparable for Carnival? I wish we could have booked in time to take advantage of the ES rates, but they are all gone for us now.

Happened to me too. I have triumph Dec 7th, and they had a great rate I didnt see until after my PVP went home Dec 8th. Rate dropped off at midnight ..up to 3 categories above me same price as my port hole cabin. We were wanting to move to a Modified Handicapped cabin for the same price, but she couldnt get me the price the next day (yesterday).

That price was only for part of the one day and for those tracking prices with a program. If your price is sold out, and the prices above you drop, of course the program is worthless if you arent watching yourself.

Best bet is to monitor their website. The change things several times a day......

Apparnatly once ES is gone its gone. Had I guessed that midnight on Sept 8th it would dissapear for Dec 7th cruise, I would have jumped faster. Sometimes it lingers for a few days, sometimes they cut it off early.

Now I have to hope they put out a different discount.

In fact it dissapeard while I was looking at it, I was up past midnight and thought it was just a temporary quirk and would show again. There and then I clicked again and it was gone.

I think the ES rates disappear as a function of popularity of the rate, season or somebody's whim. I originally booked the Conquest for Dec 20 on Aug 13 and no ES rate was available. I decided to change to the Triumph for Dec 19 on Aug 26 and no ES rate was available there either. Those definitely fall outside the 3 month theory.

I've been watching a few short cruises for early december, planning to go with a friend to celebrate her milestone birthday. Today all the ES prices dropped off, just learned they pull the ES rates 3 months prior to the cruise. :( She had been working on child care arrangements & just about had that worked out when the great rates disappeared today.

There look to still be lots of penthouse suites available or aft wrap cabins on the cruises we were considering. Does Carnival have a day of the week where they offer specials for new bookings only? I know Celebrity has the tuesday specials - anything comparable for Carnival? I wish we could have booked in time to take advantage of the ES rates, but they are all gone for us now.

I am pretty sure I read on some travel website that Carnival has specials on Wednesdays. However, I don't think it is off the price of the cruise, I think it is usually onboard credit. I think it had said RCCL has specials on Tues and Wed.

I think the ES rates disappear as a function of popularity of the rate, season or somebody's whim. I originally booked the Conquest for Dec 20 on Aug 13 and no ES rate was available. I decided to change to the Triumph for Dec 19 on Aug 26 and no ES rate was available there either. Those definitely fall outside the 3 month theory.

The 7 day cruises dissapear at the 5 month mark.

Bill

To get the ES rate you have to book the cruise at least 5 months prior to the sailing date. This information came from a TA when we were undecided about the cruise. He let us know exactly how many days we had to make up our minds and to get the ES rate.

To get the ES rate you have to book the cruise at least 5 months prior to the sailing date. This information came from a TA when we were undecided about the cruise. He let us know exactly how many days we had to make up our minds and to get the ES rate.

and 3 months for the shorter cruises.:)

Bill

I am pretty sure I read on some travel website that Carnival has specials on Wednesdays. However, I don't think it is off the price of the cruise, I think it is usually onboard credit. I think it had said RCCL has specials on Tues and Wed.

Wednesdays pack n go specials come out on Carnival. Almost always within the next month or less. Very last minute.

RCL's specials are also last minute that come out on Tuesday.

Neither is onboard credit.

Wednesdays pack n go specials come out on Carnival. Almost always within the next month or less. Very last minute.

RCL's specials are also last minute that come out on Tuesday.

Neither is onboard credit.

Could you elaborate? I was going to book a carnival cruise for 10/10/09, should I wait until next wednesday just to see if something appears? This past Tuesday was nothing, yesterday there was a free upgrade and today is nothing through carnival.com. Yet if you go through orbitz it has an upgrade at all times for the same price.

Could you elaborate? I was going to book a carnival cruise for 10/10/09, should I wait until next wednesday just to see if something appears? This past Tuesday was nothing, yesterday there was a free upgrade and today is nothing through carnival.com. Yet if you go through orbitz it has an upgrade at all times for the same price.

Click on the link for specials.

http://www.carnival.com//cms/fun/specials/packandgo.aspx?icid=BSpecialshomepagepackngo2?ciid=718&cachename=advertising&PageGroupId=221&url=%2fcms%2ffun%2fspecials%2fpackandgo.aspx%3ficid%3dBSpecialshomepagepackngo2

these last until they are either sold out or end on friday.

they come out every wednesday. I cant say they would have one for your ship or sailing.

As far as the free upgrade, you have to do a advanced search on the carnival site to see past guest, senior or resident rates... if you are seeing it on another TA site, its also on the carnival site.

(you mentioned tuesday, tuesday is RCL specials day). Carnival does them on wednesdays. I only see three for last wednesday listed, some wednesdays there are more, as many as around 10ish.

Click on the link for specials.

http://www.carnival.com//cms/fun/specials/packandgo.aspx?icid=BSpecialshomepagepackngo2?ciid=718&cachename=advertising&PageGroupId=221&url=%2fcms%2ffun%2fspecials%2fpackandgo.aspx%3ficid%3dBSpecialshomepagepackngo2

these last until they are either sold out or end on friday.

they come out every wednesday. I cant say they would have one for your ship or sailing.

As far as the free upgrade, you have to do a advanced search on the carnival site to see past guest, senior or resident rates... if you are seeing it on another TA site, its also on the carnival site.

(you mentioned tuesday, tuesday is RCL specials day). Carnival does them on wednesdays. I only see three for last wednesday listed, some wednesdays there are more, as many as around 10ish.

Thanks! I checked the link and they list the Legend at $379, that's not any kind of a special as it's been that price for a couple of months. Stupid carnival marketing, lol

I know! What's interesting was I saw the cruise I want, 7 nights on the Carnival Liberty in Oct change rapidly. Inside Cabin with the early saver $329, I MAY of saw $309, it then jumped as high as $489, remain pretty stable around $459 for a long time and for the past few weeks it's been $409...

Check on the resident rates!

Check on the resident rates!

I've been watching, so far nothing. I have found a couple past passenger rates. Thanks for the all the info from everyone - I don't think the pack & go will help us since we have to buy airline tickets. By the time they may post for the cruises we want, airfare will wipe out any savings on cruise fare we could get.

Check right after final payment. If the ship is not selling as quickly as Carnival would prefer they really discount them then. Our recent Elation sailing dropped by $50/person right after final payment. Also, our Valor sailing dropped about $175/person right after final payment. That might help you out a bit.

Archived