corkage for 1.5 liter wine

Radelle

I've been looking for an answer to this and have not been able to find it.

I know the corkage fee is $15 for a 750ml bottle of wine. I have been buying a particular wine for some time. They sell it in the double size and I figured I'd bring a bottle or two, for a ten day cruise, cause I like the taste and it's a lot cheaper than what NCL offers.

But is the corkage fee higher for the larger bottle or is it $15 regardless of size?

Thanks

I know the corkage fee is $15 for a 750ml bottle of wine. I have been buying a particular wine for some time. They sell it in the double size and I figured I'd bring a bottle or two, for a ten day cruise, cause I like the taste and it's a lot cheaper than what NCL offers.

But is the corkage fee higher for the larger bottle or is it $15 regardless of size?

Thanks

Yes, the fee is higher. I brought a double bottle of wine on a recent cruise and the fee was $30.

Thanks

I think it is a hit and miss. We took 1-750ml and larger and they only charged us the $15 fee for both. I did not pull them out of the backpack all the way so they might have just thought it was the smaller one.

Hubby brought a 1.5L on our last cruise and paid nothing. We stayed in Miami prior to the cruise and he came upon a wine he wanted to try. He put it in his carryon but at the pier the luggage guys insisted on taking his bag. He forgot the wine was in there and was surprised that it got delivered to our room and not held in the naughty room. Luckily the bottle didnt break in the bag. Someone we knew across the hall at a wine opener..so he was all set. :)

Thanks

On a cruise in Hawaii I was charged $15 for the larger bottle because the young man at the "pay corkage fee desk" couldn't figure out how many liters the bottle held. It is actually supposed to be $15 per liter of wine. He put a "corkage fee" sticker on the bottle so that you can take it to dinner with you. They will store it for you to use until it is gone.

I know people that bring lots of 2 buck chuck and figure that even with the $15 / bottle it is cheaper than the lowest price NCL wine.

Have fun!

Ruth ;)

I understand that you are not allowed to bring outside booze onto the ship. You might want to double check with NCL, as they may take the bottle when you board.

Wrong. Very wrong.

You are able to bring wine aboard and pay a corkage fee of $15 per 750ml. It SHOULD be more for larger bottles. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. And even sometimes no charge.

Box wine is supposedly not allowed, but others have said they took them with no problem. Worth a shot in my book.

Don't bother calling NCL, as you might get any kind of answer, like the unknowing poster above.

I just got back from the Baltics cruise on the Jewel this week. On boarding at the start of the cruise I wanted to pay corkage. There was no table to pay corkage. I asked at reception, I asked the greeters as I came on board and I asked the guys taking orders for pre paid wine. The answers I got were blank looks or told if I had wine it would be confiscated.

I just got back from the Baltics cruise on the Jewel this week. On boarding at the start of the cruise I wanted to pay corkage. There was no table to pay corkage. I asked at reception, I asked the greeters as I came on board and I asked the guys taking orders for pre paid wine. The answers I got were blank looks or told if I had wine it would be confiscated.

So, I assume you just drank your wine without a problem?

I took 2 750 liters and 2 1.5 liters on board the Pearl in October and was charged $15 for each regardless of the size. Based on various posts across the NCL boards, it seems to depend on who is taking up the money and handing out the corkage stickers.

Carole

No one needs to respond to this post!!

It was my "understanding" of what I had read on page 8 of the "Welcome Aboard"... "Important Note: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board."

I did say in my post, they might want to double check with NCL.

My information was not wrong!!! It was my interpretation of what is in print, and issued by NCL.

I'm glad Radalle was able to obtain the information that they were looking for, by others that posted on the board.

Radalle - have a wonderful cruise!

I wouldn't blame you anyway, NCL states "no alcohol" but doesn't mean for that to include wine. They are wrong, but I'm glad they do allow wine to be brought on. It's good that OP has the correct info now though.

I would, of course, prefer it to be free if you consume it in your cabin, but the way I see it is that it's their ship and they can make the rules. If I don't like them I can go elsewhere.

One thing I read on another recent post that I hadn't realized in reading hundreds of other posts on the topic, is that if you like to partake in a bottle of wine by the pool when you board the selection is very limited at first as the 'cellar' is not open yet or something to that effect. I could be wrong of course, but I'm going to bring a little bit onboard with me just in case.

Thanks for the information. I knew I would get the answer I was looking for.

And hatetotan, thank you very much for your kind wishes for my cruise.

Now that I know I can bring my favorite wine with me, I'm sure I will have a very good time.

That's how rumors get started.....

You are so right. And, if you call NCL they will probably tell you that you can not bring wine as well. And they will probably tell you that you can not bring soda or water.

Anyone that has read more than a few days worth of postings here knows better.

As I said to my friend who was into bestiality, necrophilia and S&M...you're beating a dead horse.

Yes you can bring wine and chapmagne aboard for a fee of $15/750mL bottle. You're right, anyone who has read the postings here knows that. Anyone who has more than a cursory acquaintance with the "Search" button can figure it out too.

If you read this thread carefully, you'll also know that hatetotan has been so thoroughly chastised that he'll probably never post again. This would be a loss to the helpful spirit of these boards.

Next, there'll be a disclaimer on every posting.

Warning: Content may not be 100% factual.

LIGHTEN UP.

p.s. In re-reading this thread, it seems that there may have been some editing done...in the form of at least one of my posts and at least one of hatetotan's posts having been removed

Pardon my paranoia, but welcome to the other side of the iron curtain...

Yes, I did notice quite a few posts have been eliminated, PitCritter.

I doubt this is the last of this tread. For instance on the NCL.com Q&A you wouldn't believe how many have asked if there are hairdryers in the rooms.

For those that want to take wine, soda, water, whatever...go ahead. If you have to pay....pay. If it doesn't make it onto the ship...oh well.

Can we please be done with this? Would the person that removed a number of posts, please close this thread!! Obviously, you can control what is being posted in a public forum.

Archived