corkage for 1.5 liter wine

Radelle

couldn't figure out how many liters the bottle held. It is actually supposed to be $15 per liter of wine.

Ruth ;)

I'm speculating you figured out by now you are incorrect. A bottle of wine is 750ml and the larger bottles are 1.5L. The corkage fee is $15 for a bottle of wine or .75L.

If you read this thread carefully, you'll also know that hatetotan has been so thoroughly chastised that he'll probably never post again. This would be a loss to the helpful spirit of these boards....

I missed the posts by "hatetotan", but decided to go look at the postings by this person. You can always do this by clicking on the members ID and then view all posts by this member. Turns out he/she had 9 posts, but NONE of them show up. With only 9 posts, and they are all missing, I don't think there will be a big loss. Just a guess and NOT an opinion of a fellow cruise critic member.

I missed the posts by "hatetotan", ... With only 9 posts, and they are all missing, I don't think there will be a big loss. .

Actually, garycarla, you have a very short memory. You did NOT miss all of hatetotan's posts, in fact you were the one most responsible for the thorough chastising.

I think I'll drop back to my longtime lurking status. I am absolutely sure that, to at least to you, this too will not be a big loss.

Garycarly - with over 8000+ posts, you'd think that you'd be able to control what you say and that what you say may inpact others, either good or bad.

Yes, I am a new poster to this board, however, I don't know where you get off saying you can't see any my posts. I do see the ones that have NOT been removed by others. I am a world traveler. You need not read anything I post! I really don't care who you are or what your opinions are. I do feel, however, you have taken a personal attack against me, and also PitCritter for noticing your chastising of me.

I find it hard to believe that my comments in answer to a question by a poster would create such activity. Get a life!!

Seeing as you are responding to one of hatetotan's posts, it seems to me that there is at least one that is visible. The fact that "Search" returns nothing is not a new occurence here.

There is a problem with searches of posts by member name not showing posts made after 8/24. There's an announcement about the problem at the top of the forum pages. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=107&a=188

It's amazing to me how two with so few posts can be that thin skinned and aggressive in their responses to posts. I've been chastised and found that there was a learning curve when I first joined. Additionally, as most know here, a newbie with so few posts are viewed cynically due to the trolls that show up in here.

Right or wrong, I guess the moral of the story is you kinda have to earn your stripes beforer you start throwing stones. Those that have been on here know which posters get fired up and which don't.

Anyway, good luck to all.

I started this thread. So I figure it's time to sum up and end this thread.

NCL allows you to bring wine onboard as long as you pay the corkage fee.

The corkage fee for a .75L bottle (the regular size) is $15.

The corkage fee for a 1.5L bottle (the double size) is $30.

Thanks to all who posted. And now, good night.

It's amazing to me how two with so few posts ...

Right or wrong, I guess the moral of the story is you kinda have to earn your stripes beforer you start throwing stones.

This is my last post in this thread.

First, I do have relatively few posts here. I actively participate in probably 6 to 10 online discussion boards. My post count overall easily tops 5000 total. I believe that qualifies me to have a feel for what is and is not appropriate in an online forum.

The bottom line is that this is a community. While it's true that all communities have members who lack a basic understanding of social and societal norms, properly functioning societies shun those individuals rather than coddling and enabling them.

Secondly, why do stripes of any variety entitle anyone to throw stones? In cases such as that of a very few posters here, I can only assume that Freud would have something very telling to say about the repressed feelings of bullies.

Certain topics come up every few days. Often the very same question is asked right on the main page. Yes, we should all be considerate of new posters who do not know enough to look at the postings already made. Sometimes it just gets the best of us. Sometimes folks provide answers that they think they understand or know, when in fact they do not. There are some very knowledgeable people here that know what NCL does better than most of the NCL staff.

Sorry if I made a flip remark. It was only meant in jest and not meant to be some slam bam, damn it maam type posting.

Sorry.

Archived