three adults in an inside room

karen327

My large 22 year old son would like to join my husband and I on a 7 night cruise on the Pearl this Nov. Due to this economy, we have booked an inside cabin. Can anyone tell me exactly how crowded it will be? Will there be adequate room to store our things? Is the pull down bed large enough for a guy who is six foot two and over two hundred pounds? He is a fun kid to travel with and we wouldn't mind him joining us, just wondering about space.

The bed should be OK...it is a twin sized bed. With three adults, you will probably want the two lower beds set up as separate twins.

Closet space will be tight...double up things on hangars. I would recommend one of those clear over-the-door shoe organizers for the bathroom door (on the outside) to hold lots of small things and your bathroom needs...there is enough space in the bathroom for two adults' stuff but I don't think three.

Remember that one of you can always use the public restrooms and / or the restroom / showers in the gym area if things turn out to be too crowded.

Have a great cruise.

Have you cruised before??? Can't tell from your post, but this question suggests you haven't??

Anyway, with an inside cabin, you will have a very small room, the square footage is posted on the NCL web site. A triple will be crowded, but the bed will "fit" your son. The width, think 3 single beds across, about it.

I don't care and have sailed in triples and quads. I am into frequent travel and saving the money. BUT, a lot of people can not tolerate it. Determine where you are on this??

It looks like you are already booked in a double?? First you might want to see if any triples are available and what the cost is going to be, if you haven't already done so.

Oh, it's gonna be crowded - that's a fact!

The thing is, it's manageable, as the only time you all need to be in there is when you are sleeping. One of you can always go for a little walk around deck while the others are getting ready for dinner or showering in the morning.

Manageing your "cabin time" is the key. Remember...lots of those Inside cabins hold FOUR people, and they make it work!

In short, don't worry about it. With a little strategic planning and advance awareness of the situation, you'll be just fine!

Just don't let anyone tell you it won't be crowded! ;)

HAVE FUN!

Usually there is not much difference, if any, in an inside or OV cabin. You would have to upgrade to a balcony ( and even then the cabin might not be much larger) or suite or family. Storage and bathroom will be the main problem with 3 sharing.

Once your DS gets into the bed, he should be fine. It will just be a little funny watching him do it (you might want to video this just for laughs and maybe youtube.com). As for the bathroom, if the three of you are planning on getting ready at the same time, DS might want to shower in the spa if that is available on your ship. I know this has come in handy for families with teen boys (doesn't work as well with most teen girls, but I guess it could for some) in the same cabin situation.

Can anyone address the spa shower access on the Pearl to verify if this could possibly work for the OP? Most other ships I've been on, there is no fee for access of the showers, but I don't know about this ship.

My family was on the Pearl this past January with three in an inside cabin. My husband - 6'2" and 200+ lbs even slept in the pull down one night, so I can guarantee that your son will be able to as well. :)

We almost exclusively book inside cabins. We like having money for other things and we're never there. With three adult-sized individuals (our daughter is 5'5 1/2" at the moment (and was maybe a 1/2" shorter in January), it absolutely can feel crowded when you're all there 'up' at the same time. Generally, though, if you're anything like us, anytime all three of you are out of bed but still in the cabin, one of you will likely be in the shower. Otherwise, someone might still be in bed, or already up on deck, etc.

Our daughter generally hung out in her bunk in the evenings, reading or watching a movie, so that left the 'main' part of the cabin for my husband and I, but with the beds pushed together there wasn't a lot of room for walking around. I think the suggestion to have the beds apart is a good one. We don't care, so it works for us to have them together, but since your son is not as likely to climb up into the bunk other than to sleep, having that space between the beds will likely make things easier for you.

Also, I always pack extra hangers. There is plenty of closet space, but a limited number of hangers. You can definitely double some things up, but if you've got some along, you've got that much more hanging space - and you can always hang some things that you might otherwise put in a drawer. We also keep some things in suitcases or carry ons under the beds. The key to enjoying a cruise in an inside cabin is ORGANIZATION! :)

Have a great cruise!

My large 22 year old son would like to join my husband and I on a 7 night cruise on the Pearl this Nov. Due to this economy, we have booked an inside cabin. Can anyone tell me exactly how crowded it will be? Will there be adequate room to store our things? Is the pull down bed large enough for a guy who is six foot two and over two hundred pounds? He is a fun kid to travel with and we wouldn't mind him joining us, just wondering about space.

ITs gonna be TIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Hope your not one of those that will

come back and rant and rave about how the cabins are way too small on

NCL because its gonna be packed in that cabin....:eek:;)

We were just on the Pearl. My brother, sister-in-law, and my sister shared an inside cabin. They had the 2 lower beds put together. The bunk hung over the bed somewhat, but my sister managed to only fall out of it going down the ladder one night. There was a small corner desk in there and a closet and small bathroom. My husband and I were in an oceanview room and it had to have been at least 30-40Sq feet larger. Not only did we have a corner desk, but we also had a full desk on the other side (missing in the inside cabin because the cabin wasn't as long). Our bathroom was also a bit larger. As far as the bunk holding your son, it looked pretty sturdy.

Just got back from a 3 adults in an inside cabin cruise. It was tight!

1) Not all inside cabins have pulmans. You will probably pay extra (if not more than 100%) to get upgraded. The price may answer this question for you.

2) I think the weight limit on some of those is 200 lbs. You may want to check.

3) The 6 ft thing could be an issue. I'm 5'8" and it was a fit for me (I was on the bunk).

4) Get one of those over the door shoe organizers and have everyone put their stuff in it. It will limit the amount of random stuff laying around.

5) Sometimes, one of you can shower in the gym showers???

Good luck!!

BTW, I did it for a 3 day weekend. That was quite long enough! :D

Sounds like everyone has given you some very good advise. I've only been in "one" inside cabin years ago and it was just the two of us. What bothered me the most, and I guess it would no matter how many people are in there....is that I just cannot tolerate the "enclosed" feeling of an inside cabin. I am claustrophobic.....not that it matters in your case, but more people for me would just make that worse. That said...

You are use to "inside cabins" and like them.....so frankly I don't think you will have any problems. I think you will all work it out as you go along. Use the underside of the bed to store all your luggage and things not needed daily to get them out of the way. Good idea to use the "spa showers"....I"ve heard many on here use them simply because they love them better than the cabin showers....so that's a great option for one of you.

I would also asked your room steward for more hangers...I am sure they can get them for you....they are use to people needing extra things like that.

I think you are all going to have a fabulous time....it's great that your son wanted to go with. I wish my son would go with us but he hates boats...LOL! :(

We just did this on the Pearl - my dad, my boyfriend, and I. I got the bunk. The insides on the Pearl are much smaller than our past two cruises and I was a little shocked! That said, it was totally fine.

We are not heavy packers, but we easily divided up the storage space (one drawer and one or two "cubbies" for each person plus closet and under the bed). The bunk was hard as a rock so I had them add padding. It will depend on what you are personally comfortable with. We were there to enjoy the ship, not our room. We also had $99/week spa passes, which helped with the shower/space situation.

Archived