Bags to Go updates service info for Fort Lauderdale

Hypo

I have found a very convenient service. Bags-to-Go for checking your baggage, at the disembarkation pier in Fort Lauderdale, when our cruise is over.

http://www.baggagecheckin.com/

They charge $20.00/pp for up to two bags /pp. We have used them in the past and were pleased with the service. When you disembark, you go through immigration and customs as usual, claim your baggage from the warehouse area and have a porter take it out to curbside. There will be a large truck waiting there with signs identifying their service. Luggage service is available for flights that depart after 11:45 AM. If you have not already checked in with your airline, (we always do from the computers onboard), they will check you in, print your boarding pass's, and check your luggage. After that, you are free to go directly to the airport, bypassing all of the checkin stuff and go straight to the security check.

They recently updated their website, so if you have signed up with them in the past, you will have to re-register. Their website also now identifies all of the ships that arrive at Ft. Lauderdale.

Their services are available for the following airlines: Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United, US Air, and Virgin Atlantic.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Hypo

Do you know if using Southwest Airlines if BTG will check you in 24 hours early to get the best possible seating priority?

No, they don't. You will have to either use the Early Bird checkin ($10.00/pp from SWA) or use a computer online to checkin at the 24 hour mark.

Hypo

I have found a very convenient service. Bags-to-Go for checking your baggage, at the disembarkation pier in Fort Lauderdale, when our cruise is over.

http://www.baggagecheckin.com/

They charge $20.00/pp for up to two bags /pp. We have used them in the past and were pleased with the service. When you disembark, you go through immigration and customs as usual, claim your baggage from the warehouse area and have a porter take it out to curbside. There will be a large truck waiting there with signs identifying their service. Luggage service is available for flights that depart after 11:45 AM. If you have not already checked in with your airline, (we always do from the computers onboard), they will check you in, print your boarding pass's, and check your luggage. After that, you are free to go directly to the airport, bypassing all of the checkin stuff and go straight to the security check.

They recently updated their website, so if you have signed up with them in the past, you will have to re-register. Their website also now identifies all of the ships that arrive at Ft. Lauderdale.

Their services are available for the following airlines: Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United, US Air, and Virgin Atlantic.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Hypo

I would like to find out if this service has any advantage over the same type service offered by the cruise lines. Thanks.

I would like to find out if this service has any advantage over the same type service offered by the cruise lines. Thanks.

The service offered by the cruiseline is about the same. However, the cruiseline does not provide service for Southwest Airline. At least they did not service SWA the last time we cruised. They both function the same, get off the ship, go through CBP and claim your luggage, take it out to the curb or the designated area and turn it over to the folks handling the luggage transfer process. We have used both services in the past, just check that whichever you choose that they service your airline. IMHO, this type of service is well worth the money as you do not have to stand in the long checkin lines at the airport, while schlepping your luggage around.

Hypo

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I TRIED to use this service last year when we got off the Oasis. I paid the 20PP for my wife and I. I asked before hand where to go once out of customs and was told they'd be 'right outside'. We got outside and there was nothing. I'm guessing someone slept in that AM, but whatever the excuse, i'll never use them again. It cost me 40.00 to find out that they don't deliver. I wrote to them when I got home and got no reply.

I TRIED to use this service last year when we got off the Oasis. I paid the 20PP for my wife and I. I asked before hand where to go once out of customs and was told they'd be 'right outside'. We got outside and there was nothing. I'm guessing someone slept in that AM, but whatever the excuse, i'll never use them again. It cost me 40.00 to find out that they don't deliver. I wrote to them when I got home and got no reply.

We had a problem on one cruise. The truck and personnel were there, but for some reason, they could not print bag tags for my luggage (They had the reservation and boarding pass's for both of us, but could only print bag tags for DW) They called SWA baggage people at FLL, and they could not figure out what the problem was, either. SWA supervisor, told us to come straight to the counter when we got to the airport, and they would manually correct the problem. We were told to bypass the checkin line and ask for a certain person. SWA fixed us up and we were on our way to Security. Bags To Go called me the next day when we got home, apologized for the problem, and refunded my $40.00 to my credit card.

I tried to use this service in March and found their counter at the airport (where we signed up the previous year) closed. I was told by Southwest personnel that Bags-To-Go no longer offers the baggage pick-up at the cruise terminal at the end of a cruise.

Anyone able to use them recently?

I tried to use this service in March and found their counter at the airport (where we signed up the previous year) closed. I was told by Southwest personnel that Bags-To-Go no longer offers the baggage pick-up at the cruise terminal at the end of a cruise.

Anyone able to use them recently?

We had used them in the past but had a problem with them last year at FLL. I had booked online but when we arrived at the terminal there was no one there. The airport info person told me she hadn't seen them in a few days.

When we got off the ship there was no one there and a HAL rep. told me she had not seen them. At the airport a SW rep. told me that recently they were told to remove all Bags-to-Go signs We could not reach anyone via telephone so I ranted on several CC forums and finally they joined in on a forum offering an apology and I did get my money back. They said something about a communications mixup.

However, in a subsequent visit to FLL I still did NOT see any sign of them at the SW. So, after reading some of these posts, I am unsure what is going on. Seems like sporadic service and no longer dependable.

Customer service onboard Celebrity Solstice in March told us there had been "some issues" and that they no longer used them. They also did not offer service between Luggage Valet and Southwest Airlines due to "some issues" with Southwest. Hopefully RCI will be offering Luggage Valet with Southwest next March when we go again.

Bag service is REALLY nice when you disembark at 0900 and flight is not until 1400!! They take bags from customs and you don't deal with them until you get to your final destination. Otherwise, you have to schlep the bags all over the airport while waiting for check-in. Since there is frequently not even a place to sit outside of security at FLL airport, this service is well worth the $20 per person charge.

It seems as though Bags To Go that used to specialize with Southwest at FLL airport is gone and the on-board Luggage Valet service is on-again/off-again with Southwest. I checked with Celebrity just before we left in March and was assured the Luggage Valet was working with Southwest, only to find out once ship-board that they were "having issues" and therefore we had to drag our bags around with us through the airport for 4 hours until we could check them in for our flight.

Archived