Anyone doing Greece in 2010??

Hello-Kitty

We are doing the Greek Isles cruise on Ruby Princess in June. Yes, it's expensive. We opted to go with an oceanview room rather than a balcony, as the balcony cabins start at almost $1,000 more per person.

I am keeping an eye on the prices; hopefully there will be an adjustment at some point, in which case I will upgrade to a balcony.

cynthia thaks i am seeing ridiculous pricing as well, i remember when they had 2 for 1 on princess i should have jumped on it.

When i did scandinavia last year i paid $$$$$ my friends are going this year at half the price, i dont want to get screwed again.

I want a deal!!! lol

Hi Kitty. We also wanted to do the Greek Island trip and a few years ago did just that. We flew into Milan and stayed for about a week around the Italian Lakes, boarded in Venice and started our cruise. This was all in September. The weather was great. There were no crowds and as I remember it was a lot cheaper than June - July - August.

Just something to consider 'cause there are options.

Kitty,

Keep your eyes open for sales and for Princess e-mails (make sure you sign up on princess.com to receive sale notices). We booked a Greek Isles/Med sailing on the Ocean Princess with three other couples during a great 2 for 1 sale that was e-mailed in August (expired end of August) for past passengers only. Good luck!

Kitty,

Keep your eyes open for sales and for Princess e-mails (make sure you sign up on princess.com to receive sale notices). We booked a Greek Isles/Med sailing on the Ocean Princess with three other couples during a great 2 for 1 sale that was e-mailed in August (expired end of August) for past passengers only. Good luck!

I'm not seeing where yo do this :confused: Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

:)From the sunny South Carolina coast

We too are looking at Mediterrean in May on the Ruby Princess. The prices are still really high.. (we are spoiled as we lucked out this past July with a 2 for 1 on a balcony land tour in Alaska now we really want to cruise again with a group on Princess) We just loved it... hopefully the prices will drop soon (otherwise its back to NCL we go):p

We booked a last minute cruise Fall 2008 on Celebrity at a great price (balcony about $1000 each) but airfare was just as much as the cruise.

DON'T miss Ephesus in Turkey as it was the highlight of the cruise for everyone we talked with. Santorini was second best stop.

We did the eastern Med. last September. Loved Santorini so much we are going to spend a week in a cave house next Sept. followed by a week on Mykonos, just in case we get too relaxed gazing at the sunset over the cauldera 6 nights in a row!:D

(P.S. September is to my mind the perfect time to go - weather is glorious and the crush of tourism has somewhat abated making everything more relaxed and giving the locals more time to personalize their service - e.g., not having to jostle with a dozen others in a small jewelry store or wait for a great table for dinner. This will be my seventh time in the Greek islands in September. How I stayed away from Santorini so long, I'll never know. I guess because they tout it for honeymooners. But I got married last year, so I guess that was the trick!)

okay can someone please explain this too me b/c i am so confused!!:confused:

I am a Platinum will be Elite soon, why wont they send me emails, i am registered, is it b/c i get mail offers????

There is no rhyme or reason to what Princess does with mailings and emails!!

One thing I have noticed, though, is that when I have a cruise booked with Princess, I tend to get a lot fewer emails and special offers than when I am "open"!

It is the opposite for us. We have had a cruise booked since July 28th and are still getting their mailings and emails.

There is no rhyme or reason to what Princess does with mailings and emails!!

One thing I have noticed, though, is that when I have a cruise booked with Princess, I tend to get a lot fewer emails and special offers than when I am "open"!

i have been sailing with Princess since 98 and NEVER an email:confused::mad:so i made up another email account and i get a ton of them!!!!

So i think this may be a good thread for all those searching for a great Greece deal:D

I am calling them now!!! Grrrrr

We booked a last minute cruise Fall 2008 on Celebrity at a great price (balcony about $1000 each) but airfare was just as much as the cruise.

DON'T miss Ephesus in Turkey as it was the highlight of the cruise for everyone we talked with. Santorini was second best stop.

There are so many places to go in the world that we never repeat ports. That said, any trip of any kind with Ephesus and Santorini in the itinerary

gets our attention. We will return to those places, and actually, we hope to just go to Santorini and stay a week!

Off To China,

On the main Princess.com page under quick links (middle near bottom) click on Register and then provide info requested. Good luck!

I see that you are doing Island Princess this fall...so are we! Are you doing Panama Canal-we are doing partial transit.

Thanks for the directions!

Yes, we're also doing the partial out of FLL. Sailaway day is Halloween!

Archived