Transportation Houston to Galveston

Cruise4Jesus

Not sure if this is an option for you, but it is what worked out best for us. We are flying into Houston on Saturday, renting a car at the airport so we have it to spend the day in Galveston on Saturday. We are leaving it at the hotel, which is within walking distance to the pier for an extra $20 for the entire week. We have an early flight back on Sunday, that way the car is right there and we can quickly get back to the airport and return the car there. It was only $238 for all week!! I thought it was a super deal. Hope that helps?

We've rented shuttles from super shuttle for our family- they have vans that can hold 10 pax and they charge $141 one way including tip.

Thanks for the info!!!! We have 7 people and the above is TOTAL for all, not per person! So that is only like $20 pp each way. That's a deal!

• 4 weeks later...

We had a great trip with Elite Limousines of Houston last year. Found them at www.elitelimohouston.com Stretch Limo was under $250 total, as I recall... had a caring careful driver and enjoyed a movie on the way down.

I'll bet the $95 taxi deal mentioned above doesnt include tip. If you're gonna go that route, get a Town Car for a few bucks more. The car and the driver will smell better!

• 2 weeks later...

I am also looking for Galveston for a cruise in February 2010 and was wondering about the transportation from Houston. A poster said that with Carnival they have transportation....is it included in the price of the cruise? If not, how much is it? Is it less expensive than the shuttle at 55$?

I am also looking for Galveston for a cruise in February 2010 and was wondering about the transportation from Houston. A poster said that with Carnival they have transportation....is it included in the price of the cruise? If not, how much is it? Is it less expensive than the shuttle at 55$?

The transportation is never included in the price of the cruise except on some lines when you book your flights through the cruise line. Since you're coming from Montreal ( I assume) - which airport in Houston will you be coming into? I'm assuming (again!) it will be IAH - the main (big) airport. That airport is a good 70 miles and a minimum of an hour and a half from Galveston.

I will be coming in to Houston by the international airport from Montreal. I am now at the stage of booking but I wanted to know how much it will cost by booking the commute from Houston to Galveston by Carnival or by another means. This forum seemed to be the best idea to learn about how to book the most efficient and cheapest way to get from Houston to Galveston. If anyone has a great hotel, not too expensive, feel free to share with me:-)

I will be coming in to Houston by the international airport from Montreal. I am now at the stage of booking but I wanted to know how much it will cost by booking the commute from Houston to Galveston by Carnival or by another means. This forum seemed to be the best idea to learn about how to book the most efficient and cheapest way to get from Houston to Galveston. If anyone has a great hotel, not too expensive, feel free to share with me:-)

Not sure if this will be too expensive for you, but check out the Hyatt stay certificates and the Hyatt Place at the IAH airport.

If you buy a stay certificate, it's good for one night including taxes and according to the price list, this hotel accepts the classic level certificates which sell for $99.

We're staying here in Feb and the room rates then will be $145-$159 per night not including taxes of 20%+.

So you're fully informed, you may need to speak to a supervisor to get them to honor that price as when I booked in July they said this hotel needed a choice level certificate which costs $135.

Well, I spoke with a supervisor and got the $99 certificates for the 5 rooms in our party and it only cost $6 for shipping.

I also just checked their website and they STILL have not corrected their pricing error, so I feel like it's shame on them and good luck to you!

• 1 month later...
was wondering what hotel did you stay at and what car rental did you use.

Thanks

Stacey

If they did Voyager or Conquest, they probably did not rent a car. Most, if not all, car rental places are closed on Sunday in Galveston ... at least last time I heard. Host Kat may have more recent info.

Archived