Fantasy class: Which ship is the BEST!?

pseudochicken

Which Carnival Fantasy class vessel is the best?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Which Carnival Fantasy class vessel is the best?

Hey folks!

This is just for pure fun, but please feel free to leave comments. :)

This is just a thread/poll to discuss which ship in the Carnival Fantasy class of vessels is the best! It could be for any reason. Best decor, best ammenities, since now some have balcony rooms, to staff, to itineraries! ANYTHING! But... overall, which ship is the BEST!?! And don't get too aggravated if yours doesn't win. We all know each one is fun and good in its own right. :D

YOU choose! :cool:

It's tough to choose one, but I would pick the Fantasy with the Imagination a close second.

Based on the crew and staff of the ship, I would vote the Fantasy as the best. Big Tex did a great job and Risa Barnes is very good as well. Plus, sail away from New Orleans is a highlight of the cruise.

The Imagination is second, based on the decor of the Horizon Bar and Grill a great cruise director, Jorge Solano and its itinerary from a couple of years ago. The Imagination a had a 5day cruise with stops at HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau. I don't think there's a finer 5 days to be spent.

It's tough to choose one, but I would pick the Fantasy with the Imagination a close second.

Based on the crew and staff of the ship, I would vote the Fantasy as the best. Big Tex did a great job and Risa Barnes is very good as well. Plus, sail away from New Orleans is a highlight of the cruise.

The Imagination is second, based on the decor of the Horizon Bar and Grill a great cruise director, Jorge Solano and its itinerary from a couple of years ago. The Imagination a had a 5day cruise with stops at HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau. I don't think there's a finer 5 days to be spent.

Sorry, HMC? Is that Half Moon Cay?

I've never been to Grand Turk or Nassau. I've heard bad, touristy things about Nassau.

What is Grand Turk like?

I'm considering the Imagination out of Miami in January to Key West and Cozumel.

What is the decor like at the Horizon B&G?

I went with the Paradise. Had the privledge of sailing on her twice when she was doing 7 day cruises out of Miami and it was still a non-smoking vessel. And, yes, it was our first ship. She was still a shiny new boat when we were on her.

2nd would be the Elation. Again, 7 days when it was in Miami and was briefly running the HMC, GT, St Thomas, San Juan itinerary. Might be rated as #2 because the itinerary was brand new at the time... think we were the 2nd CCL branded ship to call on HMC, and know we were one of the first CCL ships to call on GT (it was like a week after the port opened).

Imagination was fun... Key West, GC, and Coz. Don't remember a whole lot about it beyond that though.

Fascination... main reason I remember it is because we boarded it a day after Hurricane Frances came ashore in West Palm Beach. Late departure cause she was left out at sea and there were a slew of ships in Miami all trying to disembark passengers. Got on board and found out Key West was cancelled. Beautiful skies during the sailing, but horrible swells... only time I have ever been sick on a ship. I'm sure the ship was fine, but because of all the drama surrounding the hurricane (our original flight was cancelled because of the weather, and Port of Miami was closed up until the morning of embarkation), she's my least favorite of the Fantasy class.

BTW... they will never be the "Carnival Paradise", "Carnival Elation", et. al, to me... they will always be their original names :)

I went with the Paradise. Had the privledge of sailing on her twice when she was doing 7 day cruises out of Miami and it was still a non-smoking vessel. And, yes, it was our first ship. She was still a shiny new boat when we were on her.

2nd would be the Elation. Again, 7 days when it was in Miami and was briefly running the HMC, GT, St Thomas, San Juan itinerary. Might be rated as #2 because the itinerary was brand new at the time... think we were the 2nd CCL branded ship to call on HMC, and know we were one of the first CCL ships to call on GT (it was like a week after the port opened).

Imagination was fun... Key West, GC, and Coz. Don't remember a whole lot about it beyond that though.

Fascination... main reason I remember it is because we boarded it a day after Hurricane Frances came ashore in West Palm Beach. Late departure cause she was left out at sea and there were a slew of ships in Miami all trying to disembark passengers. Got on board and found out Key West was cancelled. Beautiful skies during the sailing, but horrible swells... only time I have ever been sick on a ship. I'm sure the ship was fine, but because of all the drama surrounding the hurricane (our original flight was cancelled because of the weather, and Port of Miami was closed up until the morning of embarkation), she's my least favorite of the Fantasy class.

BTW... they will never be the "Carnival Paradise", "Carnival Elation", et. al, to me... they will always be their original names :)

Perfectly legitimate reasons JoeSmooga! Glad I could get your opinion!

I am actually surprised on how few votes the Elation and Paradise are getting (relatively, the newest) and how MANY votes the Fantasy is getting! Fantasy is like 20 years old and has 1/3 the votes!

I'm liking what I am hearing about the Imagination. A lot of people seem to like that ship.

The Fantasy class HAS to be considered one of most successful cruise ship classes of all time. Eight, well maintained, reliable ships. It may not be the best but it HAS to be considered the most profitable considering their longevity.

For me the quiet elegance of the Elation gives a nice nod to the history of cruise ships. Some of the more neon "tron-like" themes of the fantasy class ships seem overwhelming. As a first time cruiser I researched the ship appearance before booking. The Elation has the feel I was goin for, however I can see the appeal and party spirit in those others as well.

Elation gets my vote because it was my first cruise and its the only Fantasy Class ship I've been on. Sensation could have got my vote because it seemed to mysteriously appear at ports I've visited. I have never been aboard her, but I've been in her presence a several times.

1735940643_Picture064.jpg.bbd2f0fca3c180709de9e3f3c4eae8f9.jpg

Sorry, HMC? Is that Half Moon Cay?

I've never been to Grand Turk or Nassau. I've heard bad, touristy things about Nassau.

What is Grand Turk like?

I'm considering the Imagination out of Miami in January to Key West and Cozumel.

What is the decor like at the Horizon B&G?

HMC is indeed Half Moon Cay, the private island. The water is great.

Grand Turk is the capitol of the Turk and Caicos Islands. It is believed that Columbus landed there. It is a small island around 7 miles wide. There is a bus service that takes you to different parts of the island.

When I was on the Imagination a couple of years ago, I remember the buffet area being a softer color than the neon I remembered on other ships. I believe it was teal. Jorge Solano was a very entertaining cruise director.

I am going on the Imagination in December to Key West and Nassau. One thing that is different about this cruise is that the ship remains in Cozumel until 10 pm. There is a very short time in Key West - I think the ship leaves at 2 pm.

Been on the Elation, Paradise, and Ecstasy. Elation is by far the most elegant of the three. Not sure how the Ecstasy even got a vote, let alone be in second place in this poll. That ship is the ugliest I have ever been on.

Been on the Elation, Paradise, and Ecstasy. Elation is by far the most elegant of the three. Not sure how the Ecstasy even got a vote, let alone be in second place in this poll. That ship is the ugliest I have ever been on.

Ha ha ha ha!!! your last line is the greatest!

What I find fascinating is that the Paradise (the newest of the Fantasy Class) has only received 4 votes! Has this ship not received the new upgrades yet? Is it because of its itinerary?

I'm not suggesting this poll is scientific, but I think it is very telling, don't you think? The Mexican Riviera has lost a lot of steam.

What I find fascinating is that the Paradise (the newest of the Fantasy Class) has only received 4 votes! Has this ship not received the new upgrades yet? Is it because of its itinerary?

I'm not suggesting this poll is scientific, but I think it is very telling, don't you think? The Mexican Riviera has lost a lot of steam.

The PARADISE does the 3 and 4 day "cruise-around" to let everybody drink and gamble. :DGoing just south of the border a few miles just to fulfill the "foreign port" condition is hardly the Mexican Riviera.

I think a poll of this type with ALL the possibities only results in a popularity contest. Few paxs have sailed them ALL, so they tend to vote for their favorite or favorites. :D

I also thought, that since the PARADISE was once a non-smoking ship, all those that didn't smoke that once cruised her, would most likely vote for what was once the "clean" ship. . . . Wrong again ! ! :rolleyes:

I have been on the Paradise out of Miami as well as L.A. (or Long Beach, rather). What is hurting in this poll is probably her present itinerary. Even the passengers on her when I was, cared very little about Ensenada. The best all around cruise I ever had was on her when she sailed out of Miami.

I've been on Elation, Fantasy, and Ecstasy. It was a tough choice, as I loved all 3 of them, but eventually I narrowed it down to the two Es, and Elation won. There is something about the Elation that's just classy and fun at the same time. I love the staircase in the atrium - the staircase in the Ecstasy seems cheap compared to the Elation. Then again, I did my honeymoon and 2 year anniversary cruises on the Elation, so maybe I'm biased? :o

Imagination

Imagination sailed from Italy to Miami...and never left

from 7 night cruises as the flagship of Carnival...

to 5 and 4 nighters...and now 3 night/4 night..

Imagination has been ported right here in South Florida

I will be on her for the 3rd time....I know many locals who have

been on Imagination ...it is very popular here

Great food, very pretty since the makeover...lovely serenity deck

Fantastic staff...some of them have been on her a long while too

Imagination has been getting very high marks in the internal ratings

of Carnival

They say it consistantly is at the top of customer service ratings

Think about it : what other ship has remained in one consistant homeport

for so many years....since 1995 for our Imagination and Miami :)

some great pics >> http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalImagination-Profile.html

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my vote was for the Sensation..our one and only cruise which we got married on. We had one of the new balcony rooms which spoiled me for any trips there after...:) We will be on the Fantasy in March, so then I will have something to compare her to!

I've been on both the Elation and the Ecstasy. I much preferred the Ecstasy. I could really feel the age of the Elation from everything from the dated pool to carpeting throughout the ship. The service and entertainment were amazing on both ships but the Elation could really use a facelift.

I've been on both the Elation and the Ecstasy. I much preferred the Ecstasy. I could really feel the age of the Elation from everything from the dated pool to carpeting throughout the ship. The service and entertainment were amazing on both ships but the Elation could really use a facelift.

Funny since Elation is the newer ship. I wonder when Elastion is due for an upgrade?

But have you seen her lately? She looks great just out of drydock, and the balconies are wonderful. Had one on our 10/22 sailing and she was wonderful. It was announced on that cruise that she had just won the fleet award again for service excellence. She's a great ship!

Archived