Charging a walkman

RAYMORRA

I am planning to take my Sony Walkman with me on the cruise...the trouble is, the battery is charged by plugging it into a computer...does anyone know if the computers in the internet area have USB ports? I don't want to have to take a laptop with us (too much stuff) and I was thinking I could charge it up while I got online to check email and see our pups at doggie daycare....Anyone know? Thank you!

A Belkin mini charger with USB would work. You can pick them up most anywhere that electronics are sold. Walmart has them for $14.88, here is the link. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10248165

Wow! What a great suggestion. I make my living with computers and did not know such a thing existed. I am going to tell everyone that Cruise Critic is part continuing education.

Too bad the device is so cheap - I was going to suggest you bring my laptop, which of course I would need to accompany :D

Wow! What a great suggestion. I make my living with computers and did not know such a thing existed. I am going to tell everyone that Cruise Critic is part continuing education.

Too bad the device is so cheap - I was going to suggest you bring my laptop, which of course I would need to accompany :D

I don't go anywhere without mine. No need to bring a ton of charging bricks. It also carries $75K in Surge insurance.

I got one with a cheapo MP3 player. On our last cruise a friend's camera ran down and all she had was the USB cord which had the ability to charge, she was amazed when I pulled that little thing out, she didn't know that anything like that existed either!

She had already plugged it in to one of the ship's computers but didn't want to stay long enough for it to fully charge.

They still make Sony Walkman? I though they were called Apple Ipods now:D

Just jokin'...it is just that your post brought back the memory of that day in 1978 that I first put a walkman headset on and listened to Bob Marley on cassette:eek: and it sounded so fantastic!!!!!

They still make Sony Walkman? I though they were called Apple Ipods now:D

Just jokin'...it is just that your post brought back the memory of that day in 1978 that I first put a walkman headset on and listened to Bob Marley on cassette:eek: and it sounded so fantastic!!!!!

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=16178&SR=nav:electronics:portable_electronics:mp3_players:shop_compare:ss&ref=http%3A//www.sony.com/index.php

Archived