Which cruise ends in Alaska and allows 2 year olds in kids club?

Sigyn

We want to do a cruise to Alaska next summer. Which cruise lines do cruises that end in Alaska (such as Whittier), and also allow 2 year olds in the kids club? We don't want to end in Seattle or Vancouver because we'd like to create our own land tour to do at the end of the cruise, without paying the land tour prices that some cruise lines charge.

But I am finding that many cruise lines only allow children ages 3 and up in their kids clubs.

Thanks for any suggestions.

And none of the kids programs, that I know will change diapers. You will be given a beeper. :)

Interior Alaska can offer you plenty, but I also would not consider Denali Park just not appropriate for most kids under 7 and just about a definate- not for toddlers. A Kenai Fjords boat tour, may be a bad idea,l just too long and no way out. Consider everything- in your selections.

Oh, I would never leave my son on the ship, even in a kids club, while I was at port. Too many things can go wrong and we'd be too far apart. That wasn't a consideration. Don't worry, guys!!!

As for the diapers, he's actually showing interest in toilet training now, at 21 months, believe it or not! I was toilet trained at 22 months myself, so it's not impossible. Just definitely early. So it seems like he will definitely be out of diapers by next summer when we cruise. (Knocking on wood and all of that!)

We might leave him with grandparents and go alone if taking him doesn't pan out.

Oh, I would never leave my son on the ship, even in a kids club, while I was at port. Too many things can go wrong and we'd be too far apart. That wasn't a consideration. Don't worry, guys!!!

As for the diapers, he's actually showing interest in toilet training now, at 21 months, believe it or not! I was toilet trained at 22 months myself, so it's not impossible. Just definitely early. So it seems like he will definitely be out of diapers by next summer when we cruise. (Knocking on wood and all of that!)

We might leave him with grandparents and go alone if taking him doesn't pan out.

We just finished a RCI cruise with our 3 year old and put her in the RCI kids club (Adventure Ocean) every day. She was potty trained, but had a couple of accidents, which the staff handled with aplomp - they told us it happens a couple of times with that age group every cruise.

RCI does state children must be three and potty trained to enroll in Adventure Ocean, but your son will be 30 -33 months by next summer and if he actually is potty trained by then, you could certainly ask that he be allowed into Adventure Ocean. Our other child is 5, but wanted to participate in the Adventure Ocean programming for 6 -9 year olds with his cousin and RCI accommodated our request. Although we didn't use the service ourselves, RCI also has a very nice "day-care" set up for under 3s.

If you aren't set to go next summer, Disney just announced they'll be doing Alaska cruises in 2011.

RCCL is stringent with the age requirements (must be 3+) and potty training requirements (must be 100% trained as per the sign on the Radiance last month) for Adventure Ocean. They have a playgroup that meets for 18-36 month olds once a day for 45 minutes. A parent must attend. They also offer in cabin babysitting for children over a year old. This is subject to availability and costs about $10-12/hour.

Carnival takes 2 year olds into their program, but they don't sail one way cruises to Alaska. They do change diapers.

Norwegian also takes 2 year olds, but doesn't change diapers. They also only do round trip cruises.

Archived