Alcohol policy

wailea4me

When you shop at the DF stores on shore if you buy several bottles they will pack it in a carry on box. Have the store pack most but keep a bottle or 2 in carry on if you want to use it while on board. When you return to the ship and security scans your bags and calls over to the guy at the table who tags liquor purchases give him the box and he will not know if there is more in carry on. It has always worked for me.

I totally understood your method, no question. Either that or I am a good guesser. ;)

When you shop at the DF stores on shore if you buy several bottles they will pack it in a carry on box. Have the store pack most but keep a bottle or 2 in carry on if you want to use it while on board. When you return to the ship and security scans your bags and calls over to the guy at the table who tags liquor purchases give him the box and he will not know if there is more in carry on. It has always worked for me.

If they see the liquor in your box, won't they also see it in the bag?

Carrying on liquor in a bag or box is a hit or miss situation - nobody posting on this board can guarantee you will not have it confiscated. The only sure way to carry liquor on board is in your stomach.

The surest method is to pack it in your checked luggage upon embarkation.

Ron

• 4 weeks later...
I cannot presume to speak for the original poster, but I think their logic is that the bottle (or two) in their hand luggage will be overlooked if the security staff get to take the box away and hold it until the end of the cruise.

What I gather is that at the port stop, when coming back on board after a productive day searching for that perfect bottle of booze, remove the bottle from the store-provided box and put the bottle in one's carry-on. Put some "rocks" or other "heavy" item in the store-provided box. When one moves through the luggage scanner the box and back-pack go together, the buzzer goes off. Then walk over to the table and give the nice man the box with the "rocks" in it. Get a receipt and head off to the room with one's backpack with the real booze. Pick up the rocks later and either leave them in the cabin or take them with you.

Get it??

Archived